Author Topic: sigershop  (Read 10048 times)

2016-01-06, 18:46:00
Reply #15

Benny

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Impressive knowledge, I apparently stand corrected. Will check it out.

Btw, I saw the Traveling Essentials, very beautiful work.

2016-01-07, 20:28:30
Reply #16

vkiuru

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just downloaded the latest iteration yesterday but I really liked what I saw. Even the previous (September ?) update was already very nice. Now they use a lot of the procedural plugins he does (Fresnel,Scratches,etc..) too.

The leather on the boots was slightly tweaked to personal liking but it's not much different and you can see the textures tile well and have great detail.
The fabric is also from there, but with different color and some tweaking (well, completely different material was needed :- D )
The gold as well :- ) Not hard material, but if it takes 2 seconds to create...why not...

Don't have time to do any renders though, and they never feature dominantly since stuff like flooring is always custom. But I think it's pretty top-value product. They are great base and pretty thoroughly put together, hardly the basic stuff from 2 years ago.

They have new previews, which are pretty nice. BUT finally, a hint how the UVWs work. I never knew how big they were supposed to tile....

Procedural metals look pretty good too.

Juraj thanks for this, exactly the kind of info and presentation I was hoping to get! A definite buy \o/