Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] Resolved Bugs

Shading issue

<< < (3/3)

burnin:
You can render with Physical or AR to get "correct" reference...
It'll also make it clear for others to reproduce what is expected.

lollolo:
Hi burnin, thank you for your reply.

I don't need AR to get correct references. Corona does that for me. Just not always.
My last screenshot shows how it should look like (left sphere) and shading artifacts (right sphere).

There is clearly an issue somewhere. Otherwise, both spheres would look like exactly the same, because they have the same material applied and have the same geometry.

Beanzvision:
Hi, Can you guess which of these is yours? ;) If I remove the UVW tag and apply a new one. It works!

lollolo:
Hi Bean, thank you for your time.

I get what you are pointing at.
Like I wrote above, the noise is set to "World" and not "UV". In this case, UVW-Tag or projection should NEVER influence the mapping, because UV or projection isn't used. Noise set to "World" is 3D mapped using world coordinates.

But this doesn't work correctly. You can just change the projection of the sphere and "this shading issue" is gone. Like you did. But the problem now is, that noise in Bump channel doesn't use world mode. Noise set to "World" in color channel is working as expected. 
The behavior you described is correct, when UV or projection is actually used. But it's not in my example. Can you follow what I mean? 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version