Author Topic: VRay 3.0 sneak peak  (Read 10957 times)

2013-07-03, 11:17:39
Reply #15

vkiuru

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes fair enough, but then, that can be said about any company and any engine.

I guess I was just reacting to certain comments in this thread, since I already saw the Maxwell (among others) forums go down the fanboy path back in the day and it's such a depressing atmosphere I'd really like it if Corona forum could avoid that and keep an open mind.

2013-07-03, 13:12:37
Reply #16

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Yes fair enough, but then, that can be said about any company and any engine.

I guess I was just reacting to certain comments in this thread, since I already saw the Maxwell (among others) forums go down the fanboy path back in the day and it's such a depressing atmosphere I'd really like it if Corona forum could avoid that and keep an open mind.

Tell me about this ! I used Maxwell during Ronen's competition so I found my way onto forum. Huge, too spread out, completely devoid of life with exception for die-hard fans and ignored super-hard by Devs. The Arion doesn't even have forum anymore ! And Octane one still suffers much from naivety of low-level adopters (like every small-time renderers..). Chaos Group is basicly the only forum where you can have serious technical discussion with both real pros and devs imho.
But every Software forum is like this (this one no exception to some smaller extent). I guess it's human nature to justify their choices zealously
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2013-07-03, 22:45:33
Reply #17

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Did anyone notice this feature ? "Automatic asset transfer for DR" like...finally !

Seems like something rather easy to code-in yet extremely powerful. I hope Corona's DB system will integrate such thing too.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2013-07-04, 06:27:20
Reply #18

Javadevil

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It had to happen sooner or later, since corona was open to everyone and every experienced person in a field of rendering should not have any problems identifying basic outlines of how features work. Now, that they replicated what they could gather, the competitive fight is finally going to get interesting ;)

I definitely don't see it in a negative way. There is finally some competition on the field of renderers going on ;)

Totally agree, this just makes the dev's work harder, implement better features, better workflow, the ones that don't get left behind, oh Mental ray anyone :)