Author Topic: Meadow Asset *Making of available**cscatter-version available*  (Read 23093 times)

2017-06-01, 02:37:06
Reply #15

fLuppster

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It depends on which scatter software you are using. MoGraph and SurfaceSpread are pretty useless when it comes to larger scenes, thats right. But with CarbonScatter and OctaneScatter you can easily scatter millions of objects without any viewport issues.

Good point with the lawn edges. I will provide smaller patches for these areas.

I've started working on the asset, so keep your eyes open. ;)

2017-06-01, 20:56:54
Reply #16

rasskass

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Can't wait!

2017-06-07, 12:40:46
Reply #17

darstellungsart.

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • darstellugnsart. homepage

2017-06-07, 21:04:01
Reply #18

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
What would be most important features to be able successfully port this asset to CScatter?
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2017-06-08, 09:29:21
Reply #19

zbieraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
We are working on an C4D Version of it but this will take some time because C4D don't have such a advanced scattering tool like forest pack.

*caugh* MultiCloner *caugh*

2017-06-08, 10:08:16
Reply #20

LukaK

• Active Users
    • View Profile
What would be most important features to be able successfully port this asset to CScatter?

Clustering obviously :)

2017-06-08, 11:08:47
Reply #21

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Yes, first is clustering. Curently you could simulate clustering by using multiple CScatter objects on one surface plus density maps. To manage this inside one single Cscatter object we would need to be able to map the frequency parameter. Not possible atm. so it´s hard to setup but works when doing a fixed clustering "manually" with maps.

Second is material variation. Corona Multimap in instance mode does only half of the job because you can only affect what is called "Item" in ForestColor map. The "primitive" mode is useless here. If we would have the highly requested element/polygon mode we could even simulate the "Item <-> Element" slider of the ForestColor map with cascading and mixed Corona MultiMaps :)

Third would be a global tint map which can be achieved by using a world coordinate map.

So if even complicated I would say if we had element/polygon mode for Corona Multimap it could be done quite similar :)

Good Luck
Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2017-06-15, 03:18:30
Reply #22

fLuppster

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2017-06-15, 09:06:22
Reply #23

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
wow! When can i buy the c4d version?

2017-06-15, 11:16:00
Reply #24

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
@fLuppster I'll definitely spend $ to get it, the assets alone are worth it, not to mention the creative scattering solution you'll definitely come up with :) If you don't mind me asking, what scattering solution did you end up using?
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2017-06-15, 11:54:29
Reply #25

fLuppster

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Good to hear. ;) Well, i started creating distribution maps. Then i used noise shaders. At the end i prefer to use vertex painting to create authentic variation for the clusters. This is maybe not the most time efficient workflow, but the results are the best. I will provide all methods in the package. But there is still some work to do, since i'll try to support the most render engines and scatter plugins.

Checklist:

2017-06-15, 17:08:34
Reply #26

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
If anyone manages to get this looking as convincing with Corona scatter...take my money!
Vray who?

2017-06-15, 17:31:09
Reply #27

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Good to hear. ;) Well, i started creating distribution maps. Then i used noise shaders. At the end i prefer to use vertex painting to create authentic variation for the clusters. This is maybe not the most time efficient workflow, but the results are the best. I will provide all methods in the package. But there is still some work to do, since i'll try to support the most render engines and scatter plugins.

Checklist:

Do you have forrester? That's my scatter tool of choice at the moment. seems to have most of the same features of surface spread.

Also how far can you push it in terms of area?

Looking good.

2017-06-16, 08:45:54
Reply #28

fLuppster

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Do you have forrester? That's my scatter tool of choice at the moment. seems to have most of the same features of surface spread.

Also how far can you push it in terms of area?

Looking good.

I had forester once, but i sold it. In my opinion that plugin is not worth the money. :/ In plant creation it was only rudimentarily good (not comparable with Speedtree/GrowFX) and the scattering was not very performant, when it comes to larger areas (CarbonScatter/OctaneScatter is way better in my opinion).

You can use this asset for large areas, as long as your ground plane has the right amount of displacement.

2017-06-19, 21:26:51
Reply #29

fLuppster

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey guys, i just finished the asset. It includes 9 C4D files with 3 different types of scattering (procedural noise maps, vertex painted maps, distribution maps) for 3 different scatter plugins (MoGraph, SurfaceSpread, Octane Scatter). Maybe a CarbonScatter version will be added someday.

https://gumroad.com/l/DAMA011

Feel free to follow us on facebook for more asset-shop updates:
www.facebook.com/darstellungsart

*advertising mode off, sorry*
« Last Edit: 2017-06-20, 09:26:37 by fLuppster »