Author Topic: Juraj's Renderings thread  (Read 486976 times)

2013-10-02, 20:10:01
Reply #75

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Is there an option in Corona for low priority ? Or is it by default ? Will the pause button someday be integrated ?

It is on by default (option is in debug tab), but it still sucks due to 3dsmax fault. Setting entire 3dsmax process to low priority helps sometimes. Pause button will not be integrated (at least not the 3dsmax pause button), because the API support for pausing is UTTERLY RETARDED and counts on any renderer being singlethreaded. You can cancel the render and then resume it later with the corona feature though.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-10-02, 20:19:14
Reply #76

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Wow that last render is INSANE! Would you mind answering a few quick questions?

1. What colour temperature are the interior lights? You've really nailed the colour balance of the scene.
2. Did you still desaturate the HDR image for this shot?
3. Mind sharing your water material? I've been completely hopeless so far with water in Corona.
Vray who?

2013-10-02, 23:40:19
Reply #77

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Is there an option in Corona for low priority ? Or is it by default ? Will the pause button someday be integrated ?
You can cancel the render and then resume it later with the corona feature though.

Really :- ) ? Is this feature already there ? It's really nothing important, but it's handy occasional :- )

Wow that last render is INSANE! Would you mind answering a few quick questions?

1. What colour temperature are the interior lights? You've really nailed the colour balance of the scene.
2. Did you still desaturate the HDR image for this shot?
3. Mind sharing your water material? I've been completely hopeless so far with water in Corona.

Hi Agent,

1: The interior lights are 4500K :- ) The white balance is set at neutral 6500K. It is almost always there, unless very specific need.
2: For exterior, no I didn't, I wanted the very slight blue cast it had. I might if I wanted to go for overcast scenario, but this one I called "fake dusk" as it is, just underexposed :- ).
3: The water material...isn't even material. It's ridicously basic, just had no time to even give it properly painted bump map.

It's IOR 1.333, super weak bump/noise set on Fractal, FULL refractivness and reflectivness (RGB 255/255/255), solid refractive mode. I think it is just plane, not cube, but I think it wouldn't play any role in this angle anyway. Not sure from head

I live near Milan, but Friday and Saturday I have to be in Switzerland with clients... Sunday I take a rest a day.

Few months ago I planned to take stop at Milan too, and even spend 2-3 days at Lago di Garda mountain biking :- ) We loved Italy so much last year that we planned this as full vacation originally. But now we leave to US and had too much work, so we literally rush for those 2 days and leave on Sunday morning.. :- (
« Last Edit: 2013-10-02, 23:46:59 by Juraj_Talcik »
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2013-10-03, 00:36:13
Reply #78

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
You can cancel the render and then resume it later with the corona feature though.

Really :- ) ? Is this feature already there ? It's really nothing important, but it's handy occasional :- )

yes, in daily builds, buttons in main render settings
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-10-03, 00:51:33
Reply #79

michaltimko

• Active Users
  • Coronaut (c)
    • View Profile
Or enter task manager and set afinity on 3ds max process. Im shutting off 1-2 (threads) when playing bf3/bf4 ;)
Coronaut!(c)2011

Supporting Corona in commercial projects since pre-alpha

2013-10-03, 01:05:59
Reply #80

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Or enter task manager and set afinity on 3ds max process. Im shutting off 1-2 (threads) when playing bf3/bf4 ;)

Lol nice. I thought setting lower priority could affect Max's stability, but since you guys run it this way, that's good to know :- ) Not like I need the performance for BF anyway, WoW is very old.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models

2013-10-03, 01:10:49
Reply #81

michaltimko

• Active Users
  • Coronaut (c)
    • View Profile
1 thread off was ok with WOW for me.
Coronaut!(c)2011

2013-10-03, 01:22:00
Reply #82

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
process scheduling was written by microsoft, not autodesk, so it is stable ;)

2013-10-03, 13:17:25
Reply #83

michaltimko

• Active Users
  • Coronaut (c)
    • View Profile
Its "headtodesk" not autodeks . I have never seen so buggy software like 3ds Max is.
« Last Edit: 2013-10-03, 14:07:13 by michaltimko »
Coronaut!(c)2011

2013-10-03, 13:56:40
Reply #84

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
I have never seen so buggy software like 3ds Max is.

Try "composite", you will be surprised :)
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2013-10-03, 17:15:14
Reply #85

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Agent,

1: The interior lights are 4500K :- ) The white balance is set at neutral 6500K. It is almost always there, unless very specific need.
2: For exterior, no I didn't, I wanted the very slight blue cast it had. I might if I wanted to go for overcast scenario, but this one I called "fake dusk" as it is, just underexposed :- ).
3: The water material...isn't even material. It's ridicously basic, just had no time to even give it properly painted bump map.

It's IOR 1.333, super weak bump/noise set on Fractal, FULL refractivness and reflectivness (RGB 255/255/255), solid refractive mode. I think it is just plane, not cube, but I think it wouldn't play any role in this angle anyway. Not sure from head

Cheers for the reply man - I might have to start adopting your approach of leaving the white balance at 6500k and adjusting the other light sources instead given the quality of your work!
Vray who?

2013-10-14, 04:11:42
Reply #86

jrcenator

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Juraj,

for the additional light (light bulb), did you use corona light or emission in material?

2013-10-16, 04:49:06
Reply #87

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Hi Juraj,

for the additional light (light bulb), did you use corona light or emission in material?

I am pretty sure it was emission because of time reasons, but I regretted it I think. I think it would be good option to have GI check on!off next to emission slot so it's just visual like in Vray. But I am not sure if this is already too fake/problematic to implement.

2013-10-16, 09:36:24
Reply #88

jrcenator

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Juraj,

I am pretty sure it was emission because of time reasons, but I regretted it I think. I think it would be good option to have GI check on!off next to emission slot so it's just visual like in Vray. But I am not sure if this is already too fake/problematic to implement.

Thank you for the response.
Yes, I also sometimes think which is better, using emission or straight corona light object :)

2013-10-16, 10:20:56
Reply #89

vkiuru

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Juraj,

Chances are I'm not fully understanding what you're after but regarding a visual bright look without GI couldn't you use Corona Constant MTL? it has both a texture slot and a multiplier.