Author Topic: Container House  (Read 4437 times)

2016-06-05, 15:09:51

K u r a i

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I just entered this into the 2016 CG Architect image competition.... with barley hours to spare.
Chances of winning are slim, at best....but, if I get a mention, at least, that's something.

2016-06-06, 14:30:24
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Good luck in the contest! Let me know how you get on :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2016-06-06, 17:56:43
Reply #2

K u r a i

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Good luck in the contest! Let me know how you get on :)

Thanks. :)

2016-06-06, 20:55:45
Reply #3

Jadefox

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Renderlab
I think it's spectacular ! hope you do well

2016-06-06, 22:40:13
Reply #4

K u r a i

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think it's spectacular ! hope you do well

When I uploaded it to the CG comp, I was relieved. Then I had a cup of tea and looked at it again... and thought.... shit.... it's a pile of crap... and felt embarrerssed that I sent it. So, you giving me a nice complement has cheered me up.

2016-06-07, 07:03:12
Reply #5

zuliban

• Active Users
    • View Profile
it looks really good to me you have a unique color scheme and good chaos in your scene adds personality, i think most people will find it a bit too cold or lonely to understand it but i guess that was your goal, and this maybe is why you think your work is ''crap'' but is not :)

2016-06-07, 10:58:26
Reply #6

K u r a i

• Active Users
    • View Profile
it looks really good to me you have a unique color scheme and good chaos in your scene adds personality, i think most people will find it a bit too cold or lonely to understand it but i guess that was your goal, and this maybe is why you think your work is ''crap'' but is not :)

Wow. You are the first person to notice this.... and it is what I have been doing for the last 6 months. When you see a Vray image, you know straight away it's Vray colour mapping. Same for Corona.
Vray is super smooth and soft and warm and Corona is cleaner, more neutral and tighter (in my opinion). I wanted to get away from these sterotypes....

But, you hit it right on the nail with using the word: "Personality". It is what I strive for most. But, saying this. I feel I still have alot to learn. Thanks.

« Last Edit: 2016-06-07, 12:12:11 by K u r a i »