Author Topic: Grid Material Override Render Element  (Read 4879 times)

2017-01-18, 11:01:12

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
This came up this morning... wondering if possible:

A render element that would do a material override on all (or chosen via a list) objects in the scene and apply a simple grid over them, tron style, with a customisable scale (such as 1m, 0.5m, 10m etc.). Just a simple b/w mat.

This would be a cool little tool to help with perspective alignments in post, such as placing people over a large surface area etc.
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2017-01-18, 11:02:24
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
do you need the grid to be shaded? Or can you post example what the output should be? I feel like this can already be achieved with texmap render element
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-01-18, 11:04:42
Reply #2

alexyork

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
do you need the grid to be shaded? Or can you post example what the output should be? I feel like this can already be achieved with texmap render element

Hey Ondra. Actually.. it sounds like texmap would already do the job then, I guess. Maybe what would be good, then, would be to have a special mode within that element that takes into account scene shading, as you say. So you have both options.
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2017-01-18, 16:18:50
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile

Hey Ondra. Actually.. it sounds like texmap would already do the job then, I guess. Maybe what would be good, then, would be to have a special mode within that element that takes into account scene shading, as you say. So you have both options.

You could use material override with a material using CoronaWire texmap. The only drawback is that it is not a render element.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-01-18, 17:09:35
Reply #4

alexyork

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES

You could use material override with a material using CoronaWire texmap. The only drawback is that it is not a render element.

Thanks chaps. Couple of good options there.
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2017-01-19, 12:05:37
Reply #5

lixai

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Actualy a material override render element will be great, i do a lot of material variations, and to be able to render them in one or a few renders will be nice.

2017-01-24, 13:37:15
Reply #6

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Actualy a material override render element will be great, i do a lot of material variations, and to be able to render them in one or a few renders will be nice.

Hmm, but that would require shading, reflections, GI calculations for the completely different material too, right? So I guess it would be like rendering a 2nd image at the same time.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-01-24, 13:44:52
Reply #7

Charlie Nicols

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I was wanting the same thing so I could render a Chalk image as well as one with textures however I came to the same conclusion,

This would be like rendering a second image at the same time... but if these materials had no reflection ect they shouldn't cause that much of a slow down in render speed?

2017-06-09, 19:55:11
Reply #8

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
the original request is solved, closing this down
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)