Author Topic: help on realistic exterior scene  (Read 16569 times)

2014-10-23, 03:46:57

demmi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i have been searching on the internet and i did not find one good exterior scene tutorials for corona is there anyone? i mean i have seen some videos on youtube but they are all generic and do not cover a full exterior render. We do have lots of good ones for interior but for exterior dont. I am trying to render an exterior shot with hdri+corona sun and it is not good
Anyone? maybe someone need to make a good one.
behance.com/demmi
- active Corona User

2014-10-23, 08:20:29
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Or you can show your result, tell what you don't like and ask how to improve...
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2014-10-23, 14:56:07
Reply #2

demmi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sure as soon i get home i will add my exterior attempt tnks!!
behance.com/demmi
- active Corona User

2014-10-24, 03:04:04
Reply #3

demmi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey guys here is my test scene

Exterior 1 -  image is rendered only with an HDRI and it produces some shadows not too sharp
Exterior 2 - image is rendered only with another HDRI only too but produces almost no shadow
Exterior 3 - image is rendered with the HDRI of the Exterior 2 + Corona Sun

I mean do not pay attention to the materials i only want to see how exterior ilumination works what do you guys think
Is it correct to illuminate with HDRI+sun? and what do you guys say to improve the lighting in scene?
Does it looks like real? and how is your exterior images workflow?

tnks in advance
behance.com/demmi
- active Corona User

2014-10-24, 09:02:19
Reply #4

rambambulli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Demmi,

It is hard to say if it's real on not. Because the model lacks too much realism/scenery to check if the lighting looks real or not.

I think it is perfect to use hdri + sun. I added two images. One with only a hdri (corner.jpg). Set the HDRI to a gamma of 0.77 to gain more shadows.
check this blog:
http://www.peterguthrie.net/blog/2012/02/hdri-lighting-workflow

And with the other (park-front) image I used a HDRI + sun to give the image a bit of a boost on the shadows and sun color.

So if you add some scenery that, for instance, drops shadows on your building then you can check if your settings if they are correct for you or not.

2014-10-24, 23:02:18
Reply #5

demmi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ok i followed  Juraj_Talcik tips on choosing a better HDRI for exterior  scene and here is the result image that im my opinion the ilumination is better then my tests done on first post
i got this from CG-Source sample
What do you guys think i this the right way?
behance.com/demmi
- active Corona User

2014-10-25, 06:12:03
Reply #6

borisquezadaa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hmmm... one last word of advice.
If you can get your hands on "Lesson 06-Tonemaping HDRI" from Grant Warwick you are done!.
It explains a lot of stuff on how you can edit and work with hdri's.

Really an eye opener.
What i do with Corona My Corona post of random stuff rendering
WARNING: English.dll still loading...

2014-10-25, 23:20:15
Reply #7

demmi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
this is the result of one week learning corona and also 3ds to the same time and following all advices on this forum and in fact my first try on decent exterior render? is the lighting good? its HDRI (on the background) +sun
cheers
behance.com/demmi
- active Corona User

2014-10-26, 08:33:43
Reply #8

rambambulli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
in my opinion it doesn't matter if it is correct or not. Does your lighting produce a great image or not. That should be the question, I guess.
This is an image of I guess the sunniest place on earth. The sun is at almost 90 deg. above the beds so it doesn't generate distinct shadows and therefor the light  doesn't help you to get depth in your image.

I don't know what the purpose of the image is but maybe you could use a hdri with a lower standing sun so you get more mood and depth in your image :).