Author Topic: Corona Mirrored HDRI Correct or Wrong?  (Read 3782 times)

2019-08-16, 16:01:39

Romas Noreika

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • romasnoreika
Does anyone know what is the deal with flipped hdri reflection? Same hdri same scene same glass mtl same camera settings. Left is corona right is fstorm.

So I did put my name in red on hdri. Loaded in corona and fstrom. When I was looking directly into hdri with camera, with corona my name was written backwards. But in a mirror it was written correctly.(Which I assume is the correct way)...

With fstorm did not matter if I look at the hdri directly or in a mirror my name was in a correct orientation. ROMAS and not spelled backwards.

So in this example(attached) you can see that reflections are different but it has the same scene setup. Even the shadows are flipped.

Does anyone know anything in regards to this situation? So which way is the correct way? Is Fstorm is doing this right or corona. I assume corona is doing it right ;/

BOTH SCENES ARE IDENTICAL

What do you think?
RN

2019-08-16, 18:57:48
Reply #1

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi. Corona is doing this the same way as 3dsMax is doing it. That's why the horizontal scale should be set to -1.

AFAIK all this relates to spherical mapping being projected from the outside, even when it's used in environment, where the sphere is looked at from the inside. Some renderes has chosen to automatically flip the horizontal orientation when used in environment, but not Corona.