Author Topic: How to transfer 3ds max material library across devices  (Read 252 times)

2023-05-23, 12:31:12

chaosuser

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, i have been trying to create a material library for corona as a .mat file, however when I send the .mat file to another computer which is not connected through a network, i don't get the materials on other device. How can I create a material library and share it across devices so everyone can access the materials regardless of where the material is located?

2023-05-23, 13:26:46
Reply #1

James Vella

• Active Users
    • View Profile
While the material settings should stay in tact, any textures need to be linked to the location.

There is only 1 workaround but its messy for a 'workflow'. That is wherever the textures are, if the max file is in the same directory it will find those textures. Here is an example:

.mat
.png (texture)
.max

They are all in the same folder, so if you have 'stripped' texture paths then it will look directly in the same folder as the max file if the texture is there it will load, otherwise it needs to know the location in the Asset Tracking window.

tex" border="0

at" border="0

FYI It can also look down tree for textures, if thats any useful information for you. that means you can have subdirectories below the 3dsmax file and it will look there too, example:

t2" border="0
« Last Edit: 2023-05-23, 13:37:59 by James Vella »

2023-05-24, 20:52:04
Reply #2

chaosuser

• Active Users
    • View Profile
okkay got it, thanks for the help