Author Topic: Ducati Custom Café Fighter  (Read 27406 times)

2014-12-30, 13:06:48
Reply #15

StepanProkop

• Users
    • View Profile
    • cgimodels
super model and render !

2014-12-30, 15:41:28
Reply #16

Chakib

• Active Users
  • Corona Omnomnomer !
    • View Profile
Great attention on materials and lighting used on a clean high res model, what a pleasure ! can't wait to see your next works.

2014-12-30, 20:44:31
Reply #17

enzodiac

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks again you all!

On my blog you can find a large amount of wip images posted in the blog section.

http://ezevisuals.com/blog-3/

2014-12-30, 22:32:50
Reply #18

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website

How do you even make this ? Such attention to detail.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2014-12-31, 10:29:08
Reply #19

enzodiac

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think the secret is to watch lots of reference and focus on what is important.

The diffuse is almost completely black because it is metal.
The magic happens in the reflection color and glossmap.

I started with a simple tube model in maya and then UV mapped it. I don't really care about where to place seams etc because I only bake normals from the zbrush mesh and then paint the rest in Mari. Mari as you know handles UV seams like a champ.

The actual texturing is strikingly simple. A tiled detailed map across the whole exhaust. The rest is simple painted gradients for the colors. It actually didn't take more then one or two hours to texture.
In the attached images you have the reflection color map in its entirety and then an image of the hand painted colors only.
Then it's just a matter of tweaking levels and contrast in photoshop and make a black and white version for the gloss map (of course tweak this as well).

2014-12-31, 14:59:15
Reply #20

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Thank you much :- ) I thought there would even be some blue color from the fringing, but I guess that's just reflection.

Hand-painting tubes..fantastic dedication. I checked your whole making blog, so much nifty stuff, you can keep staring and find new details.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2014-12-31, 15:38:12
Reply #21

enzodiac

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks! :)

The textures are probably tweaked a bit from that wip shot. There is some blue in there.

2015-01-05, 06:38:23
Reply #22

dartofang

• Active Users
  • @archviztutorial
    • View Profile
the details is just amazing.. everything is perfect and real.

2015-01-05, 08:41:52
Reply #23

O-mans

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This is based on 796 right?

very good like it!!!

2015-01-05, 10:54:25
Reply #24

RolandB

• Active Users
  • Corona fan
    • View Profile
    • Béhance portfolio
The essence of Ducat !!! Wonderful !
Wonderful work... I didn't see the original like that, is it based on a StreetFighter ?
Love all the details, the tires, work on the exhaust pipes, springs etc. Waoo !!!
Amazing pics...
I don't think the material fork, lattice framework and swing-arm (8, 9 and 10th pics) are as gradient. I had 3 Ducati (especially the first 900 Mostro) and didn't notice that, even with a lot of years old, the fork could be as damaging.
All of the other materials are amazing.
Congratulations for this huge work and Happy New Year !
Portfolio on Béhance
http://www.behance.net/GCStudio

2015-01-14, 15:08:36
Reply #26

PhilippeCV

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You did an awesome job!! I don't know if you work at ducati, but if I was you I would show them this, perhaps you could have a job with them! :)

2015-01-14, 18:27:55
Reply #27

enzodiac

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks all!

O-mans: It is based on the 916 frame. Swingarm is from a Ducati monster. Forks and suspension from Öhlins. Engine is from Ducati 900ss :)

RolandB: See my answer above. I actually agree with you on the matte black material. It is a bit too much. But then again I think it suits the overall feel. I might tweak it for future renders. Thanks for the feedback!

PhilippeCV: I tried to find a contact at Ducati but it turned out to be difficult. I might give it a try again hehe. I currently work as a lead vehicle artist on EA DICE.

2015-01-14, 19:30:44
Reply #28

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
PhilippeCV: I tried to find a contact at Ducati but it turned out to be difficult. I might give it a try again hehe. I currently work as a lead vehicle artist on EA DICE.

Cool, we should play battlefield 4 sometimes together :D
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-01-14, 22:58:32
Reply #29

PhilippeCV

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That's nice, I wish you good luck with that! Never stop, you will have it with your talent! :) I don't know anyone at Ducati unfortunately :/ I work as a 3D artist at Bombardier Aerospace, in Montreal Canada.