Author Topic: Corona Renderer 2 for 3ds Max (Release Candidate 1) is out now!  (Read 18882 times)

2018-06-04, 23:04:18

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Corona Renderer 2 for 3ds Max (Release Candidate 1) is out now!

Everyone with an active FairSaaS or Box with Subscription license has access, and the download is in the usual location: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mswauuv1afec8am/AAA5OKrd_QujokDM3mxQ7S40a

A Release Candidate is close to being the final release, but we need your feedback to catch any remaining bugs or other issues from real world testing!

Here's just some of the new items in Corona Renderer 2:

- Heterogeneous media support (new 3D mode for CoronaVolume material; Phoenix FD, FumeFX support; CoronaVolumeGrid for OpenVDB support)
- Render VRayMtl and VRayLight without conversion (even if V-Ray is not installed!)
- Corona Official Toolbar added
- Around 150 new materials in the Material Library, including hair; where appropriate, materials now use Real World Scale or CoronaTriplanar mapping
- Improved Denoising of Bump maps (they will not lose as much detail)
- Center Bias and Vignetting added for CoronaCamera Bokeh effects
- IR no longer starts with full render resolution when first run.
- Memory improvements - Decreased memory consumption of all scenes by 5-15%; Motion Blur requires significantly less memory; and more
- Rendering speedups - Significantly faster rendering of Shadow Catcher in "For Compositing" mode; parsing of Motion Blur is now faster
- MANY bug fixes, UI improvements, and general improvements!

PLEASE NOTE:
- The Legacy version has been removed from the installer. All CPUs supporting SSE 4.1 are still supported, see a list of those CPUs at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSE4#Supporting_CPUs
- Max 2012 is no longer supported
- We recommend downloading the material library from the dropbox location, and placing it beside the installer before running the install (though you can run the installer and let it download the material library, if you choose)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2018-06-04, 23:47:10
Reply #1

marqueso

• Active Users
    • View Profile
will there be a vray toon / cell shaded hidden line option for the future? Asking for a friend.

Thanks

2018-06-04, 23:49:49
Reply #2

Hozkr Mejia

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It's great news! I'm already downloading it

2018-06-04, 23:56:09
Reply #3

Noah45

• Active Users
  • press *1
    • View Profile
1 st adoptor
Retail Illustrator  (for ever' 80's )
3DMax 2020/Corona Version: 6DB

2018-06-05, 01:01:39
Reply #4

Carlos

• Users
  • www.instagram.com/carlosvegar
    • View Profile
    • www.instagram.com/carlosvegar
Hello everyone, i just downloaded the new version of Corona (2.0rc1), but my antimalware "Panda" detect's it as a potential Malware for the system and suddenly delete the ".exe" archive.
I don't want to desactivate my antimalware, so what could be wrong with this new version?

2018-06-05, 01:13:27
Reply #5

sevecek

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello everyone, i just downloaded the new version of Corona (2.0rc1), but my antimalware "Panda" detect's it as a potential Malware for the system and suddenly delete the ".exe" archive.
I don't want to desactivate my antimalware, so what could be wrong with this new version?

Hm, according to this it's clean
https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/5aa6cbdbdcd35e5c739d6352b25d00e22256de0456720bdc9cfdc23944d3a25a/detection

2018-06-05, 09:13:16
Reply #6

Romuald

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I don't know for other people, but me my rendering time for my animation goes from 20 to 30 minutes between 1.7.4 to 2.
Am I the only one in this situation ?

2018-06-05, 09:37:46
Reply #7

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I don't know for other people, but me my rendering time for my animation goes from 20 to 30 minutes between 1.7.4 to 2.
If you're using noise limit as stopping condition, it could be because Corona calculates noise level slightly different between each major version. Try to set it on time limit and compare two frames from 1.7 and 2 for visual difference in noise. If you see that render from 2 is noisier, then indeed, something is wrong and should be investigated.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2018-06-05, 09:42:15
Reply #8

aslanygh

• Users
    • View Profile
Phoenix FD fire from sphere on the plane geometry render very very slow

2018-06-05, 09:46:05
Reply #9

Romuald

• Active Users
    • View Profile
If you're using noise limit as stopping condition, it could be because Corona calculates noise level slightly different between each major version. Try to set it on time limit and compare two frames from 1.7 and 2 for visual difference in noise. If you see that render from 2 is noisier, then indeed, something is wrong and should be investigated.

Indeed, I use noise limit. Thank you for your fast answer :) I will try it.

2018-06-05, 09:48:23
Reply #10

Alex Kondratev

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Caustic still does not work "from box". Vray blend and other materials still not supported

2018-06-05, 12:15:48
Reply #11

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Caustic still does not work "from box". Vray blend and other materials still not supported
We still don't have efficient caustics rendering.
Only vray light and vray mtl are supported right now.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-06-05, 13:31:50
Reply #12

Ryuu

• Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile

If you're referring to the "single click caustics" presented on Total Chaos, that was not a feature promised for the next version. That was a peek into an ongoing research which we hope to use in one of the following versions in the future.

The list of changes in the first post explicitly mentions that only VRayMtl and VRayLight are supported.

2018-06-05, 13:46:27
Reply #13

Yanosh HRDY

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.hyh.fr
hello, i'd light to try this new version... I'm working on a project with 1.7 version... I prefer continue with this version until I finish..
is it possible to instal version 2 on my 3 computers (1 master and  2 slave for DR) and use it for testing on one side and on the other continue to use 1.7?
if yes that is the way?
thank you.
yanosh.

2018-06-05, 13:55:48
Reply #14

Ryuu

• Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Mixing different versions of Corona on DR masters and slaves is never a good idea and may lead to various issues.

If you have two or more versions of 3ds Max installed on a single computer, you can install new Corona version just for some specific 3ds Max version (using the custom option in the installer). In that case you'd also probably want to leave the new material library out of the installation as the material library is a shared installation component and the new version would overwrite the older one. That would normally not be a problem, but we've made some changes in the new matlib which require also some changes in the code, so the older Corona version will not be able to work correctly with new matlib version.