Author Topic: Juraj's Renderings thread  (Read 487261 times)

2013-11-08, 16:39:26
Reply #135

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Even if you did, corona still should not limit users in how large their scenes can be. Try if precise embree mode helps. If not, then it's a bug, if yes, then Keymaster will have to do some optimizing.

2013-11-08, 16:43:03
Reply #136

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
do not speculate, post the goddamn scene instead! ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-11-12, 10:14:16
Reply #137

Freakaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Website
Hi Juraj, nice images, can I ask you what do you use for floor and wall plank variations? It somehow looks like floor generator with multitexture, but for me multitexture is not working in Corona, somehow it just refuses to use more than one texture for the mix. Could you share some knowledge on this subject?

2013-11-12, 13:02:56
Reply #138

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Hi Juraj, nice images, can I ask you what do you use for floor and wall plank variations? It somehow looks like floor generator with multitexture, but for me multitexture is not working in Corona, somehow it just refuses to use more than one texture for the mix. Could you share some knowledge on this subject?

Hi Freakaz, it's not multitexture or anything procedural. In the parisian project, it was baked-in multi-texture (one large 12 000px square texture, that repeated on 8meters I think, so nothing noticeable), here it was simple unwrap (I only had 6 or so planks from Dinesen) and slight manual moving around of one texture again (all 6 planks next to each other).

This is actually preferable workflow for me compared to multitexture because I don't like to extract specular maps from diffuse by using ColorCorrect (either Max default or the plugin, they both suck hard). I can prepare these maps more precisely in Photoshop.

It's not that flexible for all, but sufficient for floors.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2013-11-12, 13:22:53
Reply #139

Freakaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Website
Thanks, looks like i'll have to use the good old Manual way fow now :)

2013-11-16, 15:03:43
Reply #140

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Lot of new stuff. I had some time inbetween work to somehow finish this, I think around 12 pictures or so, that I'll post on Monday.

Peter Guthrie asked me to guest write some Tips and Tricks for Corona beginners and that should go live pretty soon as well.

And last but not least, I will be teaching full making (which was the original purpose of this project originally, before it became commercial, and than hobby again) of to Architecture students in our local city at Architecture faculty to students, for free. They lost some really lector, since lot of them are our friends, we decided with Veronika to spend some Fridays showing people stuff how to get up and running with vizuals for their school projects.

I will still finish my regular online (free) tutorial, but I suck, I am slow, I am unconcetrated and Intimidated with the scope. But yeah, I guess, hopefully decently "soon" as well.

Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models

2013-11-16, 15:49:40
Reply #141

michaltimko

• Active Users
  • Coronaut (c)
    • View Profile
awsm! You can try to compose swimming person into that pool, should be amazing detail.
Coronaut!(c)2011

Supporting Corona in commercial projects since pre-alpha

2013-11-16, 19:33:53
Reply #142

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Juraj, is there any website with free resources you would recommend?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2013-11-16, 21:09:19
Reply #143

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Juraj, is there any website with free resources you would recommend?

Of course, a lot, or atleast partially free. But what do you mean by "resources" ? Knowledge, tutorials, models, textures ? Everything :- ) ? So I won't write something stupid.

2013-11-16, 23:09:54
Reply #144

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
By resources I meant textures/backgrounds/models. Usually the good old rule applies: expensive or shitty. :)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2013-11-16, 23:34:16
Reply #145

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
By resources I meant textures/backgrounds/models. Usually the good old rule applies: expensive or shitty. :)

Yep, I agree with that perfectly. I don't buy many resources to be honest, just few things here and there that I really love from Bertrand Benoit. I also love CG-Source HDRis.

All the textures I use are from CGTextures (50 euros per year I think for hi-res) and Arroway.

As far as models go, 3dSky/3ddd is... funny place and it is free if you donate models. 1/100 model is really gem, the rest incredible shit. It's like going to thrift store for clothes. Pretty adventurous experience :- )

2013-11-18, 10:19:30
Reply #146

yagi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
2 questions : i know its lit with a single Hdri but where the heck did you get such Hdri and how did you use it in corona in details pls......awesome lighting

2013-11-18, 11:23:57
Reply #147

RolandB

• Active Users
  • Corona fan
    • View Profile
    • Béhance portfolio
2 questions : i know its lit with a single Hdri but where the heck did you get such Hdri and how did you use it in corona in details pls......awesome lighting
Yes same question as yagi. I use to play with PG HDRI, especialy the 0902 Overcast, but I never have those lighting as you are.
Thanks in advance for the tutorials about your amazing and excellent work Juraj.
Portfolio on Béhance
http://www.behance.net/GCStudio

2013-11-18, 11:57:51
Reply #148

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Ok, I'll write up on that, but give me a day or two, it takes quite some concentration for me to do that well :- ).

2013-11-19, 23:14:40
Reply #149

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Uff, I posted the project finally, but I have very little energy left to also post it on forum at the moment. Swarmed with work.. atleast there is bacon and cola.

Here is link to chosen 16 visuals on BEHANCE : http://bit.ly/18lw3Qq