Author Topic: flickering noise animation  (Read 3007 times)

2020-02-13, 00:05:01

santyr10

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, I've been using corona for a while and I cant quiet get it to render animations without noise without crazy rendering times.
Attached is an example of the animation. Its set to 80 passes, it has corona high quality denoiser activated and in the performance tab under UHD Cache, animation (flicker-free)
The scene is an interior scene with an hdri and one light with very low intensity on (no light mix)
The problem is that with this settings i get around 50 minute render times and theres still a lot of visible noise.(especially on the sofa)
Ive tried to up the passes as a test and with 120 passes the noise is almost gone (not 100% gone) and each frame takes around 2 hours!!
If anyone could help me out it would be much appreciated as I feel the solution has to be something simple and I cant seem to find it.
Computer specs below.

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight-core Processor 3.65 Ghz, 16 GB Ram.

2020-03-29, 16:19:55
Reply #1

Basshunter

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey man, did managed to fix this issue?
I'm facing kind of the same issue.

2020-05-18, 11:14:20
Reply #2

santyr10

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hey, no i did not! :(
I thought somebody here would be able to help me...

2020-05-18, 20:49:19
Reply #3

vblackrender.

• Active Users
    • View Profile
2 hours for one full hd frame is extremly high. On your Cpu 15-20min should be enough.

What I always do, is to set the High quality denoiser to 0.5 and do some additional denoising for flat surfaces in neat video in premiere pro or after effects.

You said that you are lighting with a hdri, that can be the reason for 2x rendertime. I would try to light your scene with a sky or area lights. Should be easily possible, to reach the same lighting.

I have rendered this scene before and I have rendered 13min for one frame at 1920x1080 on a Ryzen 1700 and I have used only arealights outside the windows.

Your scene is no complex scene and you should reach much faster rendertimes. I am sure 10-15min could be possible on your setup.

2020-05-19, 12:22:04
Reply #4

santyr10

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you very much for your answer.
I do everything the same you said with the exception of the hdri lighting. I guess that could be the problem then. It just frustrating since I do all my lighting with hdri.
Thanks again and Great work! really like your animation.