Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] Daily Builds

Corona 10 - CRASHES A LOT

(1/5) > >>

Oxocan London:

It seems that the latest release of Corona 10 is crashing/freezing a lot more than the previous release. When I stop the interactive renderer, the window freezes and I am forced to force-shut-down Cinema 4D as it is no longer responding. I tried 4 different scenes and I can confirm that the problem persists.

Also, I am using a very simple scene containing 1 item and an HDRI ski.

I am using a MAC Pro Desktop 2013 (the trashcan).

frv:
I am using a new Mac Studio Ultra 128Gb ram and v10 seems very stable. Did a project just a few days ago and never had a crash with 1 Gb file lots of vegetation, scattering and so on. I don't remember a crash actually and been working for days.

I do notice materials not rendering occasionally and the project asset inspector often not finds the assets even though the Corona PB materials render just fine. Even after relinking the assets still show red. Especially with assets obtained by the asset browser.
Scatter does not update always in the viewport. There are little blibs here and there like that but nothing that slows me down much.

Beanzvision:
I've also found it very stable. Hmm. If you have the time, can you please also give the V11 daily build a test to see if it helps at all? Some important info on dailies can be found here before you proceed. https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/articles/4528480437265-Corona-for-Cinema-4D-Daily-Builds

Mitsurugi:

--- Quote from: Oxocan London on 2023-06-28, 18:56:16 ---
It seems that the latest release of Corona 10 is crashing/freezing a lot more than the previous release. When I stop the interactive renderer, the window freezes and I am forced to force-shut-down Cinema 4D as it is no longer responding. I tried 4 different scenes and I can confirm that the problem persists.

Also, I am using a very simple scene containing 1 item and an HDRI ski.

I am using a MAC Pro Desktop 2013 (the trashcan).

--- End quote ---

Hi,

I had the same issue with files I created and had no issues with in R26 and Corona 9 (am now on Cinema 2023 and Corona 10). Its quite annoying, and I could not fix it with the latest 10 hotfix release, nor with the available 11 daily.

My SOLUTION for not crashing cinema while trying to stop interactive render is to click on another cinema tab for an untitled project I keep opened while interactive is running. This will stop it and not crash the whole program. Kinda silly, but it works unitl there is an official fix. I remember I had the same issue (on the older workstation with different cinema and corona version a  year or two ago).

Files created anew in C2023 and Corona 10 work fine though.

davetwo:
FWIW I often have crashes starting a render when interactive VIEWPORT is already active. Is this what you mean? Same issues has persisted forever. Except for this I find Corona to be very stable

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version