Author Topic: Corona Renderer 1.7 for 3ds Max Daily Build  (Read 56417 times)

2017-06-22, 17:31:03

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all!
A new Daily Build of Corona Renderer 1.7 for 3ds Max is out now, with over 40 improvements! Below you will find more information on some of the most significant new features to help you get started using them:

Full changelog available at:
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,15845.msg104095.html#msg104095

How to install daily builds:
https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000570015

IMPORTANT NOTE BEFORE YOU TEST:
Due to the significant changes in 1.7, scenes saved with 1.7 are NOT backwards compatible with 1.6.1 - if you save a scene using the 1.7 daily builds, you will not be able to open it with 1.6 or 1.6.1 installed.

What's New:

Hair and fur support
Ornatrix, Hair Farm and Native Hair&Fur are supported. A new Corona Hair Material has been added though this is still very much a work-in-progress, and this material does not currently work with the native 3ds Max Hair&Fur.

Some test renders by Luc Bégin (user Bigguns) are attached, you can see more test in the original thread at:
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,16581.0.html

Bump Converter
If you've ever run into some maps looking different when connected to the Bump slot of a material, (things like the Cellular and Marble maps are examples), this new Converter solves that and lets you use almost any map to generate Bump. It also has the ability to vary the strength of the bump, and to blur the map.

UVW Randomizer
Similar to the familiar MultiMap, the UVW Randomizer allows you to randomly affect UVW scale, rotation and offset based on material id, object id, per instance, etc.

MultiMap Blurring
You can now set blur amount for all maps plugged into the CoronaMultiMap at once instead of changing it for each map one by one.

UHD Cache and LUT asset tracking
This means that these files get packed when archiving a scene, they can be retargeted, and there is a warning on opening the scene if they are missing.

VFB Stats tooltips
Tooltips are now provided for each of the stats shown in the VFB Stats tab - if you're not familiar with what the stats show, these will tell you!

...and a lot of other improvements!
These include various speed improvements, fixes to the Corona Image Editor, fixed unnecessary restarts of IR when navigating in the Slate Material Editor and more - full details in the changelog.
« Last Edit: 2017-06-22, 17:43:11 by TomG »
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2017-06-22, 19:40:20
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Due to the significant changes in 1.7, scenes saved with 1.7 are NOT backwards compatible with 1.6.1 - if you save a scene using the 1.7 daily builds, you will not be able to open it with 1.6 or 1.6.1 installed.

Woah! I nearly made one big mistake. Thanks for warning :]

Great build BTW, i hope i will find more time to test it soon.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2017-06-22, 19:51:11
Reply #2

Monkeybrother

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Cool. Before I left work today I was swearing about there not being an easy way to randomize UV's quickly.

2017-06-22, 22:09:49
Reply #3

rambambulli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Uvw randomizer is great. Thanks guys!!

2017-06-23, 09:10:54
Reply #4

froebel20

• Active Users
    • View Profile
anytime soon something comparable like vray aerial perspective atmospheric fog coming? (i know it works with corona sun, but it doesnt with hdris)
would be awesome!

2017-06-23, 10:26:52
Reply #5

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
anytime soon something comparable like vray aerial perspective atmospheric fog coming? (i know it works with corona sun, but it doesnt with hdris)
would be awesome!

Well the V-Ray aerial perspective does not work with HDRI's either, afaik :)

2017-06-23, 10:50:41
Reply #6

Romas Noreika

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • romasnoreika
I just want to say big thank you for corona team/people for this amazing render engine :) Yesterday at home I installed vray 3.5 to try out what new. I must say after 10 min of testing new stuff - I said its a joke and turned it off. :D Goodbye vray.

At work we still use vray because the company is quite big and all the stuff here was made with vray from day one and some people minds are only on vray. Maybe there will be a day that we will switch to corona.

At home I always use corona now for freelancing and for my personal projects its amazing. And it is becoming more amazing every day. Because these guys are working so hard every day on it. :)

Thank you :)
« Last Edit: 2017-06-23, 10:54:51 by RomasNoreika »
RN

2017-06-23, 11:35:05
Reply #7

filippo.previtali

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
I have tried to install the latest daily build but as soon as I drag a new map (multimap for instance).....3dmax crashes and I have notoced a very slow refresh on the material previews. I have rolled back to the 1.6 and everything works fine.....is it just me?

Thanks

F

2017-06-23, 12:21:23
Reply #8

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models

I wonder if it's possible to make that Corona on opening would simply reset render settings of scenes saved with incompatible build, instead of crashing max down? Would be less stressful experience IMHO.

P.S. yeah, it turned out that i made that stupid mistake :/

2017-06-23, 13:20:38
Reply #9

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I have tried to install the latest daily build but as soon as I drag a new map (multimap for instance).....3dmax crashes and I have notoced a very slow refresh on the material previews. I have rolled back to the 1.6 and everything works fine.....is it just me?
Have you tried the new build? (22.06) If it still crashes, a minidump is needed: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000524006-how-to-report-issues-

@Romullus - Ondra told me that inability to roll back is a 3dsmax issue :/
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-06-23, 13:50:07
Reply #10

filippo.previtali

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Maru,
I am going to try again and will send the dump file in case I get the same error.

F

2017-06-23, 13:54:19
Reply #11

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
@Romullus - Ondra told me that inability to roll back is a 3dsmax issue :/

Sure sure, as always, blame 3ds max for everything :] Luckily it's not a big issue, since merge solves everything.

2017-06-23, 14:17:03
Reply #12

filippo.previtali

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Awesome. I have installed the .22 and works super smooth! The uvw randomiser is fanatstic!

Thanks a lot!

F

2017-07-07, 01:09:16
Reply #13

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
love your work guys!  Best rendering engine ever!

Ive been keeping a close eye on the road map - would you care to share details of the following elements listed on there?  So curious to know

Material library - Any details on this? what materials will you be adding?
Corona camera - What features will this have?

2017-07-07, 11:20:32
Reply #14

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Material library - Any details on this? what materials will you be adding?
Just a vague answer for now, more details will be unveiled later. ;)

Material library - most basic materials the user may need right after installing Corona Renderer - painted walls, metals, plastic, liquids, sss, and more. They will be just drag-and drop solution and very easy to tweak in case you need to update them for your needs.
Corona camera - probably same as physical/vray camera - one of the main reasons for adding it is to prevent confusion as to which of the available controls should be used when you have render settings, camera mod, and physical camera at your disposal.

2017-07-07, 12:08:09
Reply #15

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
definitely a dream comes true. I guess it will be PhysicalCamera + CoronaCamMod + Surprises ;)

2017-07-09, 16:51:03
Reply #16

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
definitely a dream comes true. I guess it will be PhysicalCamera + CoronaCamMod + Surprises ;)

I really hope it manages to combine all of the critical lens features like shift/tilt and the cameramod controls, so you don't need to keep flipping between two modifiers. And of course an end to the constant IR refreshing when using shift/tilt on physcam. Really excited for this!
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2017-07-09, 17:21:18
Reply #17

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
And of course an end to the constant IR refreshing when using shift/tilt on physcam. Really excited for this!

That's the reason for constant IR refresh ?

If so, would rather have this fixed and then need to use custom camera.

I have like zero issues with Physical camera otherwise then.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2017-07-09, 17:23:20
Reply #18

alexyork

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
And of course an end to the constant IR refreshing when using shift/tilt on physcam. Really excited for this!

If so, would rather have this fixed and then need to use custom camera.

I have like zero issues with Physical camera otherwise then.

IRRC they can't fix this - it's an AD issue. Far easier for them to write (and opens the door for lots of other cool stuff) to have a proper coronacamera.
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2017-07-10, 09:58:43
Reply #19

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Yipp. The physical cam is bugged in several ways. Try to animate/key shifts and soon you get the standard "Oh ok, I´ll apply the shifts as scaling to the camera object now because I live in a program by the you-know-who-company and don´t know anymore what do to now." - at least. Not to speak of how ISO vs. EV is handled when animating. And undo is all but reliable.

I´m also very excited about the Corona camera because it will solve almost all those Rendersettings vs. CameraMod vs. Camera vs. cVFB issues. But when I think about what it has to handle, it´s easy to imagine that it will get a large and critical part of Corona. So it will (hopefully) take its time.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2017-07-12, 20:19:00
Reply #20

PKonst

• Active Users
    • View Profile
To be fair new Physicalcam was written in co-op with Autodesk and taking into account that Ondra has access to Autodesk 3dsmax beta board it may have more sense fixing all the bugs / interop with Corona by connecting with Autodesk,
than writing new cam type.

2017-07-12, 20:39:12
Reply #21

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
That would be more sensible solution indeed, but the problem is that it would take at least couple of years for Autodesk to fix those bugs (hopefully they wouldn't introduce new ones in the process). Also that would leave not upgrading users to live with buggy camera for a looong time.

2017-07-12, 21:42:23
Reply #22

alexyork

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
That would be more sensible solution indeed, but the problem is that it would take at least couple of years for Autodesk to fix those bugs (hopefully they wouldn't introduce new ones in the process). Also that would leave not upgrading users to live with buggy camera for a looong time.

Also, it's not just about fixing the bugs with the physcam - it's hopefully about tying in all those standard physcam controls (like Tilt/Shift etc.) and bundling in the cameramod controls, so it's all there in one single max entity. It will make tweaking stuff so much quicker and easier. It might also open up the possibility for some more radical features, since it will be entirely under Corona's development. Far better long-term prospects there I reckon!
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2017-07-12, 23:32:13
Reply #23

PKonst

• Active Users
    • View Profile
If I'm not mistaken, current physical cam is partially (or solely) based on Vray's one, so there is a chance that these issues isn't completely Autodesk fault.
One of the reason of implementing that one - was wish to unify 3dsmax and vray cameras.

As I said earlier, it make sense for Corona devs to contact Autodesk and try to improve physical cam instead. Their work may be even paid (Autodesk often pays 3rd party devs for such stuff, including Boomer Labs for already implemented and wip stuff).
Also, 3dsmax devs are quite responsive during current beta cycle

2017-07-13, 10:26:55
Reply #24

alexyork

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
If I'm not mistaken, current physical cam is partially (or solely) based on Vray's one, so there is a chance that these issues isn't completely Autodesk fault.
One of the reason of implementing that one - was wish to unify 3dsmax and vray cameras.

As I said earlier, it make sense for Corona devs to contact Autodesk and try to improve physical cam instead. Their work may be even paid (Autodesk often pays 3rd party devs for such stuff, including Boomer Labs for already implemented and wip stuff).
Also, 3dsmax devs are quite responsive during current beta cycle

I disagree. If there's a choice to be made between trying to persuade AD to "fix" an already mostly working physcam, or letting the Corona chaps develop their own one, which will address those issues and with Corona fully integrated into it, is there really a choice? Seems obvious which one is going to 1) take less time 2) result in the best camera.
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2017-07-13, 11:54:28
Reply #25

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The Physical Camera lent a lot of code from VrayPhysCam. In fact, I remember seeing Vlado's comment that he's not 100% happy with Autodesk's implementation and decided to leave the original PhysCam in Vray's code, it's still accessible by mxs.

Getting Autodesk to fix the issues can easily take a year or two, as can be seen with various defects and requests. Even if they get around doing it soon you still don't know if things are going to be made easier for 3rd parties to build upon, or if new bugs are going to be introduced. There are some options that are ART-specific (bokeh controls, vignette) and don't match Corona's feature set. I'm all for a new camera, and maybe they can do some things better, like preview planes being bent accordingly to real world optics (for example, the focus plane is flat which is wrong, it *should* respect true distance from focal point and be spherical, applies to all camera the planes btw). Heck, we could even get a 'stored positions' rollout where we can conveniently store different positions for a camera etc. I'm all for a fresh new start.

2017-07-13, 12:07:15
Reply #26

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
we could even get a 'stored positions' rollout where we can conveniently store different positions for a camera etc.

It is called Timeline and works for every object and almost every value :) But yes, I know what you mean and I totally agree.

Good Luck

2017-07-13, 13:18:27
Reply #27

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
we could even get a 'stored positions' rollout where we can conveniently store different positions for a camera etc.

It is called Timeline and works for every object and almost every value :) But yes, I know what you mean and I totally agree.

Good Luck
Not when you render an animation and need your camera to be static, though ;)

2017-07-13, 14:19:59
Reply #28

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH

Position/Rotation List Controller. Then you could even blend by animating weights.

Your turn (maybe one last time before romullus points to the sideline ;)

Good Luck

2017-07-13, 15:00:11
Reply #29

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Position/Rotation List Controller. Then you could even blend by animating weights.

Your turn (maybe one last time before romullus points to the sideline ;)

Good Luck
I probably would't want to blend...and I would need to do the same thing for the target - way too many clicks for my taste. In any case, wouldn't it be WAY easier to have a rollout where I just hit a 'Store position' button? :D

2017-07-13, 15:58:09
Reply #30

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
I propably would never need something like that (even almost never use target cams). But yes, it would be easy to press a specific button for a specific need specifically for you. This is quite far away from the hosts applications general concepts but you may convince someone of your idea.

Let´s say draw then ;]

Good Luck

2017-07-13, 17:45:25
Reply #31

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
...Let´s say draw then ;]...
What game exactly did we play here - 'spot the troll' maybe?

2017-07-13, 23:11:44
Reply #32

marqueso

• Active Users
    • View Profile
are there plans to make custom lens flares like in the other render plugin?

2017-07-14, 08:14:55
Reply #33

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
What game exactly did we play here

Just a sporty way to discuss things, nevermind and sorry if it does not meet your style :)

Good Luck

2017-07-14, 09:43:25
Reply #34

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
are there plans to make custom lens flares like in the other render plugin?

I'm not aware of any plans to do that at this moment, but that can change anytime in the future :) Please make a separate post for this in the feature request section of the forum.

2017-07-14, 12:45:45
Reply #35

M0ntana

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sorry about my stupid question but what's the name of HDRI in Bump-Converter-anim.gif

2017-07-20, 15:05:12
Reply #36

PKonst

• Active Users
    • View Profile
[DONE] MASSIVE speedup - less noise

What's that? :D

2017-07-20, 16:20:59
Reply #37

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile

2017-07-22, 10:33:31
Reply #38

JViz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Behance
I've been reading these forums for months now. I cant believe this is my first post ever.

corona is the best arch viz renderer on the market no doubt. and I'm really excited for 1.7 features especially the random UVW map that serves my work really well

what I find actually "missing" in corona is two things:

1. a white balance color picker like what's found in Octane and Fstorm. I understand we've got temperature and tint corrections but why make it THAT tedious for the user when it can be a simple click that washes any color cast from the image. it just feels good :)

2. in VFB dof camera focus picker

keep up the good work people, you're the best
Although a purist, my work is anything but.
https://www.behance.net/ImageInnate

2017-07-24, 06:46:58
Reply #39

rocoho@yandex.ru

• Users
    • View Profile
Good afternoon!
I correctly understood that in version 1.7 there will be support for Phoenix FD? That is, it will be possible to make smoke, foam on water, etc.?

2017-07-24, 10:27:18
Reply #40

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I correctly understood that in version 1.7 there will be support for Phoenix FD? That is, it will be possible to make smoke, foam on water, etc.?
Yes, it's planned:
https://trello.com/b/EfPE4kPx/corona-road-map-3ds-max

2017-07-24, 10:28:32
Reply #41

alexyork

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
Yes, it's planned:

This is awesome news for a Monday morning.
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2017-07-24, 14:18:32
Reply #42

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Yes, it's planned:

This is awesome news for a Monday morning.

We are in contact with their developers, they are extremely helpful and want to make the integration happen too. We are starting the work this week.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-07-24, 14:56:15
Reply #43

BorderLine

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2017-07-24, 17:16:16
Reply #44

davemahi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • iamstatic
I am so happy about this. I really do love the Corona Devs!

2017-08-05, 17:44:13
Reply #45

ac3dartist

• Active Users
    • View Profile

[/quote]

[/quote]

I solved constant IR refresh disabling the cam target, i don't know why but physical cam target is slightly flickering and this cause continuous refresh.

2017-08-07, 13:38:52
Reply #46

sinjongthae

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Does CoronaUVWRandomizer work with material that has more than 1 map??? Eg: diffuse, reflection, glossiness, bump, etc...
Im asking bcuz I only see one slot for one CoronaUWVRandomizer.

2017-08-07, 14:08:25
Reply #47

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Of course it works, just put new uv randomizer for each map you want to randomize.

2017-08-07, 15:45:13
Reply #48

sinjongthae

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Of course it works, just put new uv randomizer for each map you want to randomize.

With the same settings, I presume. Can't imagine how weird it would be if I forgot something, lol.
Although I hope it will soon only need 1 CoronaUWVRandomizer with bunch of slots for each CoronaMtl Map slots, that way seem easier to use. Sorry about that, it just came right in to my mind moment ago.

2017-08-07, 17:33:13
Reply #49

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Well, you can always create something like this :] And you don't have to create from scratch everytime - save it to your matlib and reuse it when needed.

2017-08-07, 19:20:30
Reply #50

sinjongthae

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Actually, This is what I really meant.

Sorry about the image though, Bcuz I rarely use forum. ^_^

2017-08-30, 12:13:13
Reply #51

joonior1985

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi there,

the images below are comparision between 1.6.2 and daily build of 1.7. Actually can't see the difference in noise level which is a surprise because I was hoping that "Massive speedup" will be at least visible :P

2017-08-30, 12:39:41
Reply #52

Ryuu

• Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Well, you shouldn't see any major difference between these two versions. The DMC sampler taken from VRay has already been present in 1.6.2 :)

2017-08-31, 21:30:18
Reply #53

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
there are other speedups, but they are more specific - colored materials, lots of glass situations
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-09-18, 09:38:14
Reply #54

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Can you add your own materials to the material libraries?
What about categories?

2017-09-18, 09:56:35
Reply #55

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
What about categories?
Not yet, but both will be possible in the future, probably post-1.7.

2017-09-18, 10:10:39
Reply #56

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
What about categories?
Not yet, but both will be possible in the future, probably post-1.7.

Cool thanks. Would be a great feature to be able to categorise your own materials for those of us who with with the same matlibs often

2017-09-19, 19:27:35
Reply #57

3dvizual

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Would be great if you could override the exposure with the new Corona Cam. Hope this will be implemented.

2017-09-20, 11:00:01
Reply #58

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Would be great if you could override the exposure with the new Corona Cam. Hope this will be implemented.

It's right there, in the Tone Mapping rollout. It's true that tone mapping is not directly related to exposure, so maybe it needs better place in the UI.

2017-09-29, 16:44:43
Reply #59

benlegentil

• Users
    • View Profile
When using the RC3 on a HiDPI screen (Macbook pro running windows 10") the text of the unticked parameters in the VFB are much smaller (like they used to be before the HiDPI support) than when those parameters are ticked

2017-10-02, 16:42:39
Reply #60

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
When using the RC3 on a HiDPI screen (Macbook pro running windows 10") the text of the unticked parameters in the VFB are much smaller (like they used to be before the HiDPI support) than when those parameters are ticked
Hi, please can you provide us a screenshot? I am not sure what is wrong since I cannot reproduce the issue on my system.
Chaos Scatter developer | In case of crash, please send minidump | Private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload

2017-10-05, 13:23:58
Reply #61

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Anybody know why I'm getting these light/dark squares on what is essentially a flat white wall?  Using 1.7 RC5

All rendered on a single machine

2017-10-05, 13:38:39
Reply #62

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Anybody know why I'm getting these light/dark squares on what is essentially a flat white wall?  Using 1.7 RC5

All rendered on a single machine

I've just figured this out, was using  VRAY HDRI map for my HDRI with a high Multiplier (10), switching to a Corona Bitmap for the HDRI and just adjusting the Output Amount fixed those odd buckets

2017-10-05, 16:39:57
Reply #63

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Fixed. But the fix will be in 1.8 dailies.
« Last Edit: 2017-10-07, 02:18:00 by mike288 »
Chaos Scatter developer | In case of crash, please send minidump | Private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload

2017-10-05, 22:59:28
Reply #64

Earanak

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This is only about "Daily Builds and Release Candidate" ? I mean - after "Stable Release" Corona 1.7 will it be compatible with 1.5-1.6 ?

P.S. Sorry if someone already asked about it.

UPD Haha, unbelievable timing, really. RC7 Version what i need.
« Last Edit: 2017-10-05, 23:19:47 by Earanak »

2017-10-05, 23:03:48
Reply #65

Ryuu

• Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Well, you've got good timing ;)

RC7. At this moment we are just waiting for the rounded edges, and some last direct light solver fixes
  • Corona 1.7 scenes can now be opened in 1.6

2017-10-05, 23:06:33
Reply #66

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi. According to the changelog, this should be fixed in the latest released daily - RC7 (just released). Haven't tried it yet tho.

Edit: Beaten by Keymaster  Ryuu :) + :) :)
« Last Edit: 2017-10-06, 13:16:40 by PROH »

2017-10-06, 13:10:42
Reply #67

Ryuu

• Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile

2017-10-06, 13:17:29
Reply #68

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
..are you sure??? :) OK then, fixed.

2017-10-06, 16:38:56
Reply #69

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
IR Seems to be buggy as heck in the last two RC's (6 and 7)
Lots of unresponsive windows , alot of UI refreshing on a very very simple scene with about 8 boxes and a hdr environment.
Often the max viewport locks up entirely and then flies off in a random direction.

Max 2017 with RC7 and a Dual xeon machine qith 128gb ram and a GTX 1080 8GB

EDIT: This also happens in Max 2018 and stops when you close the IR window.

Rendering the initial pass of the scene seems to take an age too. Happy to send over the scene.
« Last Edit: 2017-10-06, 16:47:59 by jpjapers »

2017-10-06, 16:55:56
Reply #70

Ryuu

• Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Is it just one scene, or does it behave similarly on other scenes as well? If it's just this scene, then yes, please send it.

2017-10-06, 17:07:45
Reply #71

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is it just one scene, or does it behave similarly on other scenes as well? If it's just this scene, then yes, please send it.

Tried on two scenes made in their respective max versions. Do you want it on mantis anyway?
« Last Edit: 2017-10-06, 17:12:41 by jpjapers »

2017-10-10, 10:13:08
Reply #72

Mario Rothenbühler

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • ROBO STUDIO GmbH
dear corona team,
i installed 1.7 rc7

i missing the mat library on max 2018
in max 2015 the mat lib works without problems.

i use win 8.1. 3dsmax 2018.3, corona 1.7 rc7, vray 3.60.03

any ideas how to fix this?

thank you for your answer in advance

/.mario'

ROBO STUDIO GmbH
Ringstrasse 40  | 4900 Langenthal
mr@robostudio.swiss  | Mobile: +41 794 808 193
www.robostudio.swiss

2017-10-10, 11:01:04
Reply #73

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Do you have Corona Renderer installed in 3ds Max 2018?
In your screenshot it looks like you have Vray selected as your renderer.

Please try re-installing Corona, and there should be a "Corona" item in the top menu in 3ds Max. Under that menu you should find the "Material Library" item.

2017-10-10, 11:11:23
Reply #74

Mario Rothenbühler

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • ROBO STUDIO GmbH
yes, corona is installed correctly on max 2015 and 2018

but only the corona menü won't show

thank you

/.mario'
ROBO STUDIO GmbH
www.robostudio.swiss

2017-10-10, 13:03:13
Reply #75

Philip kelly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Sketchrender
Hi

I am really looking forward to the latest update, but when will it be out officially?
Always afraid of major crashes on a dead line.

Thank you

philip
Dell Precision T7910

2017-10-10, 23:49:06
Reply #76

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
yes, corona is installed correctly on max 2015 and 2018

but only the corona menü won't show

thank you

/.mario'
Hi, try to delete C:\Users\YOUR_NAME\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2018 - 64bit\ENU\en-US\plugcfg\CoronaRendererMenus.ini (use your name in the path) and restart Max. The menu should be recreated. By the way, Material Library can be also started from Scene tab in Render Setup.
« Last Edit: 2017-10-11, 11:52:03 by mike288 »

2017-10-11, 13:22:01
Reply #77

FSofCG

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • French School of CG
The Corona Material Library disapeared ?
French School of CG
www.fsofcg.com

2017-10-11, 13:57:11
Reply #78

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
The Corona Material Library disapeared ?
If the Corona menu does not show up for you, follow the post above yours. Or is there another problem with Material Library? Please, be more specific.

2017-10-11, 14:32:50
Reply #79

Mario Rothenbühler

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • ROBO STUDIO GmbH
dear corona team

i deleted the file... and miracle.... the library is back (problem solved)

thank you...

/.mario'
ROBO STUDIO GmbH
www.robostudio.swiss

2017-10-15, 17:54:04
Reply #80

Geezer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I have an issue with 1.7 rc8.
I saw this with older versions as well.
So I was rendering a new region but the render output path in the common tab was inactive but the render elements were on.
I kept the elements on because I needed some of them.
But in the end the end corona (or max) updated the already saved (full frame) elements with the region ones.
If the output path is not active don`t save the elements !
Please fix this super annoying bug.

2017-10-16, 13:27:07
Reply #81

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Hi,

So I was rendering a new region but the render output path in the common tab was inactive but the render elements were on.
But in the end the end corona (or max) updated the already saved (full frame) elements with the region ones.
Hi, unfortunately, saving is being done by Max not by Corona.

2017-10-16, 17:38:28
Reply #82

hrisek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Free 3D Trees, Plants, 2 People
I'm using Corona Alpha6 for 3ds max (very,very old version corona, but it's free). I installed 1.7 RC5 and i made test for my interior scene which was rendered in Alpha6.
A) Alpha6 - 100 passes, 120 minutes, most shadows areas are noise clean (prepass included in render time).
after that i spent some time to get similar results in 1.7 RC5 (i made over 10 tests increasing passes, and i zoomed in every render test which i've done in 1.7 RC5, as long as i see no difference in noise areas. The reason is fact that Alpha has no NOISE parameter in output buffer to compare with RC5 renders).
Result after tests:
B) Corona 1.7 RC5 with denoising 0.5 - 40 passes + denoise took 14 mintues (with prepass).
For me is very simple calculation - 10 times faster with the same quality.
Resolution was 1920x1080. Typical interior scene with tables, chairs, office furnitures, artificial lights (ies) and small window for sky light.
What can i say - congratulations for Corona Team :) that's a reason to get Corona 1.7 licence and unistall Alpha6 Version:)
Greetings!

2017-10-19, 12:52:17
Reply #83

Geezer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Hi, unfortunately, saving is being done by Max not by Corona.
I had a feeling about that.
But at the same time, it does not happen to vray or other renderers.
It is not about comparing the two which one is better but you cant just say "its 3ds max" and this is what you get.
At the end of the day, I want my images to be saved and not to be afraid what the hell I will find (or not find) on the next morning in the output folder.
Any ideas how to bypass this other than merging/deleting render elements every time I send something to deadline?

2017-10-19, 14:32:57
Reply #84

build

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi.

I think there is a bug in corona camera. I am using 1.7 RC8 with max 18.3

In the corona camera I use the "Automatic Vertical Tilt" option. It works fine. But when I hide cameras using "Hide by Category" in max the tilt function is enabled but not working in the display port or while rendering.

Tim

2017-10-21, 21:40:13
Reply #85

alonerone

• Users
    • View Profile
Hey guys, it looks like the option "Convert To Max Geometry" is broken with Corona Scatter (max 2017.1, release candidate 10).
It does create the geometry but max crashes instantly afterwards, even with very few box instances.
Alex

2017-10-21, 23:55:13
Reply #86

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey guys, it looks like the option "Convert To Max Geometry" is broken with Corona Scatter (max 2017.1, release candidate 10).
It does create the geometry but max crashes instantly afterwards, even with very few box instances.
Alex
reproduced, will fix

2017-10-22, 00:01:27
Reply #87

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Speaking about "Convert to Max Geometry" then I think it would be extremely useful to ad a "Convert to one object" option.

2017-10-22, 17:04:54
Reply #88

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
you mean doing what "collapse" does?

2017-10-22, 17:55:13
Reply #89

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes. Didn't know I could use "Collapse" on C-Scatter, and never tried. If that can be done, then dump my wish.

Edit: Just tried to use "Collapse" on a C-Scatter object, and it doesn't work without having used "Convert to Max geometry" first. And that's my point: Having the C-Scatter result converted to one mesh in on go would be extremely useful.
« Last Edit: 2017-10-22, 18:05:49 by PROH »

2017-10-23, 15:44:27
Reply #90

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
fixed

2017-10-23, 16:25:42
Reply #91

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I wonder if CScatter could be made to work with mesher? That would be even better than collapse.

2017-10-23, 16:28:53
Reply #92

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
hmm, that would require the scatter to work as particle system... not impossible, but... :D

2017-10-23, 16:33:19
Reply #93

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I withdraw my suggestion then, CScatter still needs much more important features. Better not to waste time on something that can be easily done in other ways and potentially degrade performance :]

2017-10-23, 16:47:00
Reply #94

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
..hmmmm.. Converting 100.000 C-scatter objects to Max objects might be easy, but from that point on nothing seems easy for Max. In fact even selecting them all can be impossible for Max to handle..