Author Topic: Chaos Licensing Feedback/Help  (Read 42298 times)

2022-10-25, 22:16:06
Reply #120

LorenzoS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hi,
someone know how add 1 node to license server?
I try to use a new computer node added to local lan, but not work,
I can see from workstation the node address but i receive this message after 1 minute:
---------
Slave '192.168.1.41' reported error:
Corona license not found.
The image may come out wrong (e.g. darker or missing objects) because of this.
------------------

thanks

2022-10-26, 08:57:10
Reply #121

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
hi,
someone know how add 1 node to license server?
I try to use a new computer node added to local lan, but not work,
I can see from workstation the node address but i receive this message after 1 minute:
---------
Slave '192.168.1.41' reported error:
Corona license not found.
The image may come out wrong (e.g. darker or missing objects) because of this.
------------------

thanks

Please contact our support at https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2022-11-04, 08:55:55
Reply #122

rozpustelnik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
How it is possible that there was an automatic change of my licence type from standard (licence dated from 2016 and unchanged since) to Corona Premium (next billing amount 73.68 euros)? I don't get it.

2022-11-04, 09:03:45
Reply #123

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
How it is possible that there was an automatic change of my licence type from standard (licence dated from 2016 and unchanged since) to Corona Premium (next billing amount 73.68 euros)? I don't get it.

Hi, you should have received an automated email from Chaos explaining everything. If anything is unclear to you and you need some explanation or help, please contact our support at https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

2022-11-04, 09:07:15
Reply #124

rozpustelnik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
What about Corona's declaration that no changes will be done to existing licences unless the user wants to? From Corona's blog:
All existing subscriptions (monthly and yearly) continue without any changes
If you have an active Corona subscription (or start one before the release of Corona 8) then we will not unilaterally change it — so nothing will change for you, unless you explicitly ask us to make a change. Your subscription will continue with the same conditions for as long as you keep it active, and will even include the new additions such as Chaos Scatter, Chaos Cosmos, etc.
« Last Edit: 2022-11-04, 10:33:52 by rozpustelnik »

2022-11-04, 11:58:15
Reply #125

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
That described what was happening at the time of the Corona 8 release of course, when there were changes happening too. Your subscription did continue with no changes then, just as it said in that blog.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2022-11-04, 12:24:28
Reply #126

rozpustelnik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes. It did continue without changes, until now. Suddenly Chaos informs me the licence type has changed and I'm on a Premium one now. All this happening without any action from my side.

2022-11-04, 12:57:31
Reply #127

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Correct, as with the release of Corona 9 the licensing of Corona has changed - the old licensing no longer exists, so everyone is moved onto one of the new licensing structures (Premium to start with, for the remainder of their subscription until the next renewal, when they can choose to stay on Premium or move to Solo, and choose whether to swap from Monthly to Annual).

EDIT - because you have to be on one of the new licensing forms, else you would no longer have Corona.

2022-11-04, 19:02:37
Reply #128

LorenzoS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I am Corona user from 2017, 1 workstation + 3 node 30,xx euros per months vat included, untill now.

Next billing date
November 30, 2022
Next billing amount
EUR 73.08 ·VAT included

An increase greater than 100%.

Not acceptable from my point of view.

2022-11-04, 19:30:58
Reply #129

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Annual will offer you better pricing, not that different from your current rate, and you can make the switch without losing the free render nodes (simply contact us at https://support.chaos.com/requests/new and we can make that change to annual for you).

2023-01-02, 13:23:26
Reply #130

ziggismalls

• Users
    • View Profile
hi everyone,

is anyone at chaos working today? :) i switched my billing to annual this morning an since my license is not available anymore.
I already created a ticket some hours ago. I cant work, its super annoying.
Appreciate all the help I can get.

ticket number is: 74284

cheers

2023-01-02, 13:31:02
Reply #131

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
hi everyone,

is anyone at chaos working today? :) i switched my billing to annual this morning an since my license is not available anymore.
I already created a ticket some hours ago. I cant work, its super annoying.
Appreciate all the help I can get.

ticket number is: 74284

cheers

I have just sent a private message to you here on the forum.

2023-05-15, 17:40:01
Reply #132

lukaboskovic

• Active Users
    • View Profile
If i am using only one pc with one render slave, will it work with solo license or i need to take a premium?
I also was suprised that they moved me from 25eur month to 74month. I didnt realised that for 5 months....
Today is the first day that i saw it.

Thanks in advance.
Luka

2023-05-15, 18:10:28
Reply #133

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
If i am using only one pc with one render slave, will it work with solo license or i need to take a premium?
I also was suprised that they moved me from 25eur month to 74month. I didnt realised that for 5 months....
Today is the first day that i saw it.

Thanks in advance.
Luka

Hi, if you have some licensing or pricing-related questions, please contact us at https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new and the dedicated team will provide you with answers.

In short: a single Corona Solo package (1 interface license + 1 render node license) can be used on one computer. See: What's included in the Corona Solo plan?

2023-06-05, 20:20:24
Reply #134

danio1011

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm having a billing issue I haven't been able to get resolved through support.  I got a notification on 5/15 that I had an outstanding balance, which is weird because I'm on autopay and it ran fine on 4/15 and I've made sure that I'm up to date after the Verifone\Enscape switch.  Card is still fine, etc.

I went in to find the invoice but I don't have any listed.  And in fact there's no way I can find to pay any outstanding balance that might exist.  I contacted support on May 22nd, and got back a generic response.  I followed up on June 1 after not hearing anything, and got back (word for word) the exact same 'Dear user' response.  Clearly just cut and paste.

Long story short, I don't want my license to expire, yet there seems no way to make sure that Invoice is paid (and how to pay it, if it isn't.)  And the support ticket seems to be in limbo.  So I figured I'd come here in hopes of reaching a live person before my subscription expires on June 14...

Thanks!
Daniel

Ticket #119072