Author Topic: Juraj's Renderings thread  (Read 486758 times)

2013-11-22, 13:20:36
Reply #165

vkiuru

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Juraj,

just wanted to thank you for taking the time to talk hardware in the middle of all your work - even if you said you enjoy talking about it! I bought a new rig, I first had a Xeon rig in mind but settled with one pretty much like yours. Even the leap from 24GB ram to 32GB does wonders (was gonna go for 64GB but they had only one kit ready), let alone the computing power compared to my old i920! So yeah, thanks, your posts were informative.

I love your new renders.. you seem awful busy and it's obvious you are a perfectionist - keep on posting and don't burn yourself out!

2013-11-22, 17:11:30
Reply #166

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I am glad you're happy with powerful computer, it does make a night and day difference to comfort of work :- ).

Ah, we did first 3 hours of teaching. Oh boy, who would expect it would go so slow :- ) but it was awesome experience. But I don't blame them, getting around the very basics of Max, the cursed SNAPPING is indeed a nightmare. But learning proper habits go long way in getting hang of things. I think next week I will chime in and show some speed-modelling in Max to show the true flexibility and robust workflow so they don't all go back to Sketchup :- ). (funky stuff, it took me 6 months...to get completely away from Sketchup, which I loved but it started to be burden to more complex and clean stuff I needed to do, pure SubDivision modelling and quad topologies, but Veronika started straight with Max, and up to this day, is still 2-3 times faster, because she is wired much more with the poly modelling logic).

But since we got so little ahead, it's not problem to re-record in like 10 minutes for Veronika in english, do some basic subtitles and upload to youtube, once she has bit of time to get around Camtasia. This is the time when our special secret, my brother, and IT maniac, comes on scene and handles affairs. I ain't got no nerves for that.

Back to work now and then beer time in city

Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2013-11-23, 23:34:55
Reply #167

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I've cleaned this thread of unnecessary tests and render settings. No one will be confused further, and everyone will be happy. I won't post any further either and take break.
Cheers
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models

2013-11-23, 23:49:55
Reply #168

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
oh for fucks sake... what did just happen? I am to lazy to go back and try to find out who insulted whom.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-11-23, 23:52:59
Reply #169

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
oh for fucks sake... what did just happen? I am to lazy to go back and try to find out who insulted whom.

lol, I think all is just fine ;- ) But I will not post things that will create controversy and ridicule for anyone. Now I cleaned things up a bit, so nothing can be argued about, anywhere and I think it's for better.

2013-11-23, 23:56:00
Reply #170

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
There is beautiful new inspirative project by Bertrand and I think it's worth more to go admire it than continue discussint this on forum.

He's back to full architecture..and it's beautiful as ever.

http://bertrand-benoit.com/blog/2013/11/23/la-maison-de-verre/

2013-11-28, 07:00:55
Reply #171

khoscorona

• Active Users
    • View Profile
great and what is you machine. render times?

2013-11-29, 02:16:24
Reply #172

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
great and what is you machine. render times?

Render times are long and machines are expensive :- ) Check few pages back, they are regular i7 3930/4930k, few of them, it's budget scenario for now.

2013-11-29, 02:21:27
Reply #173

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
If anyone was bored and wanted to watch something educative, we already started posting the videos online, but for now, they are in slovak language. They will be re-voiced fully in english after they are all complete, in early February. By that time, there should be around 20 videos and around 20 hours of free material.
We create them and publish them after our Friday's classes at Uni are over, so far there are 2 basic modelling videos.

[so disclaimer: might only hold value for total beginners right now, but eventually will go very complex, and until February only Slovak voice (Veronika and me, plus some of our modelers for SubD), in February English voice (again us) plus english subtitles ]

Just wanted to put it up in case some slovaks/czech/people who don't care about voice would look it up.

We'll supply full files for every stage by then too, right now, if someone wants the Cad files, just write me or maybe I'll post a link. It's just basic stuff Veronika drawn in AutoCad to simplify it.
At the moment it's only HD1280px, but english version will come on my VimeoPro so it will show in its original fullHD quality.

« Last Edit: 2013-11-29, 02:31:13 by Juraj_Talcik »

2013-11-29, 08:47:22
Reply #174

RolandB

• Active Users
  • Corona fan
    • View Profile
    • Béhance portfolio
Thanks a lot Veronika and Juraj, you are the best !
Edit : I've downloaded the videos... I don't understand slovak but I like the Veronika's voice, so I let the sound on :)
« Last Edit: 2013-11-29, 09:04:56 by RolandB »
Portfolio on Béhance
http://www.behance.net/GCStudio

2013-11-29, 12:38:35
Reply #175

vkiuru

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You guys rock. Have a great weekend!

2013-11-29, 17:38:38
Reply #176

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Thanks a lot Veronika and Juraj, you are the best !
Edit : I've downloaded the videos... I don't understand slovak but I like the Veronika's voice, so I let the sound on :)

Haha,I'll tell her, she's extremely self-consious about her voice. Might have to buy more wine.

2013-11-29, 19:35:25
Reply #177

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
getting hammered is certainly a good way to do a tutorial :D

RolandB: All Slovak women I know have sexy voice. It's the language...
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-11-29, 22:27:22
Reply #178

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I think English subtitles would be enough. Do an English voiceover only if you want it to be more "professional".
One note: the voice is veeeery quiet!

btw. Slovak/Czech language sounds hilarious for Polish speakers and from what I've heard vice versa. These languages are similar but have subtle differences that make me smile, for example the way you say "metricky system" or "maxu" as a case of max. In Polish we probably would say "system metryczny" and "maxa", hope it also sounds funny for you guys.
« Last Edit: 2013-11-29, 22:32:30 by maru »
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2013-11-29, 22:30:53
Reply #179

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Extremely, there is also a shitton of jokes about polish language :D.

And your word for "search" means "to fuck".