Author Topic: Corona + Forest Pack Pro, a love or hate affair?...  (Read 3172 times)

2021-06-21, 11:36:21

3dboomerang

• Active Users
  • Head of 3D
    • View Profile
    • 3DFLOW
I found this on a forum of Forest Pack Pro:
https://forum.itoosoft.com/forest-pro-(*)/fpp-corona-animated-proxies-and-scene-parsingprep-time/

Any clues as to wether this has been improved? We could benefit from this... We do Arch Viz and the vegitation of Forest Pack Pro is starting to become a bottleneck. Is the Corona dev. team rather leaning towards the C-scatter for usage, or can we keep investing our time in FPP. This plugin has become more annoying to work with, in conjunction with the Corona renderer.

Is there any at all improvements in sight.. If so... From who, where...

Should we request the Corona dev.-team, the Forest Pack Pro dev.-team, the Adesk dev.-team...

2021-06-21, 12:49:55
Reply #1

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Should we request the Corona dev.-team, the Forest Pack Pro dev.-team, the Adesk dev.-team...

I've been kicked around in this triangle for the last 6 years - with moderate success :)

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2021-06-22, 11:34:12
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
There seems to be a similar thread here: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=33559.0

And same as in that one, we would need some basic info:

1) Are you able to send us this problematic scene, or a simplified version of it where the issue can be reproduced? Here is the uploader with up to 10GB hosting: https://corona-renderer.com/upload
2) Are you using proxies and are they Corona Proxy objects?
3) Which exact version of Corona, 3ds Max, and Forest are you using?

Thank you in advance!

Regarding the communication with iToo team - we will be happy to take care of that and will include users only if it's absolutely necessary. But first we need to be able to reproduce the issue.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2021-06-25, 09:03:55
Reply #3

3dboomerang

• Active Users
  • Head of 3D
    • View Profile
    • 3DFLOW
I checked the thread you linked there. Just... I don't understand why you need "a scene" with Forest Pack Objects from US when this is problematic in EVERY scene with Corona + Forest Pack Pro-elements. You can just whip up whatever presets the Forest Pack Pro lib offers.

It's about the following statement:

V-Ray proxies 'GetRenderMesh' is very fast, because it returns the simplified mesh used for viewport.
Corona computes and returns the full mesh stored in the proxy, and this process takes a lot of time.

You need a scene from us to check how to return a "simplified mesh can be sent back to viewport, instead of the full mesh?

This was around for a while now, with the added Q for better simplified meshes in viewport for Corona proxies.
We got
  • Point cloud (kills my viewport performance)
    Solid box (useless for working, only for rendering-time)
    Wire frame box (as useless as solid box-mode)
    Full mesh mode (I dare you to use this in an Arch Viz scene

Where is our better option for working and rendering at the same time...