Author Topic: Juraj's Renderings thread  (Read 492559 times)

2014-01-05, 23:51:22
Reply #210

michaltimko

• Active Users
  • Coronaut (c)
    • View Profile
Looks a bit blown-out, other than that, light distribution is nice :)
And BTW Juraj, I urge You to be a man of Your word and share those long promised tutorials everyone are quietly waiting for :) !
I have a feeling that since You are less present here, the forum got somehow quiet ;) don't abandon us dude :D!

Xmas bro.
Coronaut!(c)2011

Supporting Corona in commercial projects since pre-alpha

2014-01-05, 23:56:04
Reply #211

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Looks a bit blown-out, other than that, light distribution is nice :)
And BTW Juraj, I urge You to be a man of Your word and share those long promised tutorials everyone are quietly waiting for :) !
I have a feeling that since You are less present here, the forum got somehow quiet ;) don't abandon us dude :D!

Xmas bro.

I wish I had Christmass :- ) Work work work. Stress. I am happy when I can snatch a Steam game of Age of Empires 2 with friends. Not even beer time.

But I am not abandoning anything, everything that isn't priority (family and well-payed projects) just...fades around. But I always hold up to word. So, don't give up on me too :- )
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2014-01-06, 04:54:35
Reply #212

londonvisuals

• Active Users
    • View Profile
yea, I perfectly understand, dont take the above too serious ;) hope you'll be able to take a break soon Juraj.
Super long periods of work without a proper vacations have a strong drawback, leading to 0 motivation for work.
Well for me at least, hope you won't face this scenario :)

2014-08-14, 14:37:11
Reply #213

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Hi Guys,

in bit of help. Maybe I am just slow these days, but here it goes:

Small project, early preview, don't pay attention much, but check the 'glass' on terrace. Do you see the shadow it is projecting ? Isn't it bit dense ?

The thing is, the glass on terrace, is the very same glass as in interior (absolutely basic 1/1 reflex/refract glass in Corona, just those two ticks, nothing else, no thin or caustics), but in interior it looks fine/correct.
Render settings are default, completely default except for resolution. A7.1, public version. Sun/Sky, the background is in PS, there was nothing special, it's suuper basic.

Is something going on ? Or no.... ?
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models

2014-08-14, 14:52:44
Reply #214

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
If all is set up correctly I'd strip down the scene, upload it and log it as a bug =/  Looks like one to me.

You could, just as a test, increase MSI a lot (or set it to 0) to make sure it's not a clamping issue - which can happen in specific cases.
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2014-08-14, 14:57:38
Reply #215

nauticus25

• Active Users
    • View Profile
To help isolate the problem, what do the terrace glass shadows look like if you render it with the interior glass hidden?
i9-12900K @ 3.2GHz, 64GB RAM, 3090ti
Max 2024, Corona 10

2014-08-14, 15:08:57
Reply #216

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
What caught my eye immediately, is shadow's shape, there's no way that sunlight could cast such shadows. Is there any other light sources in your scene?

p.s. i think reflectivity of your glass mat, is way over the top.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2014-08-14, 15:14:21
Reply #217

michaltimko

• Active Users
  • Coronaut (c)
    • View Profile
Something looks familiar here...background is random pano from google images, right ? I think i used same pano back in 2010-2011 for one quick project :D

Coronaut!(c)2011

2014-08-14, 15:19:43
Reply #218

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
YES :- D Btw was googled by Veronika but I liked it. But don't worry, this is very early preview, I will find something more sufficient in some stock photo hopefully, I don't even really feel save this would hold as 'fair use' (don't even know which one yet...any suggestion?).
It needed to be tropical and city :- )

Nice image ! (but that sofa...but of well)

2014-08-14, 15:23:10
Reply #219

michaltimko

• Active Users
  • Coronaut (c)
    • View Profile
I dont like the image.. and sofa, well...it was for Turkish client.

Regarding that background. As far as i remember, it was PITA to integrate it properly due to distortion and weird colors. And back in 2010, i was using Indigo so there were some problems even with alpha maps lol...old good times damn.
Coronaut!(c)2011

2014-08-14, 15:28:30
Reply #220

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
To help isolate the problem, what do the terrace glass shadows look like if you render it with the interior glass hidden?

Yep, should have done that. But doing other scene now, so will get back and do some guess-work.

What caught my eye immediately, is shadow's shape, there's no way that sunlight could cast such shadows. Is there any other light sources in your scene?

p.s. i think reflectivity of your glass mat, is way over the top.

It does look strange completely, but really, there is just single Sun. (there is second but it's OFF, checked, but maybe it still affects Sky somehow, it's wrong to keep two of them?)
The reflectivity, it's regular glass with proper IOR, so the reflections are because I rendered against black override for comping and kept the background more visible that should, it's for preview, I will keep it much brighter and hidden, which
will lower the reflectivity back.
But yes, you're correct in that it doesn't look good and right :- ) I just wanted to only investigate the trouble, image doesn't look good yet.

{{Romullus: should I render against Black only in directly visible and refraction ? Or all 3 ? Maybe the reflectivity override to black is causing what seems like too much reflective glass; off-topic}}
Lot of thanks for feedback guys. I'll get back

2014-08-14, 15:42:16
Reply #221

michaltimko

• Active Users
  • Coronaut (c)
    • View Profile
Are you sure that you disabled absorbtion ? Or any SSS related settings ?
Coronaut!(c)2011

2014-08-14, 15:58:06
Reply #222

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Does the glass have caustics turned on or off?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-08-14, 16:01:53
Reply #223

michaltimko

• Active Users
  • Coronaut (c)
    • View Profile
He wrote that no thin/no caustics...
Coronaut!(c)2011

2014-08-14, 16:06:28
Reply #224

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
It's off. Default CoronaMat with full reflect and refract. The same instance of material is on interior glass and that one seems to behave naturally.

It also has multi-texture outside and rendered using distributed. I will try without one or either (and then upgrade to 2.0 mt).but first try the suggestion without interior, to see if it's there even without multiple refraction going on.