Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Resolved Bugs

Corona Lights display performance

(1/4) > >>

Guillermo Leal:
I haven't found anyone mentioning this, maybe most people use very few lights. but the viewport display performance of corona lights its extremely slow. the current scene I'm working on has around 800 lights and its just impossible to navigate, i get about  2fps on a dual xeon 2650 with a cuadro k4200 and the same thing happens on an i7 with GTX titan, this on max 2014, 2015 or 2016. as a reference for vray lights i get about 9 fps, its also slow but much better.

am i missing something or this is just how it is with corona lights?

Guillermo Leal.

rfletchr:
Why not just hit CTRL+L to toggle viewport lighting off? is there some usefull purpose to having all those lighting being calculated in D3D? or is it the viewport rendering of the light gizmos thats slow?

maru:
I didn't fully understand OP's message either. Do you mean interactive rendering speed, viewport in realistic mode, or viewport in shaded mode? (or something else?) Can you send your scene, or similar with such problem, to support? ( https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new )

Guillermo Leal:
something i didn't mentioned before was that i tried with all viewport modes. opengl, direct3D, Nitrous and its the same. and that they are ies corona lights

Maru, this is in the viewport navigation, while modeling, etc. it can be wireframe, shaded is the same.

its easy to replicate. create a corona light and assign an ies file and make 800 instances, the view port will become extremely slow to move around.

maybe a possible solution would be to have a checkbox like vraylight to disable the representation of the ies shape in the viewport?

gl

maru:
Something is wrong indeed. And you don't have to add IES for this. Creating 800 sphere primitives with 16 segments each does not slow down viewport at all. Creating Corona lights, even rectangular, slows it down noticeably. Also, it could be that the "gizmo" (CoolLines(tm)) are there even if its size is set to 0.

Creating 800 Max's photometric lights with IES also introduces similar slowdown.

If you are using spherical/cylindrical/disc lights, you can decrease "segments" and enable "wireframe" option.

I will move this to bug reporting, although it probably requires some tiny "tweak".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version