Author Topic: sigershop  (Read 9984 times)

2015-09-28, 08:22:42

Tanakov

• Active Users
  • Corona is faster than diarrhea
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/Gringott
Hello,

Im considering buing sigershaders for corona, and was wondering if anyone of you is using it. Does any of you have some experience with it? Is it worth the money? I never bought such thing as mat library, I always make my own, but I think its time to give this thing a shot. So once again, is it worth it?
Using Corona since 2014-01-02
https://www.behance.net/Gringott

2015-09-28, 09:15:30
Reply #1

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be

2015-09-28, 11:19:23
Reply #2

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Yes.

It's also big library of tiling textures :- ) But best of it is the library system itself for storing your own materials (now also available as separate product)
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2015-09-28, 12:48:26
Reply #3

Tanakov

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Can you show me any results of using it? I would apriciate some more information.

Also do we get any % there with corona? I just cant remember :)

Considering that I value your input Juraj, Im quite convinced but I just want some more examples, so that I can convince my boss.
« Last Edit: 2015-09-28, 13:01:16 by Tanakov »

2015-09-29, 22:24:12
Reply #4

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-01-04, 22:53:59
Reply #5

vkiuru

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, I've been on the fence with this one. On one hand the material library itself would/could be worth it but it's hard to judge the materials from the preview images. Could one of you who owns the material library that has hundreds of ready to use materials please demonstrate some of them in practice? It doesn't have to be a masterpiece, just a simple box the size of an average room with wall materials fetched from the library, as well as say a concrete floor from the said library and maybe a wooden box the size of your average dining table with a wood shader applied to it? And while you are at it, maybe demonstrate one of the more complex materials like procedural AO metal/rust? pretty please? This would be much more effective than looking at the small shaderballs and wondering will I ever even use them as a base.

2016-01-04, 23:02:55
Reply #6

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Just downloaded the latest iteration yesterday but I really liked what I saw. Even the previous (September ?) update was already very nice. Now they use a lot of the procedural plugins he does (Fresnel,Scratches,etc..) too.

The leather on the boots was slightly tweaked to personal liking but it's not much different and you can see the textures tile well and have great detail.
The fabric is also from there, but with different color and some tweaking (well, completely different material was needed :- D )
The gold as well :- ) Not hard material, but if it takes 2 seconds to create...why not...

Don't have time to do any renders though, and they never feature dominantly since stuff like flooring is always custom. But I think it's pretty top-value product. They are great base and pretty thoroughly put together, hardly the basic stuff from 2 years ago.

They have new previews, which are pretty nice. BUT finally, a hint how the UVWs work. I never knew how big they were supposed to tile....

Procedural metals look pretty good too.

« Last Edit: 2016-01-04, 23:21:26 by Juraj_Talcik »
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models

2016-01-05, 14:44:45
Reply #7

Tanakov

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks man I bought it :)

2016-01-06, 03:13:02
Reply #8

Benny

• Active Users
    • View Profile
But how are the render times? I've heard they are astronomical?

2016-01-06, 08:41:56
Reply #9

-Ben-Battler-

• Active Users
    • View Profile
And how is the workflow? So you have this Siger UI and then you assign materials from there? Or does it pop up in the ME and you can tweak it? Probably yes..
Visit boxel

2016-01-06, 09:18:01
Reply #10

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
And how is the workflow? So you have this Siger UI and then you assign materials from there? Or does it pop up in the ME and you can tweak it? Probably yes..

Or you attach it straight to a selected object, or it to will pop up in the active slot of the sample slots of your material browser. The choice is yours.
Another benefit is that you can organize your own materials in the package . Which is great and easy for sharing with your colleagues if you are working in a small or big studio.
I am a big fan.

2016-01-06, 14:26:59
Reply #11

-Ben-Battler-

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sounds promising!
Visit boxel

2016-01-06, 15:21:15
Reply #12

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
But how are the render times? I've heard they are astronomical?

Why .. ? It's same material like any other, there is no render time difference....

If we are still talking about Corona renderer.

2016-01-06, 18:11:27
Reply #13

Benny

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have heard multiple times that the Siger materials are render hogs, but this is admittedly in relation to Vray.

2016-01-06, 18:25:47
Reply #14

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Before Vray3.0 SP came with GGX (GTR), there were layered materials. That multiplies rendering time per such material. Secondly, unless one was using the automatic/universal shading subdivisions (through MinimalShading Rate and Color Threshold, just like now in most recent 3.3 SP update), they also had high subdivisions to clean up. Multiply that with fact people used often global subdivions, you would end up with materials that would indeed render a lot.

Currently, layered glossies are done single-shader wise thanks to GGX in both Vray and Corona.

All that doesn't matter at all though in Corona. A glossy material with 4 high-res textures will render same time as any other shader of similar complex. Nothing strange or time hogging about the way the recent Siger mats are setup.