Author Topic: Best vegetation pack for corona  (Read 27893 times)

2016-04-27, 11:06:17

micmac

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello, i'm looking for buying a vegetation pack for my renders. Do you have any ideas?
I try evermotion but they are not corona ready and colors are very saturated...
Can you tell me which library is the best?
Thanks!

2016-04-27, 11:24:17
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I'm not judging the quality, but there is also this website:
http://www.maxtree.org/
And Corona customers are provided with a discount coupon for this shop.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-04-27, 12:08:07
Reply #2

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Got these and really like them:
http://www.vizpark.com/shop/plants-complete/
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2016-04-27, 13:14:35
Reply #3

darrentomkins

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Forest Pack with HQ plants work really well using the Corona MTL Converter once placed.

2016-04-27, 13:27:09
Reply #4

DarcTheo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Forest Pack with HQ plants work really well using the Corona MTL Converter once placed.

Dont the forest pack plants come ready for corona anyway without use of the converter? I thought they did anyway...

2016-04-27, 18:08:30
Reply #5

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Dont the forest pack plants come ready for corona anyway without use of the converter? I thought they did anyway...
yes, they also come with corona materials now - but I wouldn't be so sure the converter wasn't involved in the process :D
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2016-04-27, 18:49:30
Reply #6

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website

I try evermotion but they are not corona ready and colors are very saturated...

The most recent (the one not setup for Corona) is the only tree collection on market that is starting to resemble actual trees. But you are right, the fucking materials :- ( I don't know what universe  they come from.... just batch-desaturate the texture folder :- )

Max tree does not currently sell individual trees anymore (or I don't see them since they revamped website), but those were quite OK (or good) looking (and finally, a someone who understands how to do leaves (geo+opacity at same time, never only either!). Or do you guys mean the Volume 02 ?

HQ is disgusting, top level 1995 cylinder look. Wrong on every single way.

Bertrand has few nice trees on his Turbosquid. I wish he could sell his former Onyx trees, which were far superior, but alas, shitty Onyx abandonware licence. (should just ignore it, such licence is hardly legal in Europe anyway).

Vizpark is passable, but they don't drop me on my ass with realism.

I am super-sad about this situation, it's 2016 and we still can't get nice trees. The only capable generator (GrowFx) is utterly user-non-friendly in every way possible and it's not even true vegetation generator, it has none of the algorithmic botany stuff inside, it's just nodal curve editor... This is age of start-ups, someone should finally do something about this, there is definitely a place on market for this. (for new Onyx-like software)
« Last Edit: 2016-04-27, 18:53:29 by Juraj_Talcik »
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2016-04-27, 18:50:54
Reply #7

Nekrobul

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
As already maru said maxtree, And if you need something special try out Speed Tree
---------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.blackbellstudio.com/
https://www.behance.net/blackbell3d
CEO at "Blackbell Studio"

2016-04-28, 08:00:44
Reply #8

Fritzlachatte

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I am unsure about the quality but has anybody ever tried out the PlantFactory software
http://www.plantfactory-tech.com/

Whenever I visit the website I think it looks promising, but I am not 100% willing to join and learn this vue/Terragen/PLFactory- Universe.
I am not even sure if it is the " children´s version" for people like me who are way too stupid for growFX... So don´t grumble if it is cheap stuff :-)

Evermotion has this Corona Greenery pack and those 3d scanned trees/trunks in another bundle. Are they well done and just a question of over sturated colors
or generally medium quality, only?

2016-04-28, 09:03:32
Reply #9

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I am unsure about the quality but has anybody ever tried out the PlantFactory software
http://www.plantfactory-tech.com/

Whenever I visit the website I think it looks promising, but I am not 100% willing to join and learn this vue/Terragen/PLFactory- Universe.
I am not even sure if it is the " children´s version" for people like me who are way too stupid for growFX... So don´t grumble if it is cheap stuff :-)

Evermotion has this Corona Greenery pack and those 3d scanned trees/trunks in another bundle. Are they well done and just a question of over sturated colors
or generally medium quality, only?

This plantfactory thing looks very similar to speedtree... Seems cheaper though.

2016-04-28, 09:52:32
Reply #10

Fritzlachatte

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This plantfactory thing looks very similar to speedtree... Seems cheaper though.

...and the conclusion iiiiiiiiis ?!

Cheaper in terms of less money or quality, speedtree seems quite common and established, so sorry don´t get the clue.

2016-04-28, 11:45:25
Reply #11

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Plant Factory is not "children version" of SpeedTree :- ) It's actually far more advanced, like 10times. Which is also reason why nobody uses it.

It has quite complex nodal approach and it will take you lot of time to both master and use it. Then, you can create pretty much anything with it. Still, be warned, just like SpeedTree, the workflow is more optimized towards billboard meshes as final leaves step. It's easier to get classic "hero" trees with GrowFx.

Regarding those two packages with Evermotion, I think you can just browse through .pdfs and see the one for Corona is just repackaged old stuff, and ugly. The newest one, is quite very nice, just without Corona mats (Corona convert plugin does poor job with 2sided mat, be warned) and shitty oversaturated textures. But if I was gonna do a project now, I would probably buy those and do corrections myself.

But consensus is the Maxtree is nice as well.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2016-04-28, 16:15:08
Reply #12

Fritzlachatte

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Juraj,

it appears, I was totally wrong, matching the Plant Factory Website and especially the Videoloop running all the time, everything gives the impression of being quite easy to use with some nice mmhhh nice childish icons (which are much better then other Win32/DOS "feel bad" interfaces, many other programms offer :-)
I was not aware about the range of capabilites, think I have to try out the trial version because I always wanted to create some alpine flowers by photos/textures I made in Tirol.

It is funny, what you wrote about the Evermotion Corona-Greenery Bundle because it was my first supposition aswell, when it came out... why did they take so long, just for using the converter and leaving it as it comes out. (I think with Forest Pack it is really the same, but they forgot to fix the normal maps...)

But many thanks for your personal review, that was something, which always intested me.

2016-04-28, 16:54:46
Reply #13

leocv

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My behance portfolio
Has anyone here tried the The Grove?

https://www.thegrove3d.com/

Sounds really interesting.
KISS Principle
Keep it simple, stupid!

www.behance.net/leonardovieira

2016-04-28, 17:12:21
Reply #14

sebastian___

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Those close-up leaves geometry from the video looked very good.

EDIT : hmm, twigs with high quality leafs sold separately, and not expensive.
« Last Edit: 2016-04-28, 17:15:42 by sebastian___ »