Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] I need help!

problem with render resolution

(1/3) > >>

fLuppster:
Im probably going to ask a super stupid question, so dont punch me in the face please. ;)

Im trying to render out a foam material:

This image is a fast preview render from a close viewpoint. You can see the displaced surface - everything is fine.

When i go to the final camera and render it out in 4K it looks like this:

Sorry, if the problem is not evident, but the resolution of this surface is simply not high enough, no matter what resolution i take.
Is it maybe no matter of resolution? Is it more a sampling issue? What can i do?

€: Oh any by the way: Already tried to increase the material sampels.

Artisticpixel:
What is the distance between the camera(viewport) and first image and the camera with second image? with your second image is that a 4k image or have you cropped it to show the effect ? do you have DOF on in your 4k render? The further you move from the subject the less sharp it becomes-this happens in real life with cameras too. If it has nothing to do with camera distance or DOF then unfortunately I don't know either.

maru:
I think it will be impossible to render a big object with such fine displacement from a distance. This would require lots of lots of lots of lots of polys. You will most likely run out of ram. I would use bump map for fine detail + displacement for bigger features if you really need it. You can also try increasing displacement settings, but... you will most likely run out of ram. :)

--- Quote ---Oh any by the way: Already tried to increase the material sampels.
--- End quote ---
What do you mean?

fLuppster:
Image 1: 30cm
Image 2: 200cm

DoF is disabled, because i dont need it. Okay, so i better dont use displacement or such a fine alpha map here.
Sorry for crossposting now, but how would you recreate this material?

The view will be very flat:

I guess the most simple solution is just a good bump map.

maru:
I would go for bump map if you don't need ultra-macro shot like the previous ones. Plus SSS if you really need it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version