Author Topic: Surface Problem – Broken Geometry along Edges  (Read 989 times)

2021-10-28, 15:48:43

ASIMO

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Hello

I am very satisfied using Corona Render together with Cinema4D. I usually build models in ArchiCAD and use the DIN3D Exporter. So a quite common setup that works very well.

Still I sometimes recognize the same problem with subdivided plane surfaces. There seems to be an edge break along the diagonal line in the model.

It has nothing to do with the material, the Phong Tag or the Mapping.

It is invisible and always correct in Interactive Rendering preview. But the final render is always wrong. This is very strange, no ?

I have attached two images and the file where you can see the one surface creating that shaded diagonal.

It would be great to know what is the exact problem with the model or the scene to avoid this things or create a proper workaround.

Thank you so much for your help.

2021-10-28, 21:27:49
Reply #1

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The topology is a mess.

Maybe somebody else has a better idea but selecting all polygons and "triangulate" would be a quick fix for the render result.

2021-10-28, 21:32:42
Reply #2

ASIMO

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Hello and Thank you !

Actually I was able to eliminate the failure this evening.
_

The problem is caused by the import option in the DIN3D plugin.

If someone is encountering the same problem you have to change the settings for Optimization. Uncheck Optimization for points or change the radius !

This solved it for me. Still I do not know why it is different in final render and the preview. Maybe because of reduced accuracy or interpolation.

Would still be nice to know what makes the difference.

Have a good evening.