Author Topic: Corona Renderer 6 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 130483 times)

2020-06-10, 22:52:08
Reply #285

Flavius

• Active Users
    • View Profile
!!!

Guys, guys huge problem (For me at least).

Something has happened with the Corona Mix map. Mixing 2 Ocean Tex maps and feeding them into the Phoenix FD Simulator displacement node is NOT working anymore!
Mixing them and putting them into the displacement Slot in the Corona material works fine, but they don't work anymore in the Phoenix FD Liquid Sim.

To test out, just simulate one frame mix two ocean maps and put them into Phoenix displacement. The mesh preview will be flat, you don't even need to render.

14th May daily builds works OK. (I have tested it twice)
Latest daily build doesn't.

Has something changed in the Corona Mix map recently?

2020-06-11, 12:27:32
Reply #286

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

A couple of things changed around then.. if all slots have the frequency set to 0 then all slots are picked equally based on random amount.

Also the seed randomisation changed, maybe you can try to change the seed in the multimap and you will get a different mix of colours.

Let me know if this helps.

Rowan

Hi Rowan,

Thanks but I get the same result if Frequency for all slots is set to 0 or 1 (I've attached a simple example using Railclone Library style).
The seed in the multimap does change the slot being picked from but all of the instanced elements in the Railclone object are still treated as the same mesh element and get assigned this same slot.

As Nik suggests - Disabling the Instancing Engine in the Railclone object - gets us back to the result from before. But this does mean losing the savings on RAM usage that Railclone offers.
Up until this latest Daily you could get randomised slots for all elements (instanced or not) with the advantages of the Railclone Instancing Engine as well.

Anyway, if it's unavoidable due to changes overall, then that's that.
Similar results could be achieved with material ID's with a bit more effort (although would be great if Railclone internal Material ID randomisation worked with Corona here also).
Just a shame to lose that simple set up and ease of compatibility with older scenes that might use it.

Hi Ricky,

Are you able to install the latest version of Rail Clone? In v6 we updated to their latest API so instancing should be working fine.

We do have a test for this which is passing, so can I ask you to send over your scene and we will take a look at it?

Thanks,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2020-06-11, 15:44:50
Reply #287

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Have I understood correctly that we're getting another seed behaviour change in multimap? It really should be made as stable as possible and never touched again since this way you can't rerender old projects without problems... this has happened 2 or 3 times in the past and it really caused headaches with old projects. Sorry if I misunderstood.
Hi,

So yeah it has changed in v6. This was part of some wider optimisations. Hopefully we can keep these changes to a minimum in the future.

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2020-06-11, 17:59:47
Reply #288

Ricky Johnson

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Hi Ricky,

Are you able to install the latest version of Rail Clone? In v6 we updated to their latest API so instancing should be working fine.

We do have a test for this which is passing, so can I ask you to send over your scene and we will take a look at it?

Thanks,

Rowan

Hi,

Yes, I've made the update to Railclone to version 4.2.0 now.

This doesn't seem to have any effect on the original point I raised but I can see that Railclone's internal material ID randomising node is now working with Corona. So, this does help in providing an alternative route to achieve similar results in future.

Just to be clear about the original point though - using a 'mesh element' Multimap in a Railclone object still no longer has the desired effect on Railclone instances. I've attached examples again - the only change here is different daily build versions of Corona.

Are you getting this to work any differently with the latest build? I wasn't sure if you were talking about getting the Railclone material node working in your own tests or whether you're referring to the 'mesh element' behaviour in Multimap.

I could send this scene but it's just a basic set up made from scratch to illustrate this point. I've not found this issue to be scene dependent. Let me know if it's needed though.

2020-06-11, 19:02:01
Reply #289

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Have I understood correctly that we're getting another seed behaviour change in multimap? It really should be made as stable as possible and never touched again since this way you can't rerender old projects without problems... this has happened 2 or 3 times in the past and it really caused headaches with old projects. Sorry if I misunderstood.
Hi,

So yeah it has changed in v6. This was part of some wider optimisations. Hopefully we can keep these changes to a minimum in the future.

Thanks,

Rowan

Ok.... Can't help but still love you guys :D

2020-06-12, 09:33:54
Reply #290

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Yes, I've made the update to Railclone to version 4.2.0 now.

This doesn't seem to have any effect on the original point I raised but I can see that Railclone's internal material ID randomising node is now working with Corona. So, this does help in providing an alternative route to achieve similar results in future.

Just to be clear about the original point though - using a 'mesh element' Multimap in a Railclone object still no longer has the desired effect on Railclone instances. I've attached examples again - the only change here is different daily build versions of Corona.

Are you getting this to work any differently with the latest build? I wasn't sure if you were talking about getting the Railclone material node working in your own tests or whether you're referring to the 'mesh element' behaviour in Multimap.

I could send this scene but it's just a basic set up made from scratch to illustrate this point. I've not found this issue to be scene dependent. Let me know if it's needed though.
Hi Ricky,

Thanks for the further information, I understand the issue now. I have been able to reproduce it here and I will forward it on to our dev team for further investigation.

Thanks,

Rowan

(Internal ID=520175778)
Send me your scene!

2020-06-12, 11:46:16
Reply #291

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
!!!

Guys, guys huge problem (For me at least).

Something has happened with the Corona Mix map. Mixing 2 Ocean Tex maps and feeding them into the Phoenix FD Simulator displacement node is NOT working anymore!
Mixing them and putting them into the displacement Slot in the Corona material works fine, but they don't work anymore in the Phoenix FD Liquid Sim.

To test out, just simulate one frame mix two ocean maps and put them into Phoenix displacement. The mesh preview will be flat, you don't even need to render.

14th May daily builds works OK. (I have tested it twice)
Latest daily build doesn't.

Has something changed in the Corona Mix map recently?

Confirmed, doesn't happen only with the Ocean tex. Happens with any map I tested so far, which is plugged into Corona Mix.

(Internal ID=520218423)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2020-06-13, 21:07:51
Reply #292

kolatsky

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi to All. I now use the last corona daily build. And wondering corona proxy explorer sometimes works slower than previous versions on Corona 5. Sometimes 3dsmax freezing on 3-10mins for exporting first proxy file then after works fine like old versions.

2020-06-15, 08:59:33
Reply #293

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi to All. I now use the last corona daily build. And wondering corona proxy explorer sometimes works slower than previous versions on Corona 5. Sometimes 3dsmax freezing on 3-10mins for exporting first proxy file then after works fine like old versions.
Hi,

I have been unable to reproduce this one, do you have some specific object you are exporting to a proxy? If so would you be able to send this object to me?

Instructions on how to send files to us can be found in my signiture.

Cheers,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2020-06-15, 21:37:48
Reply #294

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Hi,

Thanks,

Rowan

We found a way to keep the seed stable, so it wont change in v6 after all
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2020-06-16, 13:32:13
Reply #295

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Thanks,

Rowan

We found a way to keep the seed stable, so it wont change in v6 after all
Great, thank you!

2020-06-18, 16:40:29
Reply #296

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Using a hdri map in Reflection override while using IR produces these artifacts which eventually clean into less visible, regular render doesn't have them.
20.02 build, no portals
Hi,

This is fixed in the upcoming v6 DB.

Cheers,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2020-06-18, 18:22:46
Reply #297

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys, sorry to post this here, did anyone is havin issues with DR rendering in latest build? not been able to get the servers produce passes, getting an error that says "cannot send message"

2020-06-19, 15:20:28
Reply #298

kolatsky

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I have been unable to reproduce this one, do you have some specific object you are exporting to a proxy? If so would you be able to send this object to me?

Instructions on how to send files to us can be found in my signiture.

Cheers,

Rowan

http://joxi.ru/D2P9pzZSk3D8PA

Hi to All. This is happen with different trees like maxtree, archmodels and other objects. But I can convert 2 times same tree and at first time can freeze and second no with same tree. Now I wait 5 mins to unfreeze procedure.

2020-06-19, 18:55:26
Reply #299

DanUh

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
i just updated Corona V5 to 2020-06-18 dailybuild and the rendering process keeps crashing, Corona Error Message: LEGION_STOP @ C:\Corona\src\ShadingLib\UvMapper.h(238).
The scene originally was created using V4 if I recall correctly, but rendered mostly fine using V5 (I had some crashes, but as I was experimenting with tyflow I did not relate it to corona)
Please see the uploaded file: 1592584875_200619-tyflow-explode.max
Win 10, 18363.836
Max 2021 EDU (fresh install)
Corona V6-200618
Tyflow 0.16089

If you need any other information just let me know.
Best regards,

Daniel