Author Topic: Corona_MASK element and Itoo Forest Pro OBJECT ID.  (Read 3423 times)

2019-01-31, 11:23:09

Romas Noreika

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • romasnoreika
Hello everyone,

I have one problem with corona and forest pro Object ID.

So I created a lawn/grass with Itoo Forest Pro. The grass geometry is custom made, but this is not a problem.

The problem is - when I pick Corona MASK element in the elements tab. I sed it to RGB and a checkbox on OBJ ID - which is 1-2-3. So in my case I right click on the forest pro object go to properties and put object ID as 1.

So my MASK element RED channel 1 should show the grass mask. But its rendering it in BLACK. Basically corona obj ID buffer does not see that I set 1 obj ID on the grass/forest object.

Is it that forest pro is not suported in corona elements or how does it work? Or should I just go on the object that I am scattering it and select the ID there first.

I am a bit lost. Please help :)
RN

2019-01-31, 11:33:53
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Is it that forest pro is not suported in corona elements or how does it work? Or should I just go on the object that I am scattering it and select the ID there first.

The latter.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2019-01-31, 12:32:22
Reply #2

Romas Noreika

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • romasnoreika
Thank you :) I will try that :)
RN

2019-02-01, 08:24:11
Reply #3

3dboomerang

• Active Users
  • Head of 3D
    • View Profile
    • 3DFLOW
Forest Pack Pro object-MASKS need to be defined in the to-scatter objects, not forest pack itself. Annoying cause you cant use the same grass scatter object in 2x different forest pack objects if you want to mask grass A from grass B.

You would have to duplicate the to-scatter objects and create a new ID in that one.

2019-02-05, 09:02:22
Reply #4

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Amazing, the forum is full of FPPro-Mask/ID pass issues, but nobody ever created a valid, "official" feature request that we should be able to select the FPPro object OR a scatter item to create passes/masks.

Some links in this thread:

https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=23331.0

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.