Author Topic: Night Street  (Read 3209 times)

2016-06-07, 09:19:18

bibi5000

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This is a recreation of a photo I took with my iPhone some night last winter. I liked how the high ISO value tended to burn some color values, making some colors over saturated, giving the image a greenish tint.

While I had to take some shortcuts due my little free time (no snow on the trees and bushes and the displacement map on the snow would need some more work) I am quite pleased with the result. The scene is lit with only two corona lights, a very low key HDRI. The fantastic Corona volume fog does most of the light scattering.

Mudbox, 3dsmax, Corona 1.3, bit of postwork in Photoshop.

2016-06-07, 09:45:16
Reply #1

FrostKiwi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Penguins are a new one for Corona if I'm correct :D
Looks really impressive for a comparison.
Please upload an uncompressed, preferably png, so we can appreciate more of your work. The JPG  compresses the small color difference to unbearable blocky messes. Would love to take a look at the car in the background.
How did you get the Ground bumpyness? Did you just project the image onto the ground geometry?
I'm 🐥 not 🥝, pls don't eat me ( ;  ;   )

2016-06-07, 10:45:09
Reply #2

bibi5000

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Every image is better with penguins ;)
The ground is just roughly blocked geometry with a displacement map, painted in Mudbox. The car in the background is a Alfa Romeo GTA 1968 which I modeled for another project, I'll try to set up a good view of it as soon as I find the time and also upload uncompressed images :)

Here is the original photo:

2016-06-08, 12:06:26
Reply #3

bibi5000

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Here is the Alfa Romeo GTA 1968 with a quick frost layer done in Substance Designer.