Author Topic: New mobile workstation  (Read 15596 times)

2020-02-03, 19:31:01
Reply #45

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website

The shop is able to find a kit o 4x32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB DDR4 3.200 Mhz, CL16.

For my whole life...I can't find anything like that anywhere on internet. If it does, quickly buy two packages for me as well :- ).
Not to doubt your IT company... but are they sure they didn't find "32(4x 8GB)" instead? Because I can't find any 32GB DIMM Dominators.

Anyway, I can't guarantee shit, you're always taking the same risk with memory if it's not on QVL (and nothing is ever there). You can always return it.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2020-02-03, 19:52:42
Reply #46

Giona

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
  • 3D - MTB - Photography
    • View Profile
    • Giona Andreani 3D Visualization

For my whole life...I can't find anything like that anywhere on internet. If it does, quickly buy two packages for me as well :- ).
Not to doubt your IT company... but are they sure they didn't find "32(4x 8GB)" instead? Because I can't find any 32GB DIMM Dominators.

Anyway, I can't guarantee shit, you're always taking the same risk with memory if it's not on QVL (and nothing is ever there). You can always return it.

Ahah if you want that mysterious kit is available on this online shop (probably it has the same supplier as the shop that will build my pc): http://www.drako.it/drako_catalog/product_info.php?products_id=23495

Anyway the shop is trying to contact his supplier because it looks strange to them too. On Corsair website it doesn't exists.
Still waiting for an answer though..

I'm thinking to go back to the Threadripper build, even if it will cost more, it's way easier to assemble that with 128gb.

*just noticed that the SKU code for that kit on the online shop is the same code for this Vengeance kit: https://www.corsair.com/it/it/Categorie/Prodotti/Memoria/Vengeance-PRO-RGB-Black/p/CMW128GX4M4E3200C16

Probably they're selling the vengeance kit, but with wrong description.
« Last Edit: 2020-02-03, 19:56:06 by giona4 »

2020-02-03, 20:11:40
Reply #47

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Even for Threadripper, 4x32 is better than 8x16 (less stress on memory controller..and option to upgrade in future).

There is no difference between Vengeance LPX and Vengeance RGB Pro, just different heatsink.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2020-02-18, 11:26:50
Reply #48

Giona

• Active Users
  • 3D - MTB - Photography
    • View Profile
Finally the workstation has arrived. Not as portable as initially planned though :)

Ryzen 9 3950X
Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming
128GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200Mhz
RTX 2070 Super
WD 500GB NVMe
Crucial 1TB SSD
2 Seagate Barracuda 2TB in Raid 1 for storage and backup
Noctua NH U12A
Coolermaster V850 Platinum
Coolermaster Masterbox TD500

And yes, it has RGB :)

2020-02-18, 13:23:24
Reply #49

STHA

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I did not pay so much for them :- ). There are lot of Quadros on Auctions like eBay (brand-new) from system integrators within companies.

It's for the memory, we really need 16GB Vram. For multiple 3dsMax scenes open at same time mainly. Viewport, no GPU rendering for us :- ).

Dude! - I found some for almost 700 off the RRP -
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NVIDIA-Quadro-RTX-5000-16GB-GDDR6-Turing-Ray-Tracing-Workstation-Graphic-Card/133337267082?hash=item1f0b853b8a:g:F8QAAOSwP~leSyb6

Although I do not use it, but It was suggested for a prebuilt as I am not allowed to custom build a new work pc.

Nice build giona4!. I got a few parts already for my own. waiting to get the other stuff soom.

2020-05-10, 12:53:38
Reply #50

Br1p

• Users
    • View Profile
Finally the workstation has arrived. Not as portable as initially planned though :)

Ryzen 9 3950X
Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming
128GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200Mhz
RTX 2070 Super
WD 500GB NVMe
Crucial 1TB SSD
2 Seagate Barracuda 2TB in Raid 1 for storage and backup
Noctua NH U12A
Coolermaster V850 Platinum
Coolermaster Masterbox TD500

And yes, it has RGB :)

I want to mount a mobile workstation similar to yours with the cerberus case. I will take her in a backpack on weekends to another home. How has your experience been with this case?

2020-05-10, 18:26:05
Reply #51

Giona

• Active Users
  • 3D - MTB - Photography
    • View Profile
I want to mount a mobile workstation similar to yours with the cerberus case. I will take her in a backpack on weekends to another home. How has your experience been with this case?

I have a different case, the Cerberus X was not easy to find and I was in a hurry to assemble the workstation.
The case I'm using is a Coolermaster Masterbox TD500 and so far I'm satisfied. I like it and seems well built, but is not something you can put in a backpack.