Author Topic: Network interactive render and animation resume  (Read 2699 times)

2016-04-05, 20:57:07

sebastian___

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is it possible to render a single image using multiple computers on a network ? And even better, using the progressive preview interactive render with multiple computers ?
I remember reading about this somewhere here in the past, but I can't find that thread.

And question two, I found this and I think it's a very useful request.

Using the "resume from image" option, but for animation (better explained in the posted links)

it's in "Resolved feature requests" Does this mean it's available ?
 and yes the next links are leading to one another resulting in "forumception"
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,8616.msg56390.html#msg56390
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,4087.0.html
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,6171.0.html

2016-04-06, 11:52:53
Reply #1

FrostKiwi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Is it possible to render a single image using multiple computers on a network ?
Ye, this is an essential feature of every renderer. Either use CoronaDR for multiple PCs for one image or backburner for animations.
And even better, using the progressive preview interactive render with multiple computers ?
This is currently not possible and has a limitation, in that the netwroked PCs need to redownload all textures and max file to start rendering with each change promting a redownload of the .max file aswell. This will put stress on I/Ops and networkcard of the workstation and will take time to implement and figure out. Also this goes a bit against the philosophy of a fast, draft preview, since it will take time for renderers to start working. You can suggest it if you want, with a proper feature request.

it's in "Resolved feature requests" Does this mean it's available ?
No, the wording is a bit unlucky here. It means "We have read the suggestion, wrote it on the white board and now delete this so it doesn't spam the suggestions subthread, since it's already acknowledged"

This feature would be actually possible to implement in a short time, since the hearth of the feature, resume render is already coded, but the priorities lie somewhere else currently.
And hell! you can do it yourself with overlay in post. Might post a guide on that.
I'm 🐥 not 🥝, pls don't eat me ( ;  ;   )

2016-04-06, 15:48:28
Reply #2

sebastian___

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This feature would be actually possible to implement in a short time, since the hearth of the feature, resume render is already coded, but the priorities lie somewhere else currently.
And hell! you can do it yourself with overlay in post. Might post a guide on that.

Hmm, that's a great idea. Just overlaying the two sequences, the second layer with 50% opacity ? Would that lead to the same result as "resume from image" ? easy to test I guess.
Perhaps if needed, adding a third layer. That layer would also need to have 50% opacity ? Or each layer like 35% or 40%. I'm sure there's a math involved here.

For network rendering, networked pc's having to redownload all the textures, even if all the textures are already loaded and local ? That's not good.
And with faster and faster network speed, having the possibility in the future to interactive render with multiple computers would be great.