Author Topic: Hidden objects showing in IR but not in Viewport of VFB and PV  (Read 78006 times)

2019-07-25, 11:49:53

Exactly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I am using the Scaffolding rig from the Pixel lab and decided to make the materials Corona based. All went well until I noticed that rendering in the IR made some objects that were hidden suddenly appear.
There is a lot of instancing going on with this rig and I checked through and could not find any errors with visibility settings (traffic lights).

If you look at the screen shots you will see everything appears as it should in the viewport but the IR shows extra objects that should be hidden.
I have also included an image rendered to the PV and this is OK and shows what is in the VP. Rendering to the VFB also gives the correct result.

I am thinking this could be related to "render instances" but my past experience of this has been that render instance objects do not appear at all and they have not ignored the traffic light settings.

Any thoughts?

Using Corona 4 hotfix1
OSX-10.14.5
C4D R20
« Last Edit: 2019-07-25, 15:38:42 by Exactly »

2019-07-25, 17:48:40
Reply #1

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Check the properties on that instanced layer (White). Maybe Rendering or Generator or something else is still turned ON...   

2019-07-26, 14:14:56
Reply #2

Exactly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Burnin,

I tried turning them all off and then deleted the layer and still the same result.
Any other suggestions greatly appreciated :-)

2019-07-26, 14:38:33
Reply #3

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Hello, Exactly!

We would definitely be interested in seeing a scene where the issue can be reproduced. It doesn't have to be the original object (I understand that there can be a copyright issue), but if you were able to create a similar object with the same issues, that would be great. Otherwise we can only guess what's happening there.

2019-07-27, 01:13:25
Reply #4

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think i know, what it could be...

From the following video I noticed that the rig is made with an older Cinema version (R18.041) and uses some scripting (xpresso, C.O.F.F.E.E., python?). Note that with every release, SDK changes a bit. Specifically, pay attention to dropped C.O.F.F.E.E. support from R19+. Things may break, got corrupt or are simply set in a way it conflicts with Corona. For starters, does the rig at least work as demonstrated with release you're using?
In that case, if you haven't yet, contact creators.

Get their people to talk to Corona people.
Howgh!
;)
« Last Edit: 2019-07-27, 01:18:42 by burnin »

2019-07-29, 10:34:44
Reply #5

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile

2019-07-29, 12:12:24
Reply #6

Exactly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
, but if you were able to create a similar object with the same issues, that would be great.

I have not been able to recreate this.

For starters, does the rig at least work as demonstrated with release you're using?

Everything works as it should do in R20. The only issue I have discovered is the one I mentioned originally.

I will reach out to Joren from Pixel lab and see if he can add anything. I will keep you posted.

Cheers

2019-08-05, 10:47:09
Reply #7

Exactly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just an update on this...

I reached out to Joren and he got the guy who built the rig to take a look. Long story short, he says everything with the rig is working as it should and all is OK in R20 so the issue is most likely with Corona.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

2019-08-05, 11:42:42
Reply #8

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Dive deeper and check all the seetings that take control of visual properties. If overwhelming, then next best thing is to provide the scene to Corona team. Upload link is in houska's signature.

I can't help much more, being offshore & offPC till the end of the week.

2019-08-05, 13:46:00
Reply #9

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Yes, it would help us if we were able to see the scene. I'm not sure if it would be a good idea to PM us a commercially sold rig, but we can always ask for it directly. If you have the contact on this guy who made the rig, I could ask him myself.

2019-08-06, 10:58:45
Reply #10

Exactly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Houska,

Joren kindly said I could send you the rig to help find the issue.
I have uploaded it to the link in your signature. Let me know if it did not work as I never got any confirmation. Not sure what I should see as I have not used the private uploader before.
Please delete file when you find where the problem is.

Thanks.

2019-08-07, 13:09:17
Reply #11

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Hello, Exactly

I will check the scene out and see what I can find out. I will delete it once it's clear what is causing this!

2019-08-07, 13:21:10
Reply #12

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
I'm afraid I cannot see the uploaded file. Neither on the Private Uploader nor on the Alternative Uploader. What was the name of the file?

2019-08-08, 11:19:41
Reply #13

Exactly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hi Houska,

I just uploaded again but this time using the dropbox link. It is called "Staff Rig Visibility Issue".

2019-08-08, 11:28:27
Reply #14

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Thanks, now I can access the rig. I will try to figure out what the issue with it is.

BTW, I tried both of the uploaders myself now and both of them worked flawlessly.