Author Topic: trying to build up a scene  (Read 47515 times)

2016-05-09, 16:24:42
Reply #60

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
i changed alot my workflow i used just to finish my render and change it a bit in photoshop for small glares and color correction, but now a days my scene is rendered in a very neutral light not too bright not too dark not burned and no contrast save as 32bit and do all of the constrast color and tone correction in nuke i feel i have more tools. i wish renders like corona could have a correct camera tone response and physically correct glares and flares it could save me a lot of steps.

I'm curious, when you say tools, do you mean nuke/nukeX defaults? or are you talking about addons for nuke? if addons mind letting me know which ones you use?  Like I love nuke as a tool and workflow, I just find hard it hard to justify due to quick turn arounds, tweaks and fixes that often happen last minute with renders these days.

2016-05-13, 04:36:46
Reply #61

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
For anyone looking for a free colour correct/grading tool in Nuke!

I found this:

LUE for nuke
http://hagbarth.net/?p=1001

It's flat out amazing!

2016-05-13, 05:11:41
Reply #62

zuliban

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hi snakebox sorry that i did not answer, the addons im using the most is baselight and bokeh by peregrine labs

2016-05-13, 05:46:39
Reply #63

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
hi snakebox sorry that i did not answer, the addons im using the most is baselight and bokeh by peregrine labs

Thank you for the info!

2016-05-13, 07:39:05
Reply #64

vkiuru

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Holy sh*t, I didn't even need to read your forums name to know it was Zuli, it's got such a strong familiar vibe to it. It's really nice to see your work, it's been a really long time. Welcome back!

2016-05-15, 06:22:57
Reply #65

mitviz

• Active Users
  • Architectural/Product Modeling and Rendering
    • View Profile
    • MITVIZ
i changed alot my workflow i used just to finish my render and change it a bit in photoshop for small glares and color correction, but now a days my scene is rendered in a very neutral light not too bright not too dark not burned and no contrast save as 32bit and do all of the constrast color and tone correction in nuke i feel i have more tools. i wish renders like corona could have a correct camera tone response and physically correct glares and flares it could save me a lot of steps.

amazing work! congrats!some of the most realistic stuff i have ever seen, everything with attention to detail and the imperfections really show off each object, would love to see the setup for this scene, if ever you get time in future please share! also how does nuke stand up to fusion for pp? i am looking into node editing for 32 bit images more and more but its hard to make a choice based on ease of use and price
Mitviz
Professional Modeling and Rendering Solutions
Intel core i7-5960x cpu @3 GHz, GeForce GTX 970

2016-05-15, 14:50:35
Reply #66

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media

amazing work! congrats!some of the most realistic stuff i have ever seen, everything with attention to detail and the imperfections really show off each object, would love to see the setup for this scene, if ever you get time in future please share! also how does nuke stand up to fusion for pp? i am looking into node editing for 32 bit images more and more but its hard to make a choice based on ease of use and price

I think it's also worth taking into count what you want to do with it later. Fusion is certainly still used, specially in Europe, but Nuke has slowly become a standard many industries including television and vfx, but for good reasons. And it's often less about what the tool can do directly thought nuke is amazing, but honestly you can do the same in fusion, and they work veeeery similarly. How ever if you don't know either of them, I find it hard to argue why you should pick up fusion over nuke, simply because nuke you can take anywhere, and it connects perfectly to things like deadline etc. 

It's a bit like someone getting into 3d sculpting, as great as a tool mudbox is, and yes its actually easier to do certain things... if you want to make yourself a favor in the long time, just learn Zbrush and deal with it. It opens up so many more doors down the track.

That said.. fusion is free for learning, and I think its the full fusion you get access to, where I think Nuke's trial is limited to the point where its nearly pointless.

Anyway just my thoughts and experience.   

2016-08-15, 11:00:43
Reply #67

visua

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Jeez, I would love to get some insight of your postpro, gotta love that cinematic look and
you realy nailed it, great job keep at it!

2016-08-29, 15:08:55
Reply #68

Paul Springer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Outrageous.  Don't show me final scene.  I can't handle it.

2017-03-08, 16:37:23
Reply #69

Naxos

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Very nice shaders work !!!

2017-03-08, 17:00:43
Reply #70

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, photoshop is limited in options for 32 bits and nuke has good post production addons

I can ask you what is your workflow to make postproduction?
you do post-production with the Corona vfb and then saved in exr and then worked in Nuke? because I saw that if you save with light mix, the image is clamped.

thank you so much
« Last Edit: 2017-03-12, 16:08:47 by fabio81 »

2017-03-23, 06:44:29
Reply #71

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
Hi, photoshop is limited in options for 32 bits and nuke has good post production addons

I can ask you what is your workflow to make postproduction?
you do post-production with the Corona vfb and then saved in exr and then worked in Nuke? because I saw that if you save with light mix, the image is clamped.

thank you so much

I can't speak for Zuli, but to get full value out of nukes tools, you need to output in a linear 32bit format, so all your corona framebuffer settings has to be 1.0 or default, no clamping etc etc. all the stuff you would do in the framebuffer, you do in nuke instead + more.

2017-04-04, 00:34:58
Reply #72

marius iordache

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net
This topic is named "trying".....are you kidding me? trying....ahahaha, the level of detail and dedication is amazing, i am pretty sure you live on another planet where day has 48 hrs or something.Congratulations