Significantly faster DOF (Depth of Field) rendering
25 (5.4%)
Sketch/Toon/Stylized shader
29 (6.2%)
Dedicated CarPaint Shader
7 (1.5%)
Dedicated fabrics shader
27 (5.8%)
Lightmix extended to materials, textures, ...
27 (5.8%)
Interactive rendering in 3ds max viewport (with gizmos, object selection, manipulation, ...)
16 (3.4%)
Rendering memory usage improvements
16 (3.4%)
Speed of rendering improvements
42 (9%)
Speed of interactive rendering improvements specifically
31 (6.7%)
GPU/Hybrid rendering
88 (18.9%)
Stability improvements (bug fixes)
12 (2.6%)
Improvements to caustics
23 (4.9%)
Thin film/coating shader
5 (1.1%)
Parsing performance optimization (e.g. for animations)
40 (8.6%)
New and better frame buffer (docked and floating)
23 (4.9%)
Further improvements to Chaos Scatter
15 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 178

Author Topic: The most wanted feature?  (Read 524317 times)

2017-10-30, 13:45:54
Reply #465

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
very comfortable workspace:)))

A user like you has his own custom toolbar for fast access of most important things anyway, haven't you? This would be the apropriate location for some additional "render hidden on/off" button.

Putting everything into cVFB is not the best idea especially when redundancy would be created. Next request would be to put displacement on/off there and so on. Corona is really well integrated into max and uses the standard location(s) of the UI wherever possible. So it would be max (again) to blame if you struggle with your workspace.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2017-11-03, 11:54:32
Reply #466

naikku

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have a question for a feature:
These days my biggest problem is 3DSMAX autosave when I use DR. Could Ondra & guys code a function so that
if I have DR running > Autosave could not be enabled automatically.
I assume this is not possible but just wanted to ask about this...

2017-11-07, 17:10:44
Reply #467

andrewdtejeda

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just adding to this forum as well. Being able to convert from octane would be awesome and go a long way towards pushing more people to use corona!

2018-03-09, 13:32:27
Reply #468

zaar

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is this thread a good place to not just put my vote, but also ask politely about "Refraction/Reflection working with masking render elements (CMasking_Mask,CTexmap, etc...)"? :D

I don't understand how it gets so few votes. Aren't many people here doing archviz? Is it that people are moving further and further away from doing anything after they press the renderbutton?
I want to quickly photoshop stuff that into windows of buildings many times. And often there might be the glass of a balcony infront of the glass on the doors and windows. I know I could make two materials and have the front one not contribute to the mask. But what if I also want that one as a separate mask?
In the attached image (multimatteelement from vray) I have an inside of an atrium in an office building. And I needed masks for both the glas on balconies, and a mask for the facade/outside.

I just wanted to add this as an extra little "pretty please" because I think more spectacular features get more votes, when this might be easier to implement and definitely really usefull :)
« Last Edit: 2018-03-09, 13:39:51 by zaar »

2018-03-12, 09:39:05
Reply #469

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Removing volumetrics as they are to be released in v2
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2018-03-14, 04:09:24
Reply #470

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
hey guys, i see autobump in displacement improvement, what is autobump?

2018-03-14, 10:33:12
Reply #471

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Autobump is an automatic combination of displacement and bump mapping. The goal is to have almost the same quality as fine-grained displacement with much lower memory penalty.

2018-03-14, 10:38:02
Reply #472

NicolasC

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
  • CG supervisor / teacher / artist
    • View Profile
Hello,

Any chance to add CryptoMatte to the poll, please ? :P
Nicolas Caplat
CG supervisor / teacher / artist

2018-03-14, 11:38:04
Reply #473

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
Autobump is an automatic combination of displacement and bump mapping. The goal is to have almost the same quality as fine-grained displacement with much lower memory penalty.
thanks Ryuu, thats sounds great.

2018-03-14, 18:16:01
Reply #474

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Hello,

added
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2018-03-15, 08:39:53
Reply #475

NicolasC

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,

added
Thank you, Ondra.
From my point of view, it's really important to get Corona as flexible as Vray, post-production wise. For example, users of PSDManager are a bit limited for now (no scene layers output, anything bound to GBuffer ...), so we heavily need an alternative.

Best regards.
Nicolas Caplat

2018-04-17, 10:26:54
Reply #476

benkodesign

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just a few simple suggestion:
- Albedo warning could be an option in the VFB. I think no one wants to save it as a render element, people only want to know if a material is wrong.
- Corona Object Properties (diffuseion level, brightness, contrast, gamma, saturation). Just imagine a when you import and convert for example a bookshelf with dozen of colorful and white texture maps, how simple it would tu decrease the saturation and diffusion level of the books with one click, instead of going through the material one by one.

2018-04-17, 10:48:41
Reply #477

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
- Albedo warning could be an option in the VFB. I think no one wants to save it as a render element, people only want to know if a material is wrong.
- Corona Object Properties (diffuseion level, brightness, contrast, gamma, saturation). Just imagine a when you import and convert for example a bookshelf with dozen of colorful and white texture maps, how simple it would tu decrease the saturation and diffusion level of the books with one click, instead of going through the material one by one.

These aren't bad at all :- ) I like your thinking ! All those hundreds of books with wrong shaders : / and all of them multimaterials, I don't even know which book I click on :- D But this is something for maxscript I think.

But the first idea could be implemented easily.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2018-04-17, 10:56:44
Reply #478

NicolasC

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This one gets my vote !! good call :)
Nicolas Caplat

2018-04-17, 12:34:20
Reply #479

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
Albedo warning will be definitely a live safer. +1!
For the 2nd you can set many mtl properties at once with this Batch mtl editor by Nik