Author Topic: vfb order layers  (Read 399 times)

2022-12-23, 11:29:54

gioba

• Active Users
    • View Profile
good morning. doing some tests i've noticed that if i put highlights compress right after exposure(as always as it been in all corona versions) i get a kind of result.
if i put it later, AFTER white balance,i get another result. so whats the order stack? should i just copy the old order stack and done?

thanks

2022-12-23, 13:19:48
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
TBH the suggested order is not to have Highlight Compress at all now, and just use the ACES OT instead. The new default stack is super useful in that regard, with the most used operators included in the most useful order.

Beyond that, it really comes down to "put it where you like the result". There are technical things in there, like if you Highlight Compress you are clamping some of the high values down, and thus limiting what things like Curves or ACES OT or LUTs can do as the full range of the image is no longer present, but in the end it is still "Do you like the result with it there, in that place? Does it give you the control you need to adjust things?" and if the answer is "yes" then it's fine :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2022-12-23, 14:05:42
Reply #2

gioba

• Active Users
    • View Profile
got it, thanks man

2022-12-23, 14:16:55
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
If it helps, the operators have tooltips, and sometimes they contain useful info, for example about clamping. Also, the operators are executed in the order from top to bottom.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us