Author Topic: C4D 2024.4 Particles  (Read 589 times)

2024-04-12, 08:15:12

steppes

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all!

Can Corona render the new native c4d Particles or only with the help of real geometry?

2024-04-15, 13:59:29
Reply #1

lollolo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Particles are still a missing feature in Corona for C4D, unfortunately.

Any news from the developers about this?

2024-04-15, 17:58:15
Reply #2

steppes

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Misunderstanding:

Cinema 4d 2024.4 has an brand new particle system. I just want to know how to render, while avoiding real geometry

2024-04-15, 18:19:16
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Like all and any third party engines (that is, anything that is not Redshift), you'll have to turn them into geometry (which is ultimately what Redshift is doing anyway, just in an in-built kind of way).
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2024-04-15, 19:39:17
Reply #4

Stefan-L

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i think you can use a c4d cloner as source i read (instead of the RS opearator thing) then they shouldbe kind of multi instances.
havent yet time to test this myself though, but somebody recommedned that for non RS use on reddit i think

2024-04-15, 21:37:07
Reply #5

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
That's what I saw too in a video about particles (though all the ones I found just focused on the generation and simulation, and stopped before talking about rendering lol!)

2024-04-16, 09:10:08
Reply #6

steppes

• Active Users
    • View Profile
yes, a cloner works.

I thought there is a more efficient way to render particles faster. Years ago, there was something called "sprites". when you render millions of tiny tiny particles, regular geometry is not needed I think.

2024-04-16, 14:32:36
Reply #7

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Not sure on sprites but at a guess you can simulate this by using geometry - like "billboard" trees and the like in older games, you would have a plane, set to always face the camera, and then have a texture on it for what the particle would look like. If using self-illumination or light material with emit light off, this should render very fast indeed, as you are basically just adding 2D sprites into the scene.

2024-04-16, 14:46:48
Reply #8

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
I believe sprits were also rendered this way back then using the billboard technique. :)
Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2024-04-22, 20:32:49
Reply #9

dirktorrijos

• Users
    • View Profile
It's killing me that Corona is sooo behind on rendering particles. I thought with C4D 2024.4 releasing a new and improved particle system, Chaos would have taken the opportunity to finally support native particles. And before you say Redshift, I like to have the ability to render a complete scene in one renderer instead of doing multiple passes and compositing in post.

2024-04-23, 04:44:17
Reply #10

aler

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It's killing me that Corona is sooo behind on rendering particles. I thought with C4D 2024.4 releasing a new and improved particle system, Chaos would have taken the opportunity to finally support native particles. And before you say Redshift, I like to have the ability to render a complete scene in one renderer instead of doing multiple passes and compositing in post.
+1

2024-04-23, 11:18:02
Reply #11

davetwo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
And before you say Redshift, I like to have the ability to render a complete scene in one renderer instead of doing multiple passes and compositing in post.
Can you explain whet you mean here? Just curious

2024-04-23, 15:09:04
Reply #12

steppes

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think, we are talking about rendering the scene with corona and the particles separately in Redshift

Yesterday at 18:20:58
Reply #13

Stefan-L

• Active Users
    • View Profile
as far i understandusing the maxon cloner instead of the special RS object IS actually the  by maxon recommended and equivalent way to use particles for all 3rd party engines. Also Octane etc seem to use it that way.

Do you see any drawbacks on it in tests?

Yesterday at 21:51:26
Reply #14

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
as far i understandusing the maxon cloner instead of the special RS object IS actually the  by maxon recommended and equivalent way to use particles for all 3rd party engines. Also Octane etc seem to use it that way.

Do you see any drawbacks on it in tests?

Using a cloner is slower in the viewport at least, which would also be an argument for a native Corona solution.
Or Corona render offers a solution to activate Cloners that clone on particle groups on rendertime automatically. I see myself forgetting this all the time.