Author Topic: Linking Environment to Camera  (Read 2005 times)

2018-09-10, 03:52:21

louisryko

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi All,

I'm sure this question has been raised before, but I'm unable to find any previous posts or info... so sorry if this is a noob question.

I have multiple cameras in my scene and varied environment HDRI's (and less importantly, different Corona sun positions) I'd like to use. Each camera has it's own respective environment that I must replace in the environment slot each time I render from a different camera.

Is there a way to automatically change the environment/hdri used when I change cameras, aka; linking an environment to a camera?

Any tips much appreciated!

2018-09-10, 09:44:28
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Did you try scene states? I know it's buggy and cumbersome to use, but it should do the job nonetheless.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2018-09-10, 17:22:41
Reply #2

mferster

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I've never used it before, but this might help you out. worth looking into anyways.

https://www.ronenbekerman.com/pulze-scene-manager-announced/

2018-09-11, 02:00:40
Reply #3

louisryko

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Did you try scene states? I know it's buggy and cumbersome to use, but it should do the job nonetheless.

Cumbersome, yes! And generally awful. There has to be a better way. Surely? Appreciate the reply though, mate.

I've never used it before, but this might help you out. worth looking into anyways.

https://www.ronenbekerman.com/pulze-scene-manager-announced/

I downloaded this as beta, used it for about 30 mins, crashed twice and never bothered with it again. Good tip though, maybe worth trying out again. Thanks.

I gotta say, I'm shocked this hasn't been resolved by the Corona team yet... this seems like a no-brainer and something I'd presume would attract a lot of use

2018-09-11, 09:02:12
Reply #4

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
I'm sure this question has been raised before, but I'm unable to find any previous posts or info...

Here is something similar, maybe there are some ideas if you just do stills:

https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=19063.0

Corona Sun+Sky could be simply keyed additionally.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2018-09-11, 09:21:01
Reply #5

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I remember this was discussed when the CoronaCam was designed. The camera would have a map slot for a distinct environment map, or one could have it as a modifier... I'm not sure why it wasn't added, I guess it wasn't because it would add another layer of complexity.
But I agree that it would be useful in many situations.