Author Topic: Wood Board Corona Material  (Read 19403 times)

2019-07-30, 13:06:28

Architex

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello.
I am a rookie in Corona and 3D Studio. Try to learn from myself after work hours.
I have been working with Rhino and Vray for many years but i think 3D Studio and Corona have some magical finishings for my purpose. So...

Why the Corona Wood Board Material wont appear in 3D Studio Max viewport when choosing "show materials and high quality"?
The bit map is missing and its frustrating to tweak map scale on objects without seeing that texture. The other materials are OK. But this Wood Boards are not.

Any one with some explanation?
Cheers

2019-07-30, 15:52:09
Reply #1

dzintas

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

As I understand you're using material from corona material library?
If so then you have no need to adjust material scale, unless you're seeking very specific effect.
All materials from material library comes with with triplanar mapping or with correct real world size units. So most of the time you don't need to do anything to get correct scale, or you only need uvw map set to real-world map size.

But if you really wan't to see your map ir viewport, you should try enabling "show shaded material in viewport", not in material itself but in specific bitmap node.

2019-07-30, 16:42:31
Reply #2

sprayer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
that's because it set to  world scale or triplanar what appears wrong in veiwport and even in shader preview. Use advantage of corona. Use interective render for preview material, you may isolate on object and tick show hidden light if needed to show all light in isolate mode.

2019-08-03, 16:50:45
Reply #3

Architex

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello.
Thanks for the reply and sorry for not coming soon. I was at work on a dead line project.

The problem is After aply the corona from Corona Material it not fit properly. Maybe it was because i import the model from Rhino and possible Rhino bring the scale inside that plane.
I think i can replicate the texture and post here with a photo.

Cheers

2019-08-03, 20:49:55
Reply #4

sprayer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
yes it might be so, apply reset xform for that.

you also can share problematic model here.