Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.0 - 1.4  (Read 244774 times)

2016-02-16, 19:48:14
Reply #765

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
is it purely because you can just install corona on nodes without max?

You can even think about mixed environments. Having OsX boxes or maybe someday slaves running Linux. All with extremely low memory overhead and speed gain.

Good Luck

(oops I wrote the *ix word)
Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2016-02-17, 09:26:55
Reply #766

rambambulli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@Maru
Which version of Corona are you using? This problem should not appear in the newer ones...

Corona 1.3 works fine. I installed the 27-01 daily build (not the latest, I know.) I'll install the 16-02  today and test it.
For the 27-01 build the "old"workaround with the space a group seperator worked.

2016-02-17, 09:40:07
Reply #767

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
what country locale do you have set? And how did you you originally change it?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-02-17, 11:11:08
Reply #768

Alessandro

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • DotLab Srl
Using last two daily builds, I'v got some problems with bump map value, I've just turn from 60 to 0,01 and finally I disable it otherwise my wood floor seems to have canyon inside.. just me?
My Ducati or a render with Corona.....mmm, hard question!

2016-02-17, 13:14:58
Reply #769

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Using last two daily builds, I'v got some problems with bump map value, I've just turn from 60 to 0,01 and finally I disable it otherwise my wood floor seems to have canyon inside.. just me?
What kind of bump map is that? Greyscale or rgb normal map? So you switched from 1.3 to the daily builds and there was this difference?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-02-17, 16:11:05
Reply #770

Alessandro

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • DotLab Srl
What kind of bump map is that? Greyscale or rgb normal map? So you switched from 1.3 to the daily builds and there was this difference?

No, I switched two days ago from 2015-12-19 release (I think, I'm not fully sure) to 2016-01-27, the same with the last one.
Bump map is a rgb JPG. I attach the difference I've got with the same map on different release.
Actually, it seems bumps doesn't work with the old release (please don't ask me how couldn't see it before...), but with the 2016-02-16 it works too much! a value of 0,01 and you can see a signed bump, imho is a little out of scale.

I'm sorry I can't be 100% sure about previous release I was using :(

PS: feel free to move this conversation in a more appropriate thread.

2016-02-17, 23:25:14
Reply #771

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This may be a silly suggestion but try removing the bitmap node completely and loading the map in a new node, then check if it works better.
I say this because when moving to new releases there has been some times when the bitmaps were corrupted and I had to reload them.

Cheers.

2016-02-18, 10:25:43
Reply #772

Alessandro

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • DotLab Srl
This may be a silly suggestion but try removing the bitmap node completely and loading the map in a new node, then check if it works better.
I say this because when moving to new releases there has been some times when the bitmaps were corrupted and I had to reload them.

Cheers.
Thanks for the idea, but same result.

2016-02-18, 14:09:36
Reply #773

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
Hello, some thoughts on your problem. Well, even if it very much depends on the bitmap used in bump slot, still I rarely go above 0.1 values for materials such as these - it surely does look that for some reason it just wasn't working in previous releases cause the value of 70 should produce such or even more exaggerated and unnatural results and I'm quite surprised it did produce such a relatively timid result with that value in the latest build which makes me suggest that, somehow, the max's bitmap loader changed\messed up gamma input settings so just try to change input gamma manually and see how it fares then, still it is really hard to tell without seeing the actual bitmap itself. 

2016-02-18, 17:47:04
Reply #774

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
With the latest build, my max scene which has rendered fine and stable for the last few dailies, consistently crashes at a random point.  Max2016 crashes to desktop kind of crash, but It happened first time while I was away, and it had crashed when I got back. looked like it had gotten through ~90 passes on this job, but it just happened again around pass 2 when I started it again.

Not sure if anyone else has noticed that the latest build is unstable, but I'm guessing it's doing something different as it only just happened after installing it.

2016-02-18, 17:50:12
Reply #775

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
With the latest build, my max scene which has rendered fine and stable for the last few dailies, consistently crashes at a random point.
Minidump? :)
https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000524006
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-02-18, 22:49:06
Reply #776

kumodot

• Active Users
  • Corona ADDICTED and Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • Kumodot
 And Hopefully we could render Max projects using Corona in a possible future-StandAlone version of Corona for Linux... That's a pretty good news, because in many places the entire renderfarm is linux Based, so anything from Max is not allowed. :(

Cool new daily build!  This may be a strange question, but what would the practical benefit be of using Corona stand-alone for rendering if you already are in a MAX / corona environment?  is it purely because you can just install corona on nodes without max?  thanks
yes, DR without max, also it may be faster and consume less memory. But right now we are in experimental/testing phase - I would like to know if it is possible to match 3dsmax output (I need to get some priority-list of missing features for that), and how much faster it is. If everything goes well, we may have 3dsmax-less DR. Or even switch regular rendering to this method (internally - so user still has the same workflow, only it is faster)
Your Portuguese is worse than my english.
--------------------------------------------
3DGeneralist/Vfx Supervisor

2016-02-19, 08:58:18
Reply #777

Alessandro

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • DotLab Srl
Hello, some thoughts on your problem. Well, even if it very much depends on the bitmap used in bump slot, still I rarely go above 0.1 values for materials such as these - it surely does look that for some reason it just wasn't working in previous releases cause the value of 70 should produce such or even more exaggerated and unnatural results and I'm quite surprised it did produce such a relatively timid result with that value in the latest build which makes me suggest that, somehow, the max's bitmap loader changed\messed up gamma input settings so just try to change input gamma manually and see how it fares then, still it is really hard to tell without seeing the actual bitmap itself.

Thx for your post, pling with input gamma does not give significant result. I attach a part of the texture, so you can play too if you want.
This morning I have some test. Using this texture as bump, any bump value from 10 to 99 give a little difference. Little difference from 5 to 10. Significant difference from 5 to1. Important difference from 1 to 0, I find this map usable at about 0.02 or 0.01
Is it me, is it the map, or bump scale factor have to be adjust a little?

2016-02-19, 09:03:21
Reply #778

Alessandro

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • DotLab Srl
These are two test, bump amout 1 and 0,02

2016-02-19, 09:19:42
Reply #779

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
So what is the problem? Bump map amount mostly make sense in 0-1 range. And as i see from your latest examples it works as excpected. Do you expect shader would rise canyons and dig valeys if you set bump amount to 99? :]
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures