Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Resolved Bugs

amount of lights and viewport/max performance

(1/3) > >>

denisgo22:
Big problem for big projects/
1.create a new scene in 3dmax/
2.create lights in instance mode in the amount of about 3000.
after that 3max viewport starts freezing, lagging all time/ deleting, hiding and moving of several lights takes an infinite amount of time/
with the addition of light sources, the problem increases.
the scene almost becomes unedited.
Please solve this problem as soon as possible
it becomes completely impossible to work on large projects.

3dmax 2022
Corona 8
Video Card  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB
AMD 2970wx 24 core

same thing on intel i9-10900F
with video card GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB
Thanks

pokoy:
You might consider using geometry with LightMtl instead. You can still do things like different light colors with MultiMap and CoronaColor distributed by instance, MatID etc, set directionality, advanced ray switches... you'll have to switch them on/off using the material editor, but it might be easier on the viewport performance. In fact, it's something I prefer over having hundreds of light objects in the scene as pretty much all the same controls exist in LightMtl (except for a light target object).

denisgo22:
Using geometry is light source cause for extreme increase in render time/
Another question is why is this happening?
light is no geometry/ it is only icon in viewport/
In other renders things like that don't happen, etc/ Vray and others/
even with 300 light sources feels significant degradation in viewport/max performance.

TomG:
Are these Corona Lights, and does the same thing happen with default Max lights? As a note, LightMtl renders as quickly as a Light with the exception of spherical lights, so guessing these are spherical lights? Is hiding the lights in the viewport an option since this seems to be viewport performance that is affected?

denisgo22:

--- Quote from: TomG on 2022-05-06, 16:20:15 ---Are these Corona Lights, and does the same thing happen with default Max lights? As a note, LightMtl renders as quickly as a Light with the exception of spherical lights, so guessing these are spherical lights? Is hiding the lights in the viewport an option since this seems to be viewport performance that is affected?

--- End quote ---
in most scenes for urban views spherical light sources are used as a priority/
for night windows of the buildings as example/
Hiding light cannot be used because-- /for example/ scenes with days and night lighting in one max file/
Now only open layer with many light sources taking about 2-10 minutes/
I'm not talking about for lagging with interactive rendering for the same reason.in addition, I specifically checked the standard Max Omni light and it's a completely different story. Omni has no effect on viewport performance at all/Same with Vray sphere light/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version