Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] I need help!

Global Volume (Fog) reduces & removes Hdri Reflecions

<< < (3/3)

Anthe.cr3:
Okay i believe I understand-

I attached Screenshots where i placed the lights (since in this Renault studio scene the lights are the only "reflecting thing") really close to the car ( especially Front tire and Door Plastic Trim)

Both the Tire and Plastic Trim Material have IOR of 1.52

I also made a screenshot with Volumetrics and the reflectance on both materials turned off- The effect seems very similar to "volumetrics on & activated reflectance on both materials."
As if only the Diffuse channel catches the light, and no light affects the reflectance.

And one Viewport Screenshot showing the placement of the lights

Is this behaviour really to be expected?

Thanks
Andrej

Anthe.cr3:
Hello- is there any Updates to this issue?

Been a long time now since i posted this, but something is clearly wrong with how the reflections react when Volume is in play

Thanks!

Beanzvision:
Hi there,

It might be an idea to keep track of our releases. ;) This was resolved and can be found in our V10 daily build. You can test it here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1cMHzUt4QXW_KvapPe6Ar1k5e0SUKE8Ei

Please check this article covering the risks of using daily builds: Daily Builds FAQ
Use daily builds at your own risk and always make backups of important projects before opening them with a daily build installed.

Anthe.cr3:
Hi

Oh thank you, haven't used Corona in a while as my PC setup wasn't sufficient enough to render with CPU

Will check it out!

Greetings

Beanzvision:
Hi, no problem at all. There are many new goodies waiting for you in the newer versions ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version