Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Corona Goodies - User Contributions

Autodesk Physical to Corona Physical Material Converter

<< < (2/4) > >>

James Vella:
Updated Script attached to this post.

Version 1.3.0 - newly added features
- Displacement
- IOR
- Anisotropy - update on this textures work, but values need to be fixed.
- Emission / Self Illumination
- Replaced Inverted Glossiness with Advanced Options > Roughness mode to Glossiness mode (in the Corona Physical Material).
- Clearcoat - Amount/Glossiness/Roughness/IOR
- Clearcoat Not Supported - Coating Color (Autodesk Physical Material) and Absorption (Corona Physical Material) as this behaves differently (unless I'm misunderstanding something).

Notes:
- Glossiness: Due to the nature of Autodesk Physical Material using both Roughness & Glossiness instead of just Roughness or Glossiness in Corona Physical Material it will switch to either Roughness or Glossiness based on your Reflection selection. Since this has an effect on Sheen and Clearcoat your textures and values will be inverted to suit whichever workflow you have selected in the Autodesk Physical Material - Reflection (Roughness or Glossiness).
- Values & Colors: If no texture used for any of the nodes in the below screenshots then the values will be used instead. For example if not using an IOR texture but set your IOR to 1.35 then it will transfer the value instead, this applies to all nodes. This also applies to colors such as the Diffuse or Emission color. (This can be modified to use both if preferred).
- Maxscript: While the code could also be simplified with 'and or' statements I have kept it longer with 'and' statements for easy readability instead of efficiency. This affects the 'Clearcoat' section.

Autodesk Physical Material:

Corona Physical Material:

When using Reflection Glossiness in Autodesk Physical Material:

This is how it converts to Glossiness in Corona Physical Material:

As always, test/backup and give me feedback on your findings.

James Vella:
Updated script attached to this post.

Version 2.0 - new features:
- Re written most code to include all Numeric values for each node such as Base Color or Roughness values regardless of using a bitmap or not. Same applies for color swatches. Exception for Bump this is set to 1.0 keeping the default for Corona, let me know if this is an issue.
- Normal and Additional Bump nodes now work as per the Physical Normal Bump node and can copy both textures.
- If not using a Normal texture then only the Bump will be copied across and does not Require a Corona Normal Bump node.
- Metal now respects numerical values as well as Bitmaps. If using both numerical values with a bitmap, the bitmap will be placed into an Output node and the numerical value will control the 'Output Amount'. If only using numerical values 0-1 then those will be copied into the output amount. If using 1.0 metal (with no bitmap) then Corona material set to just Metal. Also works opposite, if metal set to 0 in Autodesk Physical (with no bitmap) the Corona material will be non-metal.
- Clearcoat Bump and IOR bitmap nodes now supported.
- Anisotropy numerical value/rotation fixed.
- Displacement heights value copied from numerical value in Physical

Autodesk Physical Material

Corona Physical Material

Autodesk Physical Material - Metal not set to 0 or 1 and using a bitmap

Corona Physical Material - Metal not set to 0 or 1 and using a bitmap. When using a bitmap and set to 0 or 1 no output node created and uses just the bitmap.

Metal - numerical value of 0-1 (no bitmap)

Metal - numerical value of 0 (no bitmap)

Metal - numerical value of 1 (no bitmap)

Autodesk Physical Material - Displacement (works the same for all numerical values)

Corona Physical Material - Displacement (works the same for all numerical values)

arqrenderz:
Legend !

romullus:
Sorry, i realized that i had confused the topics and posted to the wrong one. All the issues mentioned in my previous message are related to Corona to Autodesk physical converter script. I will leave my reply there after i'll do few more tests.

Edit: i moved conversation about the other script to the correct topic.

James Vella:

--- Quote from: romullus on 2023-07-17, 09:47:11 ---Sorry, i realized that i had confused the topics and posted to the wrong one. All the issues mentioned in my previous message are related to Corona to Autodesk physical converter script. I will leave my reply there after i'll do few more tests.

Edit: i moved conversation about the other script to the correct topic.

--- End quote ---

Perfect thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version