Significantly faster DOF (Depth of Field) rendering
25 (5.4%)
Sketch/Toon/Stylized shader
29 (6.2%)
Dedicated CarPaint Shader
7 (1.5%)
Dedicated fabrics shader
27 (5.8%)
Lightmix extended to materials, textures, ...
27 (5.8%)
Interactive rendering in 3ds max viewport (with gizmos, object selection, manipulation, ...)
16 (3.4%)
Rendering memory usage improvements
16 (3.4%)
Speed of rendering improvements
42 (9%)
Speed of interactive rendering improvements specifically
31 (6.7%)
GPU/Hybrid rendering
88 (18.9%)
Stability improvements (bug fixes)
12 (2.6%)
Improvements to caustics
23 (4.9%)
Thin film/coating shader
5 (1.1%)
Parsing performance optimization (e.g. for animations)
40 (8.6%)
New and better frame buffer (docked and floating)
23 (4.9%)
Further improvements to Chaos Scatter
15 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 178

Author Topic: The most wanted feature?  (Read 524287 times)

2014-01-08, 10:31:04
Reply #105

Nupsi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I´m quite surprised about how few voted for pflow-support :-o

2014-01-09, 00:49:32
Reply #106

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I´m quite surprised about how few voted for pflow-support :-o

I don't find it so surprising. (on other hand, I am bit surprised by SSS) It's vastly overstated how many VFX/Entertainment freelancers are out there compared to Design field. Those heavy trained in particles already have pretty good tools in their hands or are mostly part of pipeline build upon set tools. I am pretty interested if development will mirror some market analysis or follow the wishes of loudest crowd :- )
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2014-01-09, 01:00:42
Reply #107

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
I am pretty interested if development will mirror some market analysis or follow the wishes of loudest crowd :- )

The loudest crowd tends to be from a certain eastern country, where people tend not to buy many licences of any software, so certain caution might be applied when interpreting the results.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-01-09, 01:12:04
Reply #108

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I am pretty interested if development will mirror some market analysis or follow the wishes of loudest crowd :- )

The loudest crowd tends to be from a certain eastern country, where people tend not to buy many licences of any software, so certain caution might be applied when interpreting the results.

True, that was the wrong side I meant :- )
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2014-01-09, 11:49:37
Reply #109

astudio

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • A-Studio
As for me, I never have time for SSS, particles, light beams in the fog and other so important but long rendered things. Sometimes it's sad, but when you get money it's over. ;)

2014-01-09, 17:20:49
Reply #110

davemahi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • iamstatic
Problem for not having PFlow support is that I use it for all sorts of things. Not just for making smoke.....
I use it in modeling, adding details, scattering, as well as for making abstract shapes for design work. It is such a versatile tool that spans many workflows for me.

I don't think the Mesher object would cut for me in the long run. And to be fair, Corona sort of needs to come out of the gate and support as much as it can :)

2014-01-09, 17:24:41
Reply #111

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Probably all of the things on the list except out of the core will make it into Corona before retail release. Results of this poll just affect the order in which they are added.

2014-01-10, 08:35:38
Reply #112

Nupsi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Problem for not having PFlow support is that I use it for all sorts of things. Not just for making smoke.....
I use it in modeling, adding details, scattering, as well as for making abstract shapes for design work. It is such a versatile tool that spans many workflows for me.
Same here! PFlow is such a powerfull tool for adding all kind of details and effects. Right now I´m using the mesher if possible to get around with. But it gets kind of frustrating, especially when I need to change some settings. On the other hand, Corona is evolving so fast, that it almost does´nt matter, which feature comes first! Looking forward to Alpha 6 :-)

Nupsi

2014-02-17, 09:06:27
Reply #113

Dexyd

• Active Users
  • Don't be a thief of your own life....
    • View Profile
    • Dexyd
Yup, missing the particles big-time.....

2014-02-17, 12:13:12
Reply #114

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Adding my 2 cents:

I really need the "render to texture" feature enabled. I use it all the time for game development to bake lightmaps e.t.c. I normally use Vray to do this, but have to brute force everything else it's a splotchy mess.

This feature also comes in massively handy for fly-through animations (I'm sure the arch-viz guys here can relate). For example, rather than calculating GI for every frame of the animation, you calculate it once, bake the lighting solution per-object as a texture and then render in scanline / without GI at a speed of seconds per 1080p frame, as opposed to minutes / hours per frame.

This is the last piece of the puzzle that would allow me to fully ditch Vray and purchase a Corona license upon release.
Vray who?

2014-02-22, 19:11:02
Reply #115

Fibonacci

• Active Users
  • 3Dmanufaktura
    • View Profile
Well, this is not really important for everybody, but nice and handy for the texture artists's feature, should be nice in the Corona.

This is something "TextureMap Preview", which make a render of the currently selected texture map from the material editor/slate editor on the objects. The "ShowMap In Viewport" function is really bad, not give good and accurate result. And if it should be working with procedurals, that's goin' to be perfect.  :)

Cheers!
Holy Corona : the materials is the clue.

2014-02-22, 19:43:03
Reply #116

gabrielefx

• Active Users
    • View Profile
what about fog?

I'm trying to using the Max legacy fog with no lucky...

Do I need to save a z-depth pass and create it in post?

regards

2014-03-10, 19:02:34
Reply #117

Chakib

• Active Users
  • Corona Omnomnomer !
    • View Profile
Can't wait for the sss, maybe in the beta?

2014-03-20, 20:01:02
Reply #118

Fibonacci

• Active Users
  • 3Dmanufaktura
    • View Profile
SSS

Blend

Falloff texture and OTHER PROCEDURALS... :)
Holy Corona : the materials is the clue.

2014-03-20, 20:54:32
Reply #119

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Falloff texture and OTHER PROCEDURALS... :)

How is this not supported?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us