Author Topic: The Modern Pinups - last pinup - (my first corona render)  (Read 5403 times)

2014-08-22, 16:42:23

thilima3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Thi Lima - 3D, Consulting & Online School
The Modern Pinups work is about a personal & non-commercial CG work. I´ve really pushed to the limits all of my 3D and Post Production Skills. On every new scene I´ve tried to increase the challenge level, specially in therms of modeling complexity and photo composition with the 3D renders. In these scenes I´ve tested a lot of different softwares and pipelines such as 3DsMax, Vray, Maxwell Render, Corona Render, Octane Render and Realflow. Each scene also has a concept, sometimes obvious and sometimes subliminal. I hope you enjoy it

PDF VERSION - http://thilima.com.br/the_modern_pinups.pdf (extra shots + wireframes + making of)

EBOOK VERSION - http://issuu.com/thilima/docs/the_modern_pinups (extra shots + wireframes + making of)

Challenges: Massive poly count x unbiased render
Softwares: 3Dstudio Max & Corona Renderer
Plugins: Rayfire, Multiscatter, Forest Pro, RailClone
PHOTOGRAPHER - Daniela Donato
MODEL - Daniela Donato
References/Inspirations: Movies - 2012, War of the Worlds, Man of Steel and Skyline

« Last Edit: 2014-08-22, 18:12:27 by thilima3d »

2014-08-22, 17:36:45
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
All I can say is there must be some CRAZY amount of skills and work put into these images. The level of detail and huge amounts of geometry are breathtaking. Awesome job. Hope it was fun to work with Corona. :)

The only thing I didn't like is the cropping in the picture you posted in this thread - why is the girl (most important element, right?) cut into half?? It just looks wrong for me.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2014-08-25, 13:48:22
Reply #2

dia

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Something strange in this forum...One comment???? This is great work with huge amount of detail. Not my favorite in your serie of image but still i like the use of all software here..

/DIA

2014-08-26, 04:09:49
Reply #3

dartofang

• Active Users
  • @archviztutorial
    • View Profile
the details are amazing. and how you work on the images, i agree with DIA, this image is not the strongest among other of your pinups.  but still congrats man on the best of evermotion award!!! ;) great job on both rendering and in post :)

2014-08-26, 14:49:09
Reply #4

CiroC

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Thanks for sharing the Making of. The combination between the different elements is perfect.

Muito bom trabalho ;)

2014-08-27, 11:23:40
Reply #5

thangbui2504

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Very welldone man ! Love it, but i have some questions why the girls not's afraid at all, and why all the excited part where the alien ship suck up the church is far away, we really want to see it closely. Thats all i though about.
By the way, really love it, the detail the mood... and sorry for my bad english !