Author Topic: Node Editor feedback (2018-08-03 version)  (Read 19384 times)

2018-08-08, 13:49:08
Reply #15

prayasan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Been testing the latest release and like it so far.

ONE thing though.

When using a layer material inside the node editor and deleting one of the materials there using the right click the material gets deleted from the material manager too.
UNDO does not return the material. Simply does not work. Am i doing something wrong here or is this a bug?

Cheers
Rob

2018-08-09, 09:05:24
Reply #16

prayasan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Well then it needs some form of a remove command in there. I wouldn't call this behavior totally normal.

2018-08-10, 10:20:35
Reply #17

prayasan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@prayasan : Try to right click in node editor, on your shader, and see if "remove from view" is what you are looking for, instead of "delete".

That's working. Thanks for the hint.

2018-08-16, 10:17:55
Reply #18

bumikk

• Active Users
    • View Profile
My feedback about Node editor (as for now):
  • Delete key should delete selected nodes
  • Please add shortcuts for moving and resizing viewport: key "1" + mouse drag for move and key "2" + mouse drag for zoom

2018-08-16, 11:20:49
Reply #19

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
  • Please add shortcuts for moving and resizing viewport: key "1" + mouse drag for move and key "2" + mouse drag for zoom
Agreed +1
Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2018-08-16, 17:37:42
Reply #20

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
True, but for those tablet users like myself it would be handy ;)
Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2018-08-16, 20:59:25
Reply #21

bumikk

• Active Users
    • View Profile
True, but for those tablet users like myself it would be handy ;)

Interesting, I've always use mouse and keyboard, didn't thought about that !

Yes. In addition, these are the C4D default keyboard shortcuts. Just to clarify [1 + Left Click and drag] moves node viewport content side to side and [2 + Left click and drag] zooms node viewport content in and out ...like you would do in cinema perspective view and after all these years with Cinema 4D, I think each of us has these shortcuts in muscle memory already I guess. Indeed very helpful for users working on tablets.

2018-10-05, 16:01:01
Reply #22

mrittman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.mattrittman.com
+1 for optimizing workflow performance/disabling material preview as much as possible.

I've got a Corona layered material and it takes a long time to render each material preview, and sometimes crashes C4D. I can attach a scene file if needed, but I have to assume you guys are aware of this already.

2019-05-29, 11:01:15
Reply #23

tuami

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Agreed +1

1+++++ yes, please add 1 + 2 keyboard support for node editor (Like the navigation in the standard c4d Node Editor)
And please add assets menu width filter function on the left side! That would speed up the workflow!