Author Topic: Juraj's Renderings thread  (Read 492034 times)

2017-02-15, 15:42:39
Reply #510

Fluss

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I am installing Noctuas 40mm there, 5V 3pin should fit. Will let you know how it goes

Did you manage to get something acceptable ? I become crazy with that thing next to me !

Hi Fluss, yeah, I did. I added those fans mentioned above.

It's not total silence...but it's tremendeously better. Alternative is drilling 120/140mm circle above and adding thin fan.

Glad to hear ! I'm gonna pick 2 of those. Thanks for the tip ;)

2017-02-16, 07:28:55
Reply #511

worx

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, could someone explain to me what PBR is ? I keep seeing people talking about it? I have no clue what that is or even how to turn it on, thnx

2017-02-16, 14:42:49
Reply #512

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Physically-based rendering is what it stands for. It is enabled by default in all materials, under the Advanced options section. It should never be disabled :) The checkbox to disable it exists to maintain compatibility with scenes from earlier versions of Corona - on loading an old scene, PBR mode will be disabled, and if necessary, the Legacy mode will be enabled - but when creating a new scene, should just leave those at the defaults of PBR mode on. For an old scene, you can go through and uncheck those to use the latest material system, but it may change the look of a material so may need some adjustments.

The video on how to approach creating materials with PBR mode on is at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NaJEbyjOcw
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2017-03-15, 13:47:24
Reply #513

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Feeling slow lately. Some darker mood wip from current commercial project :- ) Attached in mid-res.

Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2017-03-16, 00:09:19
Reply #514

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
wich one is mid rez??? Lool both are great!
Were is the light comming from in the bath scene?

2017-03-16, 10:15:26
Reply #515

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
wich one is mid rez??? Lool both are great!
Were is the light comming from in the bath scene?

You got me :- ) I overdid it.. will scale it back. The light is of course coming from the window/door thing which ivy, but I under-exposed it as the version with properly exposed outside looked too bleak. The light on the right is boosted.
This space presented a dilemma... it will be not very bright with natural light in real life, but I still need to present it so it appears attractive. If I show too much over-exposure from light source... it will hint the client that this is in fact dark space.

But I will go back to previous compromise here :- ).
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models

2017-03-16, 11:26:35
Reply #516

NicoB

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hej Juraj,

I do like the darker mood.
The ones you usually post are much brighter.

Well it´s often based on clients request,
but I do like the darker mood much more.
Makes it easier to set some focus, I think.

Did you notice the tiling on the upper beams?
(Attached copy).

Also if I may want to ask about the plant model you´re using beside the bed (?).
Most of the plants I find are way to small to be impressive, but these look decent!

All the best, I really like your works!
Nico

2017-03-16, 11:37:13
Reply #517

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Indeed, I poorly copied them :- ) This is wip preview, so I will correct them. (and I got so many corrections :- ( man I sure enjoy real-estate projects lot more).

The plants are from 3dsky ! You sometimes find really nice stuff there. I make new materials for them though.

2017-03-16, 11:49:26
Reply #518

Geezer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Really nice smooth mood :)

1. The sharpness of the thextures is coming from disabling the filtering and lowering the blur?

2. What did you use for the environment light?  the clean fresh feeling of the light is from desaturating the hdri/sky ?

3. Are you using photographic settings or the EV value for your camera?

2017-03-16, 12:01:09
Reply #519

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Really nice smooth mood :)

1. The sharpness of the thextures is coming from disabling the filtering and lowering the blur?

2. What did you use for the environment light?  the clean fresh feeling of the light is from desaturating the hdri/sky ?

3. Are you using photographic settings or the EV value for your camera?

1) I am not disabling it, since it cannot be done for bump for technical reasons, and in other cases sometimes leads to artifacts. Keeping it on pyramidal keeps it on safe side but I do lower it down to 0.01 .

2) Nope :- ) It's pure white color. I actually did it accidentally... I added CoronaSky, but forgot I had ticked 'Use Corona' in render settings, and there was only white color.
    Actually it was really good choice here, because this client is ultra picky about color. They want every color to look exactly like color swatch, but still want moody atmosphere....

3) I am using simple EV. Move it up...or down. I adjust DOF separately, works more flexibly for me.

2017-03-16, 13:37:22
Reply #520

Geezer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the info :)

"They want every color to look exactly like color swatch, but still want moody atmosphere...."

This can be a pain in the ass when you need to use a more colorful light rig like a sunset or dusk setup :)

The simple white color for the environment really surprised me... I guess the context architecture helps controling the direction of the environment light.

2017-03-16, 15:21:23
Reply #521

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website

The simple white color for the environment really surprised me... I guess the context architecture helps controling the direction of the environment light.

I am not using it only in environment though solely. That provided almost too directional light because the architecture outside shapes it. I really liked the effect...but it made it too obvious that these spaces would be rather dark in reality. ( no-go in selling )
So I put simple area light outside of windows too...this creates similar, but softer light, more diffused.

In the end, the mix was like 50:50. 50perc. real light coming from outside, 50perc. "fake" light coming from outside. It's still natural light in true sense, but more like americans use to photograph real-estate, embelishing the truth with flash.

This can be a pain in the ass when you need to use a more colorful light rig like a sunset or dusk setup :)

That was last project.. my desperation was reaching olympic heights.

2017-03-16, 17:55:49
Reply #522

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
2) Nope :- ) It's pure white color. I actually did it accidentally... I added CoronaSky, but forgot I had ticked 'Use Corona' in render settings, and there was only white color.
    Actually it was really good choice here, because this client is ultra picky about color. They want every color to look exactly like color swatch, but still want moody atmosphere....

I know this all too well...
Vray who?

2017-03-18, 22:46:25
Reply #523

mitviz

• Active Users
  • Architectural/Product Modeling and Rendering
    • View Profile
    • MITVIZ
what are the render times looking like?
Mitviz
Professional Modeling and Rendering Solutions
Intel core i7-5960x cpu @3 GHz, GeForce GTX 970

2017-03-19, 01:57:44
Reply #524

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
what are the render times looking like?

Absolutely terrible :- ) The discrepancy between both fast scenes and slow scene of ours is 10x ?  These take hours in high-res, on many dual-xeons.

I am not sure what it is.. but most of it comes from GI. Even in scenes where windows are quite big, if there is enough bouncing possible, times are endless.
I am trying portals in many ways but it never seem to do anything, or anything I can notice.

Also..I am not sure if the adaptivity is working correctly in these cases I need to check sample pass. Smooth surfaces (walls and ceiling) almost never clean-up like they are being ignored. I clean them sometimes manually by region-ing (moving around).

Some of it can be attributed to classic scene complexity build-up over the years. Everything is high-res, has tiny bumps, and everything is fully specular (all mats are PBR). Still,...the interiors take forever...like forever :- ).

I do not mind terribly...for stills it's ok. But I would love to do more animations and it's kinda impossible with these space. Maybe I'll just do animations with Unreal only.