Author Topic: Chaos Corona 11 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 17105 times)

2023-07-10, 13:46:38

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Chaos Corona 11 for 3ds Max Daily Builds Discussion

You can grab the latest build from: Daily Builds Changelog
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2023-07-18, 22:54:08
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
All the feature request discussion was moved to appropriate topic. Please leave this topic for discussions about actual daily builds.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2023-08-17, 10:14:01
Reply #2

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Apologies as I haven't actually tested this in Corona 11, but something that really really bugs me, and I'm sure others is the usability of the new color correct multi-input.

When I have the default output plugged in and I change the number of additional outputs it disconnects the existing wire connected from the default ouput.

Can this please be fixed? Many thanks.
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2023-08-17, 13:09:54
Reply #3

Aram Avetisyan

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Apologies as I haven't actually tested this in Corona 11, but something that really really bugs me, and I'm sure others is the usability of the new color correct multi-input.

When I have the default output plugged in and I change the number of additional outputs it disconnects the existing wire connected from the default ouput.

Can this please be fixed? Many thanks.

Hi,

This is reported now. Please note, that this is purely visual - the Default output is actually connected and the render does not change. The "solution" for now is to plug the default output to the same (and/or other) slots and after that the decrease/increase of the additional outputs is correctly displayed in the material editor.
Note also, that when IR is running, the additional outputs changes are not updated. They will be correctly displayed only after rendering is stopped and the additional outputs number is changed - this is also reported.

(Internal ID=1185120894)
(Internal ID=1185122361)
Aram Avetisyan | chaos-corona.com
Chaos Corona Support Representative | contact us

2023-08-17, 14:27:07
Reply #4

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Note also, that when IR is running, the additional outputs changes are not updated. They will be correctly displayed only after rendering is stopped and the additional outputs number is changed - this is also reported.

Oh wow. This explains a lot! Good to know, I was not aware of this until now.

Thanks.
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2023-09-07, 13:28:22
Reply #5

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Will we be seeing chaos cloud integration pop up in any near future versions?

2023-09-07, 13:53:39
Reply #6

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
No immediate plans for Chaos Cloud, nothing decided upon for longer term plans either at the moment, sorry.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2023-09-08, 14:16:18
Reply #7

cgrobo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
After testing the new Intel GPU denoiser with the latest build, I've noticed that the image is being continuoisly denoised only when interactive rendering is running. If I actually render the image, denoising is not being applied while the image is rendering but is only applied after the rendering is stopped. With Nvidia Optix, the image will get continuoisly denoised while the rendering is running (doesn't need to be stopped).

So when using Intel OIDN how come the image not being continuoisly denoised in production rendering, the way it is being continuoisly denoised in interactive rendering?

2023-09-08, 14:20:46
Reply #8

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I think it's because in IR Corona is using Nvidia Optix, which is real-time denoiser and in production render it uses whichever denoiser that user selects.

2023-09-08, 14:31:24
Reply #9

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
After testing the new Intel GPU denoiser with the latest build, I've noticed that the image is being continuoisly denoised only when interactive rendering is running. If I actually render the image, denoising is not being applied while the image is rendering but is only applied after the rendering is stopped. With Nvidia Optix, the image will get continuoisly denoised while the rendering is running (doesn't need to be stopped).

So when using Intel OIDN how come the image not being continuoisly denoised in production rendering, the way it is being continuoisly denoised in interactive rendering?
The Intel GPU denoiser doesn't currently support IR. We are investigating if it is fast enough for it.

Thanks,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2023-09-08, 14:47:30
Reply #10

cgrobo

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2023-09-08, 14:50:26
Reply #11

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I will subspecify what would be fantastic for Intel DenoiserGPU, to continuosly apply in BOTH regular rendering and IR. Since it's always running off GPU, when selected, there should option for it always be available.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2023-09-08, 14:52:55
Reply #12

Vlad_the_rant

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Vladimir
    • View Profile
I can't help wondering how the Intel denoiser is fast enough for it to work in IR in vray but not Corona... different approach to CPU usage perhaps?
Don't get me wrong - I'm fully against denoisers I can't switch on or off at will during IR (rather not have a denoiser during IR at all than not be able to turn it off without restarting IR, like with Optix. Incidentally, also something Vray can and Corona can't do).
Just curious...

2023-09-08, 14:55:51
Reply #13

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Yeah it really should be a button for it in VFB, I mean technically there is on/off button in VFB but it doesn't do what it "should".
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2023-09-08, 15:13:14
Reply #14

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Yeah it really should be a button for it in VFB, I mean technically there is on/off button in VFB but it doesn't do what it "should".

How come? I think denoise checker in the VFB does exactly what it should, it's just it would be nice if it would work with IR also.