Author Topic: Slow rendering and problematic file  (Read 2599 times)

2018-03-29, 16:39:13

Giorgos Zacharioudakis

• Active Users
  • CG Artist at 500s studio
    • View Profile
    • 500s studio
Hi,

I hope someone helps me because I am searching 4 days now how to solve this.
I have a complex scene, a house with a lot of vegetation and lights. The scene was rendering fast enough ( 2.5K- 1.5 hours at a dell T7600 2x2687w 128BG).

At the process of  the file, after adding decoration stuff etc, the scene was taking a lot to open and was stacking to transform vertices when I tried to render.
So I collapsed all geometry modifiers, I converted bitmaps to coronabimaps, I merged the file to a clean one but nothing changed.
Also I checked permissions and I disabled UAC and antivirus with firewall.
Furthermore I checked the scripts with the timers.
The last thing i tried was to save as archive and send the file to corona support, but the file couldn't be created due to invalid read of textures and proxies.
I am using a Synology NAS for all of my files, Win 10, 3dsmax 2016, Corona latest daily.

The weird part is that after a while the file couldn't open anymore (freezes at loading), so I opened the scene to my backup computer. The file runs smoothly and renders fine for its specs (i7 5930,32BG).
I tried the DR in my backup computer using T7600 as a a slave but it stuck to parsing scene (on the slave only).
Probably I will miss the deadline but this is not the case.
I am wondering if someone has anything else to suggest because my next effort will be to format the workstation.

I am attaching the image that managed to get started rendering at the T7600 it is rendering for 4.30 hours/ 12 passes totally.

Thanks in advance and I am sorry for the long post.

Forming digital canvas with geometries shaped with lights, traveling the viewer’s mind through time and space.

2018-03-29, 18:55:55
Reply #1

Giorgos Zacharioudakis

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • 500s studio
Found this thread with the same problem
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=16422.15
Forming digital canvas with geometries shaped with lights, traveling the viewer’s mind through time and space.

2018-03-30, 01:27:01
Reply #2

Giorgos Zacharioudakis

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • 500s studio
I forgot to mension the message "MXS auto increased heap size" that 3dsmax views when I opoen the file. From my seach is has to do with a custom scripted helper superClass object but I dont know how I can idendify it.

2018-03-30, 14:00:50
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, definitely looks non-Corona related, and the cause is just as you say according to https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/3ds-Max-freezes-wehn-loading-files-error-message-MXS-auto-increased-heap-size.html (though it gives no guidance on identify the custom scripted helper superClass object).
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2018-03-31, 10:04:36
Reply #4

3dboomerang

• Active Users
  • Head of 3D
    • View Profile
    • 3DFLOW
can someone explain to a technical retard like me what "custom scripted helper superClass objects" means?

Is this a script-generated-object that does non-stop-checkups when rendering ending up in a loop > crash?