Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.0 - 1.4  (Read 244798 times)

2016-02-28, 10:40:26
Reply #795

cgiout

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I am not experiencing this. Is this happening only in some heavier scenes? In scenes from previous versions? Can you send a sample scene where this happens?
There were some reports about Win10+ui lagginess...

I found out what it is, if windows 10 Defender is scanning the hard drive, even using 1 or 2 MB per second and almsot no cpu at all, still it brings the max interface to a laggy sluggish mood, only solution is to turn off windows defender! works instantly.

Personally I'm not having any issues with IR now, but that fabulous piece of "Microsoft magic" can and was slowing down things tremendously, until I completely disabled it using this http://www.download3k.com/articles/How-to-Turn-Off-Windows-Defender-Permanently-in-Windows-10-01350 method - now it is completely gone and doesn't come back nor after some time of usage nor after reboot. Try that, maybe it helps.
Ok, don't consider my post...there's something wrong with may 3dsmax installation...also reverting to 1.3 it crashes as never before.

2016-02-29, 10:18:59
Reply #796

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Regarding the Windows Defender, instead of totally disabling it, you can just set exceptions for certain folders (e.g. the Max installation folder or the folders where you keep the scenes). This way it will still protect your system without slowing down your work that much.

2016-02-29, 20:29:06
Reply #797

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Does Corona installer always has to install "additional magic from Microsoft"? Couldn't it just check if that magic already there and skip installation if it's not needed?
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-02-29, 21:46:26
Reply #798

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
I guess it could, but I am not exactly sure how to reliably check for that, so... it does not make any harm ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-03-02, 00:28:29
Reply #799

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
denoising/adaptivity daily is out!
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-03-02, 01:07:39
Reply #800

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks very much!!!
Super!!! It's working also via DR?
I have some problem's with this///

2016-03-02, 08:21:24
Reply #801

Alessandro

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • DotLab Srl
Could you pinpoint what daily build you have used exactly, when encountered that bump problem?

Romullus, a few days ago I had the same problem working for a business partner. He start to work with downloaded Corona 1.3 as a demo, we have prepared some scenes, and a few days ago he has bought a licence, so I upgrade his system with the last daily build, and then the scenes (with the same texture I use in mine) show the same problem I've got with mine.
My Ducati or a render with Corona.....mmm, hard question!

2016-03-02, 08:45:56
Reply #802

Alessandro

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • DotLab Srl

I'm testing the new daily in a job. I find the noise filter amazing!! It should be so useful also in low quality preview, it create a visible aliasing but good for a preview, very fast and good result. I'll try better for final images.
About adaptive, how do the scale works? In the last months I've used also Vray for a business partner (and I've converted them to Corona ;) ) and I find su useful in Vray adaptive a render mode that show you using red dots the area where vray is working on, this help you a lot to set the limit value for adaptive. Is there a similar way to do that with Corona? Any ideas?

Edit: maybe show in frame buffer stats a value indicating the noise limit Corona has arrived to in real time...
« Last Edit: 2016-03-02, 08:49:18 by Alessandro »

2016-03-02, 08:59:27
Reply #803

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile

I'm testing the new daily in a job. I find the noise filter amazing!! It should be so useful also in low quality preview, it create a visible aliasing but good for a preview, very fast and good result. I'll try better for final images.
About adaptive, how do the scale works? In the last months I've used also Vray for a business partner (and I've converted them to Corona ;) ) and I find su useful in Vray adaptive a render mode that show you using red dots the area where vray is working on, this help you a lot to set the limit value for adaptive. Is there a similar way to do that with Corona? Any ideas?

Edit: maybe show in frame buffer stats a value indicating the noise limit Corona has arrived to in real time...

I noticed that aliasing too.. other than that, it seems really great so far.

2016-03-02, 09:32:52
Reply #804

bs

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • bildstaerke | raumstaerke
hey guys,

i have a problem with the latest daily build from 2.3... i have done what i did every time in the past but somehow it did not work this time =)
win 10 | asus z10pe-d8 ws | dual xeon e5-2786w v4 | 128gb kingston 2400 ecc | 2080ti | samsung ssd 940 evo | asus pa329
c4d r20+r21 | sketchup | vectorworks
working alone, with my girlfriend, in cooperation and with freelancers for our own projects and for externals

2016-03-02, 09:34:18
Reply #805

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hey guys,

i have a problem with the latest daily build from 2.3... i have done what i did every time in the past but somehow it did not work this time =)

Do you have the latest "dlls into max root..." from dropbox copied to your max folder?

2016-03-02, 09:35:53
Reply #806

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
    [/list]Added denoising and image adaptivity options. They are still WIP. Adaptivity is enabled by default, denoising can be enabled in performance rollout.

Mine is off by default for some reason. Not complaining, just stating. Actually i like it that way :]

Ondra, may i ask why stop render on error treshold control was removed? I liked that option and i think it was requested not once here on forums. Will you bring it back at some point? Scratch that, i just found that control under general settings! :]

2016-03-02, 09:43:08
    Reply #807

romullus

• Global Moderator
    • Active Users
      • View Profile
      • My Models
    Could you pinpoint what daily build you have used exactly, when encountered that bump problem?

Romullus, a few days ago I had the same problem working for a business partner. He start to work with downloaded Corona 1.3 as a demo, we have prepared some scenes, and a few days ago he has bought a licence, so I upgrade his system with the last daily build, and then the scenes (with the same texture I use in mine) show the same problem I've got with mine.

Hey Alessandro, could you recap in one post what's exactly the problem is, i'm kinda lost here. So, you're saying that you (or you friend) prepared scene in 1.3 which looks good and install daily and bump looks weird? Too strong, too weak, or what?

2016-03-02, 10:24:20
    Reply #808

Alessandro

• Active Users
      • View Profile
      • DotLab Srl

Hey Alessandro, could you recap in one post what's exactly the problem is, i'm kinda lost here. So, you're saying that you (or you friend) prepared scene in 1.3 which looks good and install daily and bump looks weird? Too strong, too weak, or what?

Let me have a few minutes, I'll open a post on Bugs and I'll link it here. Thx

2016-03-02, 10:43:31
    Reply #809

Noah45

• Active Users
    • press *1
      • View Profile
    hey guys,

X2 . placed in correct dir's
    Retail Illustrator  (for ever' 80's )
    3DMax 2020/Corona Version: 6DB