Author Topic: Juraj's Renderings thread  (Read 486918 times)

2017-03-19, 02:01:54
Reply #525

mitviz

• Active Users
  • Architectural/Product Modeling and Rendering
    • View Profile
    • MITVIZ
hmmm interesting, then am wonder how others here are doing their animations, i see some really nice ones too, have to be on some crazy farms, thanks for sharing this information about your scene
Mitviz
Professional Modeling and Rendering Solutions
Intel core i7-5960x cpu @3 GHz, GeForce GTX 970

2017-03-19, 02:17:04
Reply #526

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
There could be some big mistakes I do...but not sure what.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2017-03-24, 21:41:03
Reply #527

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello

Yesterday you wrote in Stubborn fireflies when using HDRI in Reflections Override topic, that you "might have scene with issue" like the one described there.

I found some simple solution for this problem which working well enough in my case. Maybe you'll find it useful for your projects also.

More information here
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,13104.15.html

2017-03-24, 22:07:50
Reply #528

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Clamping it down to jpeg would be bit overkill, reflection still use up to +/- 6 stops on dynamic range in clouds, but mine even more since it was HDRi of nightlife city. But thanks for idea :- )

In the end... that scene was probably noisy from everything else too :- D I am fascinated by the render times I have.

I wonder if now, when PBR is default shading, some optimalization could eventually be done that acknowledges that materials are always specular. Maybe wrong idea, my train of thought stems from some Ondra's early sayings sampling takes into consideration specular intensity hence why low gloss white paint wasn't cleaned up so fast.

I've recently started adding fine-bump to almost every material, and on flat bright walls, it looks like it confuses the adaptivity which isn't sampling them and I have to manually region it out. Will do some tests with sampling focus, never used that pass.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models

2017-03-24, 23:21:05
Reply #529

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
I've recently started adding fine-bump to almost every material, and on flat bright walls, it looks like it confuses the adaptivity which isn't sampling them and I have to manually region it out. Will do some tests with sampling focus, never used that pass.

Funny, that is actually how I think I get 10+ hour renders in V-Ray as well. I haven't tested it so I might be speaking from my arse but adding subtle bump + low reflection intensity to bright white walls (rgb 180) makes everything slooooooooooow.

Hm... Maybe I should do some testing but hey, maybe we are onto something here :)
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2017-03-26, 12:22:40
Reply #530

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
I am still waiting for those complete real-world scenes I was promised, so we can hand-optimize corona for them in 1.7... just sayin... :D https://corona-renderer.com/upload/
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-03-26, 12:43:44
Reply #531

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I am still waiting for those complete real-world scenes I was promised, so we can hand-optimize corona for them in 1.7... just sayin... :D https://corona-renderer.com/upload/

I am pretty sure I sent one rather big in less than two weeks : O or two.. well, can reupload.

2017-03-26, 14:39:08
Reply #532

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Is it BathroomJuraj_3.zip? ;) If not, then I lost it ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-05-23, 16:04:30
Reply #533

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I've uploaded one of 4 projects Veronika and I completed since this year, a smaller but fun one :- ).

Not sure I would make a thread of it here...or how I would format that, but Behance makes that very neatly with all those formations it does.

https://www.behance.net/gallery/52702479/NIVY-Restaurant  I'll post some interesting tidbits from it here :- )

2017-05-23, 20:14:52
Reply #534

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
"a small project" what does a big project look like? 4 in 2017 and this is the "smaller one".... Should i quit trying now? LOL gr8 workz as always...
If i can has a small request... A small inside on photography and post-process of those backgrounds and hdri's... So nice.. :)

Ps: is there some architecture from your previous work in the background photo???

« Last Edit: 2017-05-23, 20:20:30 by lacilaci »

2017-05-23, 20:29:43
Reply #535

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
"a small project" what does a big project look like? 4 in 2017 and this is he "smaller one".... Should i quit trying now? LOL gr8 workz as always...
If i can has a small request... A small inside on photography and post-process of those backgrounds and hdri's... So nice.. :)

Well small, just 4 images, non-problematic client (this is big one :- D !). Next one I will post is 16 images :- ). But otherwise we are drained..

Sure can post, anything particular ? I think it was very basic, just quick .raw development to boost shadows (create the whole 'blue-hour' feel) and compress/saturate some highlights and some gradients to make the Sky much darker (or more blue), there is at least 3-EV less.
The HDRi were 25k (shot with d800 a diagonal fish-eye 15mm, bit blurry because it was super-windy on top ! No post-production on those of course. Made for nice mood and some decent reflections but were still replaced by back plates since 36MP matches nicely with 8k renders.

Ps: is there some architecture from your previous work in the background photo???

Yes, that is the actual view. These towers are nearby, the so called "New Bratislava downtown", Zaha by Penta Investments and NIVY by HB Reavis Real-Estate. It's crude render placed between the backplate and the interior.

« Last Edit: 2017-05-23, 20:55:14 by Juraj_Talcik »

2017-05-23, 20:53:39
Reply #536

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
"a small project" what does a big project look like? 4 in 2017 and this is he "smaller one".... Should i quit trying now? LOL gr8 workz as always...

Well small, just 4 images, non-problematic client (this is big one :- D !). Next one I will post is 16 images :- ). But otherwise we are drained..

Sure can post, anything particular ? I think it was very basic, just quick .raw development to boost shadows (create the whole 'blue-hour' feel) and compress/saturate some highlights and some gradients to make the Sky much darker (or more blue), there is at least 3-EV less.
The HDRi were 25k (shot with d800 a diagonal fish-eye 15mm, bit blurry because it was super-windy on top ! No post-production on those of course. Made for nice mood and some decent reflections but were still replaced by back plates since 36MP matches nicely with 8k renders.

Yes, that is the actual view. These towers are nearby, the so called "New Bratislava downtown", Zaha by Penta Investments and NIVY by HB Reavis Real-Estate. It's crude render placed between the backplate and the interior.

Lets say a "hdri-cgi enviro and backplate for dummies" tutorial... A blogpost or a small post here. Its not like there aren't any good tutorials, but a good 'case, scenario' would be nice... I mean, if other people are interrested...

For example. I do some photography and some rendering, but usualy as separate as it gets (except some photogrammetry and material scanning) and your lighting and backplates looks so good that i think it could make a great photography on its own (colours and conposition) and it does play a significant role in the result aswell...

2017-05-23, 20:57:58
Reply #537

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Ok no problem, hope you won't be disappointed, it's very basic I think. I'll make small write-up.

2017-05-23, 21:21:02
Reply #538

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ok no problem, hope you won't be disappointed, it's very basic I think. I'll make small write-up.

Thank you very much... Any insight, simple or not, might be useful... :) (BTW have you thought about some "gumroad" or similar, tips and tricks tutorial?? /visualizations/photography/composition... )

2017-05-23, 21:25:50
Reply #539

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website

Thank you very much... Any insight, simple or not, might be useful... :) (BTW have you thought about some "gumroad" or similar, tips and tricks tutorial?? /visualizations/photography/composition... )

I made a promise not to talk about this because I never deliver :- ) It will have to be once it's ready. I always start writing these but fail to finish. Lack of discipline or over-ambitious start.