Author Topic: Juraj's Renderings thread  (Read 491939 times)

2015-10-17, 16:05:44
Reply #360

filipskrzat

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I am very interested in "everyday" situation :)

2015-10-19, 19:53:39
Reply #361

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Did another pic over evening and slowly completing parts of the house I didn't have finished (bedroom, smaller kitchen,etc..).

Requested raw render. As you see I installed VFB+ yesterday and it's amazing :- )

« Last Edit: 2015-10-19, 19:57:52 by Juraj_Talcik »
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2015-10-19, 20:54:33
Reply #362

CiroC

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

2015-10-19, 21:32:31
Reply #363

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
No, it's commercial plugin, it has 30 day free trial and then costs only 19 dollars.

http://www.monotoneminimal.com/vfb
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models

2015-10-19, 21:39:11
Reply #364

CiroC

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
No, it's commercial plugin, it has 30 day free trial and then costs only 19 dollars.

http://www.monotoneminimal.com/vfb

Although I like to keep my renders as raw as possible, this is a fantastic tool. And only 19$!!!
Many thanks for the tip.

2015-10-19, 21:54:05
Reply #365

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Wow nice! Would you mind giving us a quick rundown of how to use VFB+ with Corona (how do I set up the Corona tonemapping for it work with filmic)? I might have to pick this up!

Also interested to hear about your 3D lut settings / what curves you're using as having a close to final render in the VFB would be amazing. Is the ICC profile ticked because of your monitor or does it affect the render in another way?

Vray who?

2015-10-19, 22:00:43
Reply #366

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Wow nice! Would you mind giving us a quick rundown of how to use VFB+ with Corona (how do I set up the Corona tonemapping for it work with filmic)? I might have to pick this up!

Hey I just installed this yesterday :- ) But anyway, the filmic obviously works best from linear. (Highlight compression 1.0 in Corona settings). It's bit less aggressive than Reinhard, keeps better contrast and colors, even without using the "rich shadows" parameter.
This is btw a simplified version of real filmic, which has much more controls, but maybe this is genial idea, because full filmic with 5 controls (white level, shoulder, toe,etc..) which for example is in Unreal Engine 4, is painful to use.

Also interested to hear about your 3D lut settings / what curves you're using as having a close to final render in the VFB would be amazing. Is the ICC profile ticked because of your monitor or does it affect the render in another way?

But I am not ! :- ) It's not ticked on, the tab is closed because I don't use ICC profiles. I have Dell3014 and I keep it hardware calibrated (not inside GPU) in OSD profile. So even if 3dsMax doesn't have calibrated environment it looks correct, and consistent within the rest of my environment (photoshop, desktop, browser), which is set to sRGB ( I use intentionally clamped color spectrum even on wide-gamut monitor because this is what everyone has mostly and it makes my life easier).

The whole tab is unused. It just looks similar because I used very minor post-production in Photoshop, mostly local exposure adjustments manually masked.

2015-10-19, 22:09:20
Reply #367

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Hey I just installed this yesterday :- ) But anyway, the filmic obviously works best from linear. (Highlight compression 1.0 in Corona settings). It's bit less aggressive than Reinhard, keeps better contrast and colors, even without using the "rich shadows" parameter.
This is btw a simplified version of real filmic, which has much more controls, but maybe this is genial idea, because full filmic with 5 controls (white level, shoulder, toe,etc..) which for example is in Unreal Engine 4, is painful to use.

But I am not ! :- ) It's not ticked on, the tab is closed because I don't use ICC profiles. I have Dell3014 and I keep it hardware calibrated (not inside GPU) in OSD profile. So even if 3dsMax doesn't have calibrated environment it looks correct, and consistent within the rest of my environment (photoshop, desktop, browser), which is set to sRGB ( I use intentionally clamped color spectrum even on wide-gamut monitor because this is what everyone has mostly and it makes my life easier).

The whole tab is unused. It just looks similar because I used very minor post-production in Photoshop, mostly local exposure adjustments manually masked.

Thanks for the detailed reply, it's good to know that I don't need to mess with a million settings to use it correctly. Definitely going to check this out as I've always wanted to try out filmic tone-mapping!

Cheers
Vray who?

2015-10-20, 13:09:58
Reply #368

Nekrobul

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Preety nice time saving plugin for 19 bucks.

But there are 2 painful things about it.

1 - you can not play with the controls while rendering (because it does not support cVFB)

2 - You have to swich back everytime gama to 1 before saving if you want to have your output in liniar collorspace.

UPD - Changed my mind after i rendered 4k image in 30 mins (around 35 pases) and using this plugin it was looking perfectly clear (shame i can not share it due to comercial agreement with klient)
« Last Edit: 2015-10-20, 19:43:48 by Nekrobul »
---------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.blackbellstudio.com/
https://www.behance.net/blackbell3d
CEO at "Blackbell Studio"

2015-10-21, 10:29:52
Reply #369

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I wish we had that plugin for C4D. I like the idea of getting everything as close as possible in frame buffer and reducing PS time as that makes making inevitable revisions much less painful. However it can sometimes be quicker making a few tweaks in PS rather than battling and testing in the render engine. Both have pro's and cons. I've never had access to IPR before though so I imagine that really helps.

Juraj, I have a high gamut Dell monitor and its caused me no end of problems with vray for c4d and generally system wide things are over saturated, but PS is fine. I have calibrated many time with my i1 profiler and eventually admitted defeat and bought an sRGB monitor as my primary one. However I have just thought, have you just selected the sRGB mode on your monitor rather than custom (initiated when using a profiler)? I hadn't thought about this but perhaps that will manually clamp the monitors profile to sRGB so when I use my profiler it will ignore the problematic high gamut. Sorry for the OT. Your images have really helped to sell Corona, im definitely keen to switch from Vray full time once the C4D version is more mature.

2015-10-22, 13:24:24
Reply #370

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Yeah I keep the whole pipeline dumbed down to sRGB, with no regret, the sRGB mode in OSD was so perfectly calibrated from factory (and checking it one year later with x-rite spectrometer still is...so much for "calibrate every month herp derp..." ).
I didn't buy high-end monitor because I cared for wide gamut, I just wanted big, high quality monitor at that time. The rest is with 'make my life easier' opposed to autistic perfectionism.

2015-10-22, 14:44:25
Reply #371

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks, yeah I wont be spending more buying wide gamut again. My clients are going to be sRGB for the foreseeable anyway and if I can get close to a photograph that I see on my screen I'll be happy with that! I'm going to try switching that problem screen to sRGB and re-cal when i get a minute. My current main monitor is the 32inch BenQ 100%sRGB one, definitely recommend it for the price and size.

2015-10-25, 11:12:41
Reply #372

Rotem

• Active Users
    • View Profile
1 - you can not play with the controls while rendering (because it does not support cVFB)

2 - You have to swich back everytime gama to 1 before saving if you want to have your output in liniar collorspace.

1 - You can play with the controls while rendering if you are not using cVFB.
2 - You can disable gamma on output files from the VFB+ preferences.

2015-10-25, 11:19:52
Reply #373

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Hi Rotem, are you the creator of the plugin ?

2015-10-25, 11:26:41
Reply #374

Rotem

• Active Users
    • View Profile